I thought this was a cool pic...

http://www.brentdupont.com/temp/bodyon.jpg

Stuart Adams
11-29-2004, 09:19 AM
Looks great.

jonny51
11-29-2004, 09:27 AM
Yeah I would say that qualifies as a pretty cool pic :D
I can't wait to that thing finished,there are so many cool cars being built right now.

camcojb
11-29-2004, 09:33 AM
Yes Brent, awesome job. Gonna be very cool!

Jody

Ricochet
11-29-2004, 09:54 AM
Thanks guys!! Finally some forward progress.

907rs
11-29-2004, 09:55 AM
Looks good Brent, She's moving along quite nicely!

parsonsj
11-29-2004, 07:11 PM
Very nice stuff. A wishbone, eh? I think I remember seeing that when I looked at some of your photos at Sandlin's get-together at SEMA.

Don't be like me ... give us more pics!

jp

XcYZ
11-29-2004, 07:18 PM
Brent e-mailed me a few more...

http://www.brentdupont.com/temp/chassistest1.JPG

http://www.brentdupont.com/temp/chassistest2.JPG

61Bubbletop
11-29-2004, 09:13 PM
Talk about a car "sitting right"...that is going to be better than the drawing!

hotwheels
11-29-2004, 10:19 PM
that looks totally awesome..........you are very talented........keep us posted on the updates of your awesome car...........hotwheels of turborides

zbugger
11-29-2004, 10:37 PM
Hey Brent, is it done yet?

Keith
11-30-2004, 02:04 AM
I thought this was a cool pic...

http://www.brentdupont.com/temp/bodyon.jpg

Wow!!! First time I've changed my desktop backround since my renderings came back from Kris!! :)

Ricochet
11-30-2004, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the compliments. It feels good to working on something again. Were still aloooonnnnng ways from completion. The original plan was to have it done for SEMA 2005. But I think at this moment that is a little aggressive, not to mention with a little one due in March I know things will slow down. Also my brother who is helping on the project, his wife is having twins in March as well. (Must be something in water around here?? :confused:)
So with that said SEMA 2006 is more likely.

I won't be stingy like you John, I'll share more pics as they come!! LOL :D

Ummgawa
11-30-2004, 01:43 PM
Brent, thanks for the great pix. Keep up the inspirational stuff for us amatures.

Ricochet
11-30-2004, 02:17 PM
Brent, thanks for the great pix. Keep up the inspirational stuff for us amatures.

Jim, Aren't you funny!! :D

I'm right along most all of you!! Just an average guy working out of his garage in this addicting hobby!!

Ummgawa
11-30-2004, 03:05 PM
I know I have just got to get off my Butt and get rolling. I have built "components" for the Vert but I have run out of stuff to do. Time to get serious and get to stripping and welding. My big concern is paint. I have a paint guy that maintains that he can be done in 45 days (heard that before) I would hate to have it written " this guy finished this car in 6 months" on the tour and be wanted back home for assault with a deadly weapon. (for pistol whipping my painter to get it done.)

Brent, how rough was the body on Nickleback? I have a 55 post that is rough as a night in jail, but it is a 55 post that is all there. 10 years ago I would have passed on it, but now they are too hard to find in any condition. I have a buddy that took a 56 post and welded 55 rear taillight sections in and put a 55 front, chrome, and "Viola!" 55 chevy.

Ricochet
12-01-2004, 08:24 AM
Jim-

I have a 55 post that is rough as a night in jail, Have you ever done stand up?? LOL!!

Fortunately for me the body on Nickelback is pretty solid overall. The left rear qtr has been butchered once before. I'll wait for my painter to make the decision whether it could be saved or put another one on it. LOL! The typical rear panel below the trunk is a little rusty, other than that very nice for a 50 yr old piece. Another fortunate thing for me is that I have a good painter. He is straight up & doesn't tell you what you want to hear. He told me about 6 months from start to finish. And knowing him I'll probably have it back in 5.

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss355/DuPont55/100_0285.jpg

Ummgawa
12-01-2004, 12:59 PM
45 days sounds too quick to me be he maintains that he'll have 5 guys on it until its ready to paint. It is a super strait no rust car that has a fantastic paint on it but , of course, not in the color I want.

Steve Chryssos
12-01-2004, 03:58 PM
Jim-
The left rear qtr has been butchered once before. I'll wait for my painter to make the decision whether it could be saved or put another one on it.

Hell, I just figured that vertical seam was there because you were shortening up the wheelbase a little.

Ricochet
12-01-2004, 04:46 PM
Hell, I just figured that vertical seam was there because you were shortening up the wheelbase a little.

Actually i was thinking of going for that Nostaligia funny car look!! :rolleyes:

Ricochet
10-11-2005, 09:39 AM
Well, it has been way to long since I have been able to share progress notes on Nickeback, cause unfortunately there hasn't been any.. Well, as of late we have been ordering parts & making a little progress. So here are a few pics I thought I would share. I receieved all my Vintage Air stuff & the Baer Brakes just showed up yesterday...Gotta love it!! I know after SEMA things will be moving along very rapidly!!

TravisB
10-11-2005, 09:54 AM
Very nice, bear makes a very nice product! That Intake manifold is impressive!

Stuart Adams
10-11-2005, 10:03 AM
Very nice. I know the family has been were most of the attention has been, and that's real cool, but glad to see some progress. SEMA soon!

rwhite692
10-11-2005, 05:05 PM
Looking very nice, Brent.

DCreations
10-11-2005, 05:18 PM
badass!!! what size brakes are they? :thumbsup:

jonny51
10-11-2005, 07:06 PM
Looking good Brent :thumbsup:

Who makes those valve covers?

Are those the new baer 6 pistons?

Ummgawa
10-11-2005, 09:08 PM
Brent that is one gorgeous Motor, and I mean woman purty.

Ricochet
10-11-2005, 11:19 PM
Thanks everybody! They are 14" all around with Baer's new 6 piston calipers all around with the integral E-brake set up, much like the late model GM trucks. We were going to try to stuff 15" up front, but will not clear an 18" with a reverse lip. Either way..More than enough brakes than I will ever need, especially with the hydra-boost set up. They told me,"Your insides will stop before the car" I said perfect, I'll take them!! :thumbsup:

Johnny the valvecovers came from a place on EBAY mojo performance.

evilzee28
10-12-2005, 01:38 AM
Hi Brent, do you have a web address or email address for Mojo Performance, tried a search & couldn't find them. Those covers look good, did you have any problems dealing with Mojo in buying them? Thanks...Nigel

Steve Chryssos
10-12-2005, 09:07 AM
Very trick lookin "Stop & Go" photos. I'm looking forward to more pix. Hurry!

907rs
10-12-2005, 09:41 AM
Brent, that car is gonna be a work of art! I can't wait to see more of it. :thumbsup:

Datsbad
10-12-2005, 09:31 PM
i have had 2 sets of front and rear baers on order for at least 6 months and still nothing . how did you get them ? kinda pisses me off some . Baer you listening?

not long and i will be buying something else.

XcYZ
10-12-2005, 09:38 PM
Brent has had a unique relationship with Baer ever since Ricochet (http://www.brentdupont.com/ricochet/) won the 'Best Street Machine' at SEMA 2 years ago. It also helped that Ricochet got on ESPN2 a couple times with Don Garlits drooling all over it. :thumbsup:

Datsbad
10-12-2005, 09:40 PM
ok , i see

still want my brakes though. it has been long enough !

XcYZ
10-12-2005, 09:57 PM
I totally hear you! I wasn't defending Baer, I just wanted you to know why Brent ranks well with them.

Have you seen the 14" stuff from Precision Brakes?

Ricochet
10-13-2005, 10:39 PM
i have had 2 sets of front and rear baers on order for at least 6 months and still nothing . how did you get them ? kinda pisses me off some . Baer you listening?

not long and i will be buying something else.

I understand completely! I know why things have been taking so long for Baer, but probably still won't completely satisfy you or others. Here is what I can tell I was told. These new 6S & 6R systems are completely done in house. From the design to manufacturing everything is done at their facility. It has been along process for them to get everything set up & running. As you know there will always be growing pains with new processes. I know they have been filling back orders for quite sometime.

I know it has been awhile, but once you get them..TRUST ME, you well be impressed, these things are bad ass in every aspect.

Ricochet
10-13-2005, 10:42 PM
I totally hear you! I wasn't defending Baer, I just wanted you to know why Brent ranks well with them.

Have you seen the 14" stuff from Precision Brakes?

Precision Brakes makes some killer stuff as welll! Then again though, I don't think you can go wrong with anybody's 14" set ups!!

evilzee28
10-14-2005, 01:14 AM
Hi Brent, do you have a web address or email address for Mojo Performance, tried a search & couldn't find them. Those covers look good, did you have any problems dealing with Mojo in buying them? Thanks...Nigel

guess you might have missed my post, any help welcome :thumbsup:

Ricochet
10-14-2005, 09:06 AM
guess you might have missed my post, any help welcome :thumbsup:

Sorry about that Nigel. I couldn't their website, but this link will get you there through EBAY..

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmusclemotorsperformance

Brent

TravisB
10-14-2005, 10:04 AM
Is that a Hogan Intake???????

XcYZ
10-14-2005, 10:16 AM
Is that a Hogan Intake???????

Yes, yes it is. I love it. :thumbsup:

Ricochet
10-14-2005, 12:22 PM
Yes, yes it is. I love it. :thumbsup:

Yeah...What he said!! :D

evilzee28
10-15-2005, 04:51 PM
Sorry about that Nigel. I couldn't their website, but this link will get you there through EBAY..

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmusclemotorsperformance

Brent
Thanks for that Brent, are they ok to deal with & are the covers good quality?? :)

Ricochet
10-17-2005, 09:28 AM
From my experience, I would recommend them. The quality is awesome!

Jims78elky
10-17-2005, 06:06 PM
Awesome work brent...Then again what else would we expect form you!! :hail:

Also..I know you have said this before,but what is the engine your
working on..? I know thats a Hogans intake.. what HP are you
shooting for :cool:

Great Job,

-Jim

Ricochet
10-18-2005, 10:00 AM
Thanks Jim! I actually bought the motor turn key from Shaver Racing. They off ity as one of their "Crate Motors". They start with a 502 shortblock from the General. They typical is done - balance, blue print, change the cam, Pro Topline Heads, Hogan Intake. It is really mild, especially compared to the HP Junkies hangin' around here. Still has 9.0-1. The motor dynoed at 574 HP & 597 lbs of tourqe. They advertise it at 525 HP. They did a little more work to mine & changed the cam from their normal. I was hoping for 600 HP. Oh well, 574 will do me just fine.

http://www.shaverengines.com/crate.html

Diognes56
10-21-2005, 06:48 PM
Ricochet was such a great car, I can't wait to see Nickelback finished :burnout: .

David

Ricochet
11-16-2005, 02:37 PM
Well, other than keeping my credit card company busy, I finally got busy on the car. I made some support plates for the body mounts, welded them in & made some room via the plasma cutter to shoehorn the motor/tranny in. Had to really cut it up pretty good due to raising the motor/tranny 3 inches to keep the driveline angle correct. The reason for this is I raised the rear suspension up 5" over stock. The car will sit with the rockers 4.5" off the ground with a 30" tall tire. Took notes on how Troy did "Sickfish". I'll be working on my metal forming skills this weekend with the firewall & tranny tunnel.

XcYZ
11-16-2005, 02:39 PM
The twin tubular K-member is a nice touch.

What Plasma do you have?

TravisB
11-16-2005, 02:42 PM
That is definatly a nice chassis.....

Stuart Adams
11-16-2005, 03:08 PM
Going to be awesome.

Ricochet
11-16-2005, 03:11 PM
The twin tubular K-member is a nice touch.

What Plasma do you have?

It's a Hobart. Get's the job done & the price was right. My buddy bought it a couple years ago and hasn't used it for over a year. He said keep it & I'll let you know when I need it back. :thumbsup: Gotta like that!!

Thanks for the compliments on the chassis!

Payton King
11-16-2005, 03:25 PM
Very nice! What a butt load of work! Looking forward to more progress pics.

Ricochet
11-16-2005, 03:35 PM
Very nice! What a butt load of work! Looking forward to more progress pics.

Thanks...And yes it is alot of work. It feels good to be back into swing of it. Been idle way to long!!

907rs
11-16-2005, 04:50 PM
Looks good, Brent. :thumbsup: What's your plan for the remaining portions of the firewall?

67Sally
11-16-2005, 06:04 PM
It's going to be nice Brent. Thanks for sharing the pictures.....keep them coming.
W.

Ricochet
11-16-2005, 06:37 PM
Looks good, Brent. :thumbsup: What's your plan for the remaining portions of the firewall?

Thanks!! I'll know I will be cutting more out of it. I cut just enough to get it in. At this time I'll leave as much as I can & just go over the top. Leave as much strength there as possisble. I plan on running a false firewall inside as well to hide all the components, wiring etc.

Ummgawa
11-16-2005, 07:40 PM
Other than my welder, my Plasma (Hobart also) is the best tool I have in my garage.

Butt kickin progress Brent, You da man.

hotwheels
11-16-2005, 08:26 PM
awesome job, that is gonna be wicked

Diognes56
11-20-2005, 03:39 PM
Took notes on how Troy did "Sickfish".

And I am taking notes on how you do Nickelback ;) :yes: . I can't wait to see it finished :D .

David

Roger Poirier
11-20-2005, 05:44 PM
And I am taking notes on how you do Nickelback ;) :yes: . I can't wait to see it finished :D .

David

You have to help this rookie out. What are you working on? I admire you guys that can do there own work. I'm a store bought guy as I do not have the knowledge and skill to do such work.

R.P.

Ricochet
11-21-2005, 11:23 PM
You have to help this rookie out. What are you working on? I admire you guys that can do there own work. I'm a store bought guy as I do not have the knowledge and skill to do such work.

R.P.

I'm always up for helping anybody out. Ricochet was my first real "Big" project. I picked quite a few brains while building that car. Then again there is the old trial & error method. That sometimes though get costly & time consuming. Although you also learn real quick not to do it again!! :D

Diognes56
11-22-2005, 02:24 AM

R.P.

I would be more than happy to take any pointers Ricochet (I loved that '57 by the way) can give me :yes: . It is mostly the time and money aspects that are the main problems (I am going to school for autobody right now). I hope to do as much of my own work as possible, though the interior will be done by somebody else and my dad will help me if/when I need help with the wiring and/or mechanicals. I pretty much know what I want to build, I have a 1956 Chevrolet Bel Air 4dr sedan, and how I want to build it (click on link in sig). I am always on the look out for new things and ideas though :D .

David

rwhite692
11-22-2005, 10:45 PM
Brent, that is looking very, very trick. Can't wait to see it in person!

Ricochet
11-23-2005, 01:32 PM
Thanks for encouragement guys!! Here are a few more updated pics.

I worked on the firewall this weekend. It's not in final, but this is the
direction I plan on going. The center piece I bought. I'll just piece some
sides in to make it go all the way form side to side. I had to put the real
motor in instead of the mock up. I was looking at it & thought the heads
looked a little different. We'll I'm glad I did, turns out the deck height
on the Topline heads are a little over 4", where as factory GM heads are 3.5".
That could have been a costly one...

Ummgawa
11-23-2005, 01:49 PM
Wow Brent, That is awesome work. You are most definately "The Man". :hail:

One question, how did it feel to let loose of Ricochet after all the accolaides, attention and WORK you put into that masterpiece? Will it be harder to cut loose of Nickleback?

Ricochet
11-23-2005, 04:49 PM
YOu know Jim, I never built Ricochet to sell. It was just one of those things. He wanted it more than me. I still think about the car and miss it in ways, but it's about moving forward. The way that whole thing went down was pretty wild. I was fortunate in many ways. Selling the car opened some doors. Aside from buying some new tools for the shop, I was able to do some nice things for my family.

I'm having fun building Nickelback. I really enjoy building them. Everything that goes into it, the thought process, fabrication, execution, all of it. I don't plan on selling this car anytime soon. Aside from some shows, I have some big plans for this car which include proving it's worthiness driving & at the track. Plus, I have some obligations I need to fulfill.

Hopefully by the end of this weekend I'll have the car on the ground. I need to set up final ride height. I have to measure for wheel size & offsets. I plan ordering the wheels next week. Looks like 18X8 front & 20x11 for the rear. I'll keep you posted!

Stuart Adams
11-23-2005, 06:55 PM
Special car being formed in that garage. Thanks for the update. :hail:

67Sally
11-23-2005, 09:27 PM
Brent, thanks for sharing the mock up picks; they look great.
W.

Kendall Burleson
11-25-2005, 11:07 PM
The chassis look like its going to work well no matter how much power you put in it. the sway bar are killer can they handle the power? I would love to see it at SEMA!:thumbsup:

Kendall

syborg tt
11-26-2005, 07:01 AM
Hopefully by the end of this weekend I'll have the car on the ground. I need to set up final ride height. I have to measure for wheel size & offsets. I plan ordering the wheels next week. Looks like 18X8 front & 20x11 for the rear. I'll keep you posted!

I have an awesome tool that you are welcome to borrow. for setting up the wheels and the backspace. It was sure a life saver on my project. It allowed us to mount the wheels during fabrication and run it thru the suspension travel and turning.

http://www.sportmachines.com/albums/wheels-tires/2005_11_10_040.jpg

Ricochet
11-26-2005, 11:42 PM

I have an awesome tool that you are welcome to borrow. for setting up the wheels and the backspace. It was sure a life saver on my project. It allowed us to mount the wheels during fabrication and run it thru the suspension travel and turning.

http://www.sportmachines.com/albums/wheels-tires/2005_11_10_040.jpg

That is really cool tool. I just may take you up on the that offer, THANKS!Where are you located anyways? I got the car back on the ground today (I'll post pics tomorrow or Monday) I have a 18x8 (5" backspace w/ a 245/40 on it. Looks like everything will clear. It's close but should work. I'll probably end up running 18x7.5 with 235/45. That should clear eveything no problem. I still have to do the rear. Hopefully I'll get if figured it out tomorrow. Ran out of time today. Car doessit awesome though. Ride height up front has the rockers 4.5" front & the rear is at 5.75". I may go a shorter tire to get down further. Like a 305/40 vs 295/45. The 305 is 1" shorter (but 1/2" wider :D ) than the 295. We'll see. Ill have a better idea by Monday.

syborg tt
11-27-2005, 08:12 AM
Just outside Chicago and only two day's away via Priority Mail

Ricochet
11-28-2005, 01:46 AM
Thanks alot for the offer of the tool. Very nice gesture! But I think I was able to wrap it up this weekend. The 18x8's with a 5" backspace worked out perfect. I didn't think the 245/40 would work as far as turning was concerned, but no problem at all. The rear is a 20x11 with a 6". I'm going to end up going with a 20x10.5 with a 5.5". I have also decided to run the 305/40 which is a little shorter at 29.6" than the 295/45 at 30.5". I'm going to get some rear tires tomorrow to finalize everything up.

I also found out (as I suspected earlier on) that I need to move the rack up & order some drop spindles. Rack mounts are only 2.5" off the ground. Lowest part of the whole car..NOT GOOD! Once I move the mounts the lowest part of the whole car will be the frame which is at 4.25". Plenty of clearance. It is sitting at final ride in the pics. The front rockers are at exactly 4.5" off the ground & the rear is at 5.5". That's all for now.

syborg tt
11-28-2005, 02:40 AM
love the ride height - looks perfect.

?? The upper control arms look to be on a step angle is that ride height

Ricochet
11-28-2005, 10:06 AM
love the ride height - looks perfect.

?? The upper control arms look to be on a step angle is that ride height

Yes the control arms shooting for the moon! If I had to do it all over again, I would have stepped the frame in the front moving all the susp up. That would have pulled both the upper & lower control arms down. Once I get the 2" drop spindles & drop the the coil over 2" that should pull it down a fair amount. We'll see??

MarkM66
11-28-2005, 10:24 AM
Looks Super!

Where did you buy the firewall piece from?

Ricochet
11-28-2005, 06:47 PM
Looks Super!

Where did you buy the firewall piece from?

Thanks Mark!! The firewall came from www.thespeedcenter.net They make it with a 2" or 3" recess. $200.00. Real nice piece. :thumbsup:

Brent

Ricochet
06-05-2006, 10:27 AM
Been awhile since I have posted any updates due to there hasn't been any :mad: Well I'm back on it now. Just got it back from my buddy, Jim , who is doing the bodywork. Had to replace the driver qtr panel and the 3 tail pieces below the trunk. The qtr had been replaced at one time & they did a botch job. The tail pieces were full of rust, typical for tri fives. As you can see in some of the pics...Jim is quite a joker!! Came out killer. Now I can fab and tie in the new floors. By the end of the month I'll have the body back off and it goes in for stepped headers & exhaust. Finally forward progress.... :D

jy211
06-05-2006, 10:30 AM
looks good...just need the Bacardi Lemon to add into the corona's..... :D :thumbsup:

Payton King
06-05-2006, 12:43 PM
Glad to see you car heading in a good direction. I really like the pic of it in the grass...what a stance

I see you are not even drinking the unleaded stuff, but the full leaded version of the Corona

coolclassiccars
06-05-2006, 12:58 PM
wow that looks real good what wheels are they? the stance is bada$$ looking. nice job so far .what color or colors? :yes:

Rybar
06-05-2006, 01:21 PM
OMG that looks sick! :hail: I need a new project '56 Bel-Air HT :D

XcYZ
06-05-2006, 01:23 PM
That's not a car, that's a lawnmower. :D

Love the hatchet pic. lol

Sales@Dutchboys
06-05-2006, 01:59 PM
looking good......

-Paul

Ricochet
06-05-2006, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the props, guys. Feels good to finally be in the mode again.

The stance in the picks will be final ride height. Rockers are 4.5" in front & 5.5" in rear off the ground.

As far as the wheels, they were designed and built by Mike Desmond. He had them on his Chevelle. He desinged a different style he decided to use. He is letting me use them as rollers. They actually ended being the same exact size & offsets I needed.

Question to all - I'm using 305/40-20's out back right now. Does anybody know off a wider tire that still has some height to it? I want to keep it atleast 29" tall. I still have alot of room for more tire but need height to fill the wheel well. I have checked all my sources with no prevail...

Thanks again-
Brent

Ricochet
06-05-2006, 02:12 PM
That's not a car, that's a lawnmower. :D

Maybe be an episode for Monster Garage, huh?? :D

Your killing me Scott!!

Speedster
06-05-2006, 02:18 PM
Very nice. That thing is built like a tank. You may have to change the name from Nickelback to M-1. Cool.

rwhite692
06-06-2006, 02:48 PM
Brent that is looking very nice -R

lt1 chevelle
06-06-2006, 04:16 PM
looks nice what kind of power plant your putting in there? and what color u painting it. im sure ill see you at some shows once its done.

Ricochet
06-06-2006, 04:42 PM
Thanks!! The motor is already done. Shaver Racing built it. It's a reworked 502, Pro Topline heads, Hogan Intake, EFI etc.. It's very docile compared to some on this site. Motor made 586 HP & 614 ft lbs torque. I included a few pics of the motor & wheels I'm running.

As far as paint, it will be a wine color on the main body & nickel color on the back and roof. Hence the name Nickelback.

Thanks again-
Brent

Stuart Adams
06-06-2006, 06:19 PM
Brent, that is over the top. Love the stance on that body type. Be real badd a when done. Quality guy = quality car, cool.

almcbri
06-06-2006, 06:48 PM
that will be a beautiful car when completed! good work

rockdogz
06-06-2006, 07:46 PM
Man I love that intake and the valve covers... looks great!

ironworks
06-06-2006, 07:51 PM
Who is doing the headers and exhaust? Just curious who does that stuff in your neck of the woods?

Rodger

lt1 chevelle
06-06-2006, 08:44 PM
nice my uncle has a 57 he is building he is also has a 502 in it buts its the stock crate zz502 with a carb what kind of motor mounts are you using also let me kno how the headers come out becuase im sure he gunna have to have a pair made

Thanks!! The motor is already done. Shaver Racing built it. It's a reworked 502, Pro Topline heads, Hogan Intake, EFI etc.. It's very docile compared to some on this site. Motor made 586 HP & 614 ft lbs torque. I included a few pics of the motor & wheels I'm running.

As far as paint, it will be a wine color on the main body & nickel color on the back and roof. Hence the name Nickelback.

Thanks again-
Brent

Ricochet
06-07-2006, 12:22 AM
Thanks again guys for the kind words!!

Stuart, I was looking at your post..Your # of posts were 666 on the day of 06/06/06. I hope you didn't jinx me!! :_paranoid

Rodger, as far as the headers. Mark @ Performance Welding in Foresthill will be doing the headers & exhaust. He is only 20 mins away from me. You do some killer work. I saw the headers you built for a guy with a 32 Roadster, Mike Perry, I think that's his name.. My buddy is putting the car together for him. You guys do some killer work.

Lt1 Chevelle, as far as the headers, not sure how modified your Uncle's 57 is going to be, but he may find a set that will bolt right in. The chassis I have is custom built. There are alot of factors as to why I need a custom set done. Once I get it back I'll post some pics with the body off the chassis that will show what had to be done.

Brent

Jay Hilliard
06-07-2006, 07:42 AM
Very NICE Brent. The stance is perfect. :thumbsup:

whytry
06-07-2006, 11:34 AM
Hey Brent, good to see the car's progressing. I have been checking your site but did not see much updates... Now I know why. It is going to be a beautiful car. Good luck on the progress. Now that I'm local maybe I'll stop by sometime.

ironworks
06-07-2006, 12:22 PM
Man that thing is lookin good. Should be an awesome ride. What are you running for the custom chassis?
I only asked about the headers because they are a fun project but a total labor of love, So if your gonna labor on the headers it might as well be on a bad ass car. And not to many people do it and do it with a style and function.

I have a few guys wanting a tube chassis for a 55-57 like I have under my truck with some C6 stuff. So I'm wondering want the custom stuff looks like.

Thanks

Rybar
06-07-2006, 12:25 PM
The Motor looks insane Brent, you are building the car I want to build next. :hail: (only I want a '56 HT)

Ricochet
06-07-2006, 01:14 PM
Man that thing is lookin good. Should be an awesome ride. What are you running for the custom chassis?
I only asked about the headers because they are a fun project but a total labor of love, So if your gonna labor on the headers it might as well be on a bad ass car. And not to many people do it and do it with a style and function.

I have a few guys wanting a tube chassis for a 55-57 like I have under my truck with some C6 stuff. So I'm wondering want the custom stuff looks like.

Thanks

Rodger-

I had Jim Meyer Racing build the chassis. I wanted a full round tube chassis, but he really didn't want to go there. So we agreed on using 2x4 rails & use round tubing on the cross members. We moved the rear suspension up in the car 5" over stock to get the car to sit as low as it is with a 30" tall tire, yet still have 3" of upward travel from ride height. Doing this though meant we also had to move the motor and tranny up 3" as well to keep the driveline angle correct.

There is a guy up this way that build round tube chassis' for tri-fives. He is set up to do it with LS-1 motors & vette suspension. I wanted a big block and with the Vette susp you have to run positive offset wheels. I really did not want to run positve offset wheels. I wanted to deep dish "Hotrod" look so to speak. A sacifice on my part I guess, cause I know the Vette stuff handles awesome. I enclosed a few pics of the my chassis & the round tube chassis. It's a nice piece.

Brent

ironworks
06-07-2006, 04:42 PM
That is one of the best jim meyer chassis's I have seen. I love the look of tube chassis stuff. Rigidity though is an issue. But some design and though can make that happen. the tube chassis you showed is Mike Graham's. I guess he is trying to develop a square tube chassis for tri 5's through the guy who did his original chassis. We have done quite a bit with the corvette stuff in trucks, including C4 and C5-C6. You can narrow the width with some geometry refinements to work on the roll center. I narrowed the width of my C6 stuff under my truck to 60" and bought a custom rack from Woodward.

Well you latest project is lookin good, maybe if we both will finish our projects someday. I'm shooting for SEMA.

nvawgn
06-07-2006, 10:12 PM
http://www.mbusa.com/media/images/main/models/gallery/photo_gallery/m/suv_int_1_main.jpg looking good ricochet, what's the color on the interior gonna look like? if ya don't mind my input i would think a two tone color would be nice, maybe a black with a a black cherry suede and some white stiching

Ricochet
06-07-2006, 10:34 PM
looking good ricochet, what's the color on the interior gonna look like? if ya don't mind my input i would think a two tone color would be nice, maybe a black with a a black cherry suede and some white stiching

I'm always up for input..God knows I can use all the help I can get!! :D WE have a few ideas in the works for the interior. It will be nothing like the 57. Should be pretty cool though..Hopefully?

Ricochet
06-07-2006, 10:38 PM
That is one of the best jim meyer chassis's I have seen. I love the look of tube chassis stuff. Rigidity though is an issue. But some design and though can make that happen. the tube chassis you showed is Mike Graham's. I guess he is trying to develop a square tube chassis for tri 5's through the guy who did his original chassis. We have done quite a bit with the corvette stuff in trucks, including C4 and C5-C6. You can narrow the width with some geometry refinements to work on the roll center. I narrowed the width of my C6 stuff under my truck to 60" and bought a custom rack from Woodward.

Well you latest project is lookin good, maybe if we both will finish our projects someday. I'm shooting for SEMA.

Thanks for kudos Rodger. I'm very happy with the chassis Jim put together for me. Jim is great to work with. I like the fact that he will work with you on building a custom piece. I'm very impressed with the chassis under your truck. AS far as SEMA...I'm not even going to try at this point. I'm going ot keep plugging away & with a little help I think I'll be done sometime next summer.

radrambler
06-17-2006, 08:21 PM
nice to see you and i are back making progress...

keep the pics coming........you know i will

lookin good
radrambler

Ricochet
06-17-2006, 08:39 PM
nice to see you and i are back making progress...

keep the pics coming........you know i will

lookin good
radrambler

Thanks!! Actually feels good making forward progress for once! I worked n the floors today. I'm hoping by the end of the week I'll have floors done from the back seat to the bumper.

Nice to hear you're back on treack as well.

Congrats on the wedding!! Have you guys had the baby yet??

Brent

radrambler
06-20-2006, 05:42 PM
Thanks!! Actually feels good making forward progress for once! I worked n the floors today. I'm hoping by the end of the week I'll have floors done from the back seat to the bumper.

Nice to hear you're back on treack as well.

Congrats on the wedding!! Have you guys had the baby yet??

Brent

thanks ..its great to be working on the rambler again.
THE BABY IS DUE FIST WEEK OF OCTOBER.....Avery is HER name ....YES IM HAVING A GIRL .....help me lord. :lolhit: ....im thrilled ...cant wait till shes here....
ill be posting pics regular......

radrambler

Steve Chryssos
06-20-2006, 06:29 PM
Looks great Brent. I like the square tube/round tube combo better. The all round tube design just looks flimsy. It probably isn't--but it looks that way. Your chassis looks way more purpose built.

Ricochet
06-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Looks great Brent. I like the square tube/round tube combo better. The all round tube design just looks flimsy. It probably isn't--but it looks that way. Your chassis looks way more purpose built.

Thanks Steve. I'm really pleased the way it turned out.

Making some good progress on it now. I'll be posting pics later.

Ricochet
01-02-2007, 12:23 AM
Well I had to dig this thread out of the archives!! Been along time since I have had any updates. Well here are a few new pics. I have the firewall, tranny tunnel, rear floors & trunk done for the most part. I still have to make some side pieces just in front of the tubs and weld in the trunk floor. Once I get the tank dimensions figured out I'll finish that. I'll be pulling the body off to send the chassis out for headers & exhaust in a couple weeks. At that time I'll put the body on the rotiserre and finish up what welding I have to do under it. Then first of Feb I'll mate the body back on the chassis, hang the doors, fenders & start fabbing the motor compartment. I have a solid game plan - just going to take awhile to get it all done. Everything is a learning curve - but I'm having fun!! Feels good again to have forward progress!!

Brent

Ricochet
01-02-2007, 12:25 AM
Here are a few more...

Sales@Dutchboys
01-02-2007, 08:10 AM
Car Looks Great. Cant wait to see more of this Project. :thumbsup:

XcYZ
01-02-2007, 08:22 AM
Looks great, Brent. :woot:

907rs
01-02-2007, 01:11 PM
Progress is good, Brent.

rwhite692
01-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Brent that is really looking nice. This calls for a...

:woot:

Alex396ss
01-02-2007, 01:55 PM
:thumbsup:

Alex

Rybar
01-02-2007, 04:26 PM
The progress looks great Brent, can't wait to see it further along... :thumbsup:

Roger Poirier
01-02-2007, 04:36 PM
Brent, I knew you were into cars, and lots of them. However, when does it stop? My god... some of you people need rest, mental and physical. Another over the top car! This thing is way out of my engineering league. Too Much III?

Loooooooooooooking fabulous. :thumbsup:

R.P.

radrambler
01-02-2007, 04:46 PM
looking good brent

keep the pics coming...........i know we all need more progress pics... :lol:

radrambler

jimhamptons
01-02-2007, 09:04 PM
Looks Great! :thumbsup:

Ricochet
01-03-2007, 12:54 AM
Thanks for the props guys!! Once again it feels good to have forward progress. Seems like it's been forever. I actually got all the recent work done in about 3 weeks. It's amazing what you can when you actually work on it!! :lol: I think I'll be very steady on it from now until it goes in for paint which hopefully will be no later than April... But I'm not holding breath. We'll just have to wait and see. I'll keep throwing updates up when I have them.

Roger..Too Much III??...I wish. That Mr. Parson's is one talented individual. Thanks for the comparison though!! Just like John though. I'm just an average guy doing what he can in his very small garage!! I swear the garage gets smaller by the day. Gets frustrating at times but whatcha gonna do?

Brent

awr68
01-03-2007, 11:30 PM
Garage too small? Perhaps build a Camaro...they're smaller than a tri-5... :lol:

Brent it looks great! I take it you do all the metal work your self? Nice job!!!

Ricochet
01-05-2007, 09:32 AM
Garage too small? Perhaps build a Camaro...they're smaller than a tri-5... :lol:

Brent it looks great! I take it you do all the metal work your self? Nice job!!!

Trust me Anthony. Camaro is next on the chopping block. Going back to my roots. It will be a 68, I think you'll like that!! And, yes I do my own metal work, Thanks. Keep learning alot as I progress through. Hoping by the end of the weekend I'll have the rear trunk floor, firewall, and finish the floors inside as well.

Brent

Ricochet
01-12-2007, 10:55 AM
More progress pics from last weekend. The floors, firewall & trunk are completely welded in. It was nice to get it outside. Been along time since it has seen daylight. Time to hang the doors and fenders so I can start fabbing up the motor compartment. This will take along time to get it done the way I want it. By far will be the most challenging part of the build.

Brent

Garage Dog 65
01-12-2007, 11:20 AM
Hi Brent,

Your work is Top Shelf sir ! Love watching your progress and the quality work.

Looking for a inset firewall like yours for my project. Bitchen product ?

Thanks Man !

Jim

Chaser
01-12-2007, 11:36 AM
If I ever catch you out on the street im gonna kidnap you and lock you in my garage!:evil:

jeff hanson
01-12-2007, 11:49 AM
Looks AWESOME Brent! Can't wait to see it finished. Sema 07 right:unibrow: Keep up the progress and pics. :thumbsup:

Ricochet
01-12-2007, 12:13 PM
Hi Brent,

Your work is Top Shelf sir ! Love watching your progress and the quality work.

Looking for a inset firewall like yours for my project. Bitchen product ?

Thanks Man !

Jim

I bought the firewall from a place back east. The advertise in Street Rodder all the time. I'll get the number for you. I think it was Speed Center ?? Anyways, very nice piece. Made out of 16 gauge. It was like $200.00.

Found the link Jim..here it is http://www.thespeedcenter.net/SpeedCenterHomeFrameSet.htm

Thanks for the props!!

Brent

Ricochet
01-12-2007, 12:17 PM
Looks AWESOME Brent! Can't wait to see it finished. Sema 07 right:unibrow: Keep up the progress and pics. :thumbsup:

If you can finish yours by Autorama, I'll never live it down if I can't make SEMA. :lol: I would kill to be in your position. I have so much fabrication left to do, we'll jus thave to wait and see. With the baby coming in August I know that will slows things down a bit.

Brent

Roger Poirier
01-12-2007, 12:27 PM
With the baby coming in August I know that will slows things down a bit.

Brent

By at least a good 10 - 20 years, ask me how I know? Priorities, priorities. I'm trying hard not to laugh. Sorry....

R.P.

Payton King
01-12-2007, 12:28 PM
Nice craftsmanship! I can only imagine the hours it took just to do the floor and trunk...geez

Garage Dog 65
01-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Found the link Jim..here it is http://www.thespeedcenter.net/SpeedCenterHomeFrameSet.htm

PERFECT - just what I was looking for. Much Thanks !

Ricochet
09-02-2008, 11:50 PM
Well here we are 18 months since the last update. Really had to blow the dust of this thread! Been hard watching it sit but have had quite a few things tossed on my plate as of late. First and for most we had another baby boy 1 year ago, bought a new house 7 months ago (moving - ain't that fun :rolleyes: ), started a new job, and my oldest is now 3. So basically LIFE as we all know itl! Although it has been great and I wouldn't want it any other way I'm glad things have settled down and were ready to get rolling once again!!

My buddy, Jim Ramirez (who painted Malitude for Jody) delivered the car back home yesterday. He took care of most the bodywork. Right now it is all roughed in and ready for 240. He did a killer job IMO. I can't say enough. One of the things I had him do was extend the bodyline from the fender into the door 16". Normally that line stops about 4" shy of the door. I think it really ties it together nicely. Makes it look a little longer and sleeker. We'll as sleek as you make a shoebox look anyways :lol: I also pulled a trick out of Foose's hat and used the Jag door handles he was using on the Camaro's. Once I get done with the motor comp, interior fab work and underside buttoned up, it will go back to him.

Getting it back has no doubt lit a fire under my ass to get rolling on this thing in a big way. Thanks Jim for making my day yesterday!! Hopefully it will not another 18 months before another update!!

Brent

ironworks
09-03-2008, 12:01 AM
Wow that thing is bad ass. I have been trying to talk one of my customers into doing the same thing to the Body line on his 49 caddy. Jim did another amazing job. I will have to add these pics to my 55 chevy library for the 55 drop top we are designing currently.

Keep up the progress.

Rodger

Ricochet
09-03-2008, 12:07 AM
Wow that thing is bad ass. I have been trying to talk one of my customers into doing the same thing to the Body line on his 49 caddy. Jim did another amazing job. I will have to add these pics to my 55 chevy library for the 55 drop top we are designing currently.

Keep up the progress.

Rodger

Thanks Rodger!! Means alot coming from you! Still need to get headers and exhaust done. I have all the parts to build it all. I just can't find anybody local that can do it and get it done in a timely manner. I just know my limits and pick my battles. I may just have to take a road trip down south. I know it's not Nova - but do you think you can work on a 55? :D

Brent

blowngasr
09-03-2008, 12:20 AM
I CALL SHOTGUN....for that road trip:thumbsup:

1955LSX
09-03-2008, 12:34 AM
Looks great Brent! Let me know if you ever need a hand with that thing, I'll drive the 55 across the street & bring some beer! lol :cheers:

Tom.A
09-03-2008, 12:41 AM
Looks killer. Put the windows and engine and drive it...I would!:thumbsup:

ironworks
09-03-2008, 12:49 AM
Thanks Rodger!! Means alot coming from you! Still need to get headers and exhaust done. I have all the parts to build it all. I just can't find anybody local that can do it and get it done in a timely manner. I just know my limits and pick my battles. I may just have to take a road trip down south. I know it's not Nova - but do you think you can work on a 55? :D

Brent

As a matter of fact in sacramento the first weekend of october for the west coast hot rod race. We will be running both the 68 nova and the Turbo car. We usually bring the stacker and my 48ft so I would have room to haul it south. We are hoping to run some 7.50's that weekend with the orange nova.

We could knock that out pretty quick. Are you looking for steel or Stainless? Hopefully stainless...... So let me know. Or if you bring it sooner we could bring it back then. But I would like 3 weeks to do headers and exhaust. But you may not be that ready yet.

I'm working with Sean Smith on a 55 I want to build for a Local guy here in town with a few nice cars. You probably know who it is. I'm looking to section and wedge the car with a retractable hard top like a Volvo or Benz.

Don't worry we work on anything, I just took in a Camaro. Have you ever seen one of those? They are pretty cool. The nova count is down to 4 now. I might be buying me a 68 Camaro just to even out the ratio.

Let me know. Rodger

camcojb
09-03-2008, 01:19 AM

naw, you sit in the back, after all you're just a painter.............. :P You do great work Jim. :thumbsup:

Jody

XcYZ
09-03-2008, 07:24 AM
That car is going to look killer in red. :D

I'm stoked for you, Brent. You've been patient, now it's time to hit it. :cheers:

Ricochet
09-03-2008, 08:47 AM

You got it Jim!! Power Tour here we come....What year has yet to be determined though..:D

Ricochet
09-03-2008, 08:54 AM
That car is going to look killer in red. :D

I'm stoked for you, Brent. You've been patient, now it's time to hit it. :cheers:

Thanks Scott!! It has been hard watching it on the sidelines for so long - but priorites, right? RED...Think Kurt has any left over paint from your car I can have? :D

907rs
09-03-2008, 10:12 AM
Looking good, Brent! :thumbsup:

Ricochet
09-03-2008, 12:44 PM
As a matter of fact in sacramento the first weekend of october for the west coast hot rod race. We will be running both the 68 nova and the Turbo car. We usually bring the stacker and my 48ft so I would have room to haul it south. We are hoping to run some 7.50's that weekend with the orange nova.

We could knock that out pretty quick. Are you looking for steel or Stainless? Hopefully stainless...... So let me know. Or if you bring it sooner we could bring it back then. But I would like 3 weeks to do headers and exhaust. But you may not be that ready yet.

I'm working with Sean Smith on a 55 I want to build for a Local guy here in town with a few nice cars. You probably know who it is. I'm looking to section and wedge the car with a retractable hard top like a Volvo or Benz.

Let me know. Rodger

I don't think I'll quite be ready that early for the exhasut - but we'll see. I'm not doing stainless unfortunately. Pockets aren't that deep. I know who your are talking about in regards to the 55 you are building. Met him and his wife awhile back. Good people. We'll have to hook up at Sacramento.

Thanks-
Brent

ironworks
09-03-2008, 01:01 PM
You will have to come out and look us up at the track at least. The Novas have been running very well. We were a few hundredths from beating the current record, In vegas. We did 3-4 half track wheelies while running
7.62. I would say we have the old nova pretty dialed in right now. Maybe while I'm up there I can take a look at your car. Just keep me posted on how things are progressing with your 55.

Maybe I will have gotten the green light on James 55 by the time we get yours. Every car comes in waves, we have had 5 55 buicks before, 66 novas, 4 55-59 chevy trucks, 4 35-40 fords, 3 model A's, and a few more.

Talk to ya soon

Rodger

awr68
09-03-2008, 05:10 PM
Looks sweet Brent! Love the changes to the body and the stance...well it's spot on!! Congrats on hanging in there while 'life' happens....been there and yes it's hard not to work on the car, but family is more important!! Looks awesome buddy...see ya in Vegas!! :cheers:

Ummgawa
09-03-2008, 06:53 PM
Finally! A Big Ass ride for a Big Ass dude.

Me.

Killer Brent. You da man. Tell your Bro I said Hello.:thumbsup:

Ricochet
09-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Looks sweet Brent! Love the changes to the body and the stance...well it's spot on!! Congrats on hanging in there while 'life' happens....been there and yes it's hard not to work on the car, but family is more important!! Looks awesome buddy...see ya in Vegas!! :cheers:

Thanks Tony! Vegas is going to be awesome - once again!! First round is on me!!

Finally! A Big Ass ride for a Big Ass dude.

Me.

Killer Brent. You da man. Tell your Bro I said Hello.:thumbsup:

Your a funny guy Jim!! In regards to my bro - will do.

radrambler
09-03-2008, 08:37 PM
brent

nice to see ya posting on your car....."LIFE" happened to me also. i know its hard to be on delay status with the car..... :willy:
hope to see more updates ....

radrambler

lil427z
09-03-2008, 08:44 PM
brent ,how those door handles work out. looks great.
rick k:cheers:

RECOVERY ROOM
09-03-2008, 08:48 PM
That looks great,makes me want to keep mine and build it.I'm thinking of putting it up for sale.I like the looks of post cars.Extending the body line back really makes a big difference.

Ricochet
09-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Thanks for props guys!! Much appreciated. As said it's hard - especially seeing the car was suppose to be done 2 years ago. :rolleyes: Thanks again for the lead Rick on the door handles. John was great to deal with.

Brent

rwhite692
09-04-2008, 12:08 AM
How the hell did I miss this thread...Brent that is really looking sweet.

blowngasr
09-04-2008, 02:35 AM
naw, you sit in the back, after all you're just a painter.............. :P You do great work Jim. :thumbsup:

Jody

sure glad the paint fumes killed my feelings,,,they might be hurt:lol: :lol: thanks for the compliment..:)

Ricochet
09-07-2008, 11:46 PM
sure glad the paint fumes killed my feelings,,,they might be hurt:lol: :lol: thanks for the compliment..:)

Like we say at work...Leave your feelings at the door, because they will get hurt!! :lol: Still drooling over it Jim. Thanks again!!

Ricochet
09-08-2008, 12:13 AM
I came across a few pics from about a year ago. I was working on getting the motor compartment fabbed up. The inner wells, radiator cradle, pulley arrangement. Originally I was going with a Vintage Air front runner set up. A very cool compact set up but once the motor was in and I tried laying the radiator back 17 degrees to be parallel with the angle of the inner wells. I could only lay it down 5 degrees before coming in contact with it. I really wanted to keep it on the same plane so I starting searching around for other options. I came Jones Racing Products. They had a cool aggressive cog belt system I had to have. Great people to deal with. After doing some fabbing on the ALT bracket, I was able to run 1 belt for the WP, ALT & PS, and 1 for the AC. I have a second pulley for the crank that will drive the AC which will be mounted down low on the chassis on the pass side. Not much to look at - but it's a little something.
Brent

whytry
09-08-2008, 04:46 PM
Hey Brent!! Car looks awesome! The bodywork looks amazing. I bet you are pretty excited to see it in its current condition. Good luck on the rest of the build. I'll be watching this thread with anticipation...

awr68
09-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Looking killer Brent!! :thumbsup:

Rybar
09-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Looks sick Brent, keep up the great work! :thumbsup:

4OfaKind
09-09-2008, 02:30 PM
Hey Brent what did you do w/ your Front Runner setup? Did you still have it? I may be interested in it if you are not going to use.

Mal

Ricochet
09-09-2008, 11:02 PM
Thanks guys!! Much appreciated. Still buttoning up a few things in the new garage. Finally got all the cabinets done. Thanks Marty for the tip on the cabs. The came out nice. Have all the lighting done as of last weekend. I have a few more electrical circuits to run and then I'll be able to start thrashing on it.

Mal - I sold the front runner set up awhile back off this site. How is your car coming along?

Brent

4OfaKind
09-10-2008, 08:58 AM
Mal - I sold the front runner set up awhile back off this site. How is your car coming along?

Slooooooooow. Like you I have been dealing w/ life.
I am currently having my 2 bolt small block chevy machined so I can begin building it. Once done it will go in along with the 4l80e trans and transfer case to finish the frame fabrication and begin body modification. Easy :rolleyes: The good news is I have all these parts so no waiting or searching required. The bad news is they all will need to be rebuilt to required specs for the car so ALOT of time and money is yet to be spent. :faint: But hey the chase is what makes it all fun.

Mal

Stuart Adams
09-10-2008, 09:50 AM
Awesome looking car. Looking forward to seeing this beauty done.

blowngasr
09-18-2008, 11:57 PM
tic-toc................tic-toc..................tic-toc...............tic-toc.....do you need a AMP.......rockstar. ...STARBUCKS CLOSES AT 11:00.......:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ricochet
09-20-2008, 03:32 PM
tic-toc................tic-toc..................tic-toc...............tic-toc.....do you need a AMP.......rockstar. ...STARBUCKS CLOSES AT 11:00.......:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're killing me Jim!! No work on it this week. I'm in Tahoe with the family on vacation. And for the record - I'm a Monster drinker - blue - sugar free. Trying to watch my girlish figure ya know!! :rofl:

Brent

nvawgn
09-21-2008, 12:22 PM
looks awesome, for some reason that set up is just screaming "kenny bell"

blowngasr
10-28-2008, 12:44 AM
lateral-g to brent................................come in brent................are you out there ???????? status report........do you need help?.......are you ok? did you bump you head..................come in BRENT........captain.....i think we lost him............:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HWY Nova
10-28-2008, 09:39 AM
A set of IRONWORKS headers sure would look great on your project!!!!

--Eric

Nvrenuf
10-28-2008, 03:13 PM
I just reviewed this thread. Wow! You are one patient dude. You may be the polar opposite of me. I can't wait to see this done, but maybe I shouldn't hold my breath:D I was shocked to see 2006 as the first post on the thread. But you know what they say, great things come to those who wait. And without a doubt, you're not cutting corners! Love the extended lines:thumbsup:

ironworks
10-28-2008, 03:17 PM
A set of IRONWORKS headers sure would look great on your project!!!!

--Eric

That to is coming in the near future, after he makes cardboard mock ups for all the parts he wants to build. Plus right now it would throw the Camaro nova balance we have going on into a downward spiral if we brought a tri-5 into the mix.

Rodger

awr68
10-28-2008, 07:56 PM
Come on now! Your truck needs a play mate!! ;)

blowngasr
10-28-2008, 08:38 PM
That to is coming in the near future, after he makes cardboard mock ups for all the parts he wants to build. Plus right now it would throw the Camaro nova balance we have going on into a downward spiral if we brought a tri-5 into the mix.

Rodger

hi rodger......its jim......THATS why there's no updates, its that SPECIAL ORDER CARDBOARD.....:rofl: :rofl: ....................see ya in vegas...jim

Ricochet
10-28-2008, 10:05 PM
lateral-g to brent................................come in brent................are you out there ???????? status report........do you need help?.......are you ok? did you bump you head..................come in BRENT........captain.....i think we lost him..........

Your killing me smalls!!! Yeah I know..Updates are slooooww. As I shared earlier, we bought a new house and typical new home -no power in the garage. They installed 3 outlets in a 4 car garage. :rolleyes: That ain't gonna work. So I have been wroking on getting the garage set up. All the electrical is now done. Installed 12-110 outlets & 2-220 outlets for AC & welder. Cabinets everywhere and alot more lighting. So with all that work done as of last weekend and SEMA next week. If this doesn't get the project rolling again I don't know what will. Althought the first week after SEMA I'll probably be in detox, no thanks to the clowns I'll be hanging with!! :lol:

I just reviewed this thread. Wow! You are one patient dude. You may be the polar opposite of me. I can't wait to see this done, but maybe I shouldn't hold my breath:D I was shocked to see 2006 as the first post on the thread. But you know what they say, great things come to those who wait. And without a doubt, you're not cutting corners! Love the extended lines:thumbsup:

Yeah - don't hold your breath!! Normally not a real patient guy and want it done yesterday - but with new house, babies, work, etc - time is limited unfortunately. But hopefully that will be changing soon.

A set of IRONWORKS headers sure would look great on your project!!!!--Eric

It WILL see a set of their headers as well as a complete exhaust system. While there we plan on doing some more chassis work, mount the fuel tank and a couple minor things. Realistically my guess will be in the spring time. Hopefully sooner - but considering my plan was to have this car done 2 years ago - who knows? :D

Brent

awr68
10-28-2008, 10:10 PM
Don't swet it Brent! Life happens and it will be well worth the wait!! :yes:

Hell this time last year we were making plans of having my car at SEMA '08...I guess it never goes as planned! :lol:

Reckley
10-29-2008, 07:54 PM
Looks great Brent! Can't wait to see more..

Mike

Ricochet
06-03-2009, 02:34 AM
Well here we are again and another 7 months gone by since any updates. Although at a snails crawl we have started once again on making some forward progress. I started working on it a little a few months ago and finally got to a point where I needed to get the headers and exhaust done. I had been in talks with Rodger at Ironworks to get it down there and let them work their magic. We’ll as things always have a tendency to spiral out of control we went from headers and exhaust to doing some chassis mods to stiffen it up a little, build the core support, air intake and fender mounts. Jody, Jim “The Painter” and I took a road trip down there to drop of the car and get a tour of the shop. These guys have some serious talent. It was nice to see the "Nova Brigade" in person. Tyler ’s 50/50 chassis in the making is unbelievable. And of course Rodger’s truck. Man - I have to say it is one the nicest trucks I have ever seen.

Below are a few pics of their work on the 55 thus far. I should have it back in a few weeks. Don't look to closely underneath - I still have quite a bit of clean up to do on the frame where I made provisions for the exhaust. It was one thing I never liked on my 57 was when the exhaust went under the frame then came back up. At certain angles you would see it and I hated it. So this time I supported the topside of the frame and went through it.

Once again I can’t say enough about Ironworks. Their work speaks for it self! Thanks again guys for making it happen! Hopefully this will be what I needed to jump back into things and make the time to finish this forever long project.

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss355/DuPont55/Exhaust/PassHeader.jpg

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss355/DuPont55/Exhaust/CloseupPassheader.jpg

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss355/DuPont55/Exhaust/XPipe.jpg

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss355/DuPont55/Exhaust/RearPasspipe.jpg

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss355/DuPont55/Exhaust/MufflerShot.jpg

More to follow......

camcojb
06-03-2009, 09:41 AM
yes, beautiful work. Hey Brent, I ran into Rodger at the Pleasanton show and he'd like me to ride down with you when you pick the car up, maybe take a look at the tune on his truck. So you'll have some company if you want.

Jody

HWY Nova
06-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Brent,

Looks like you were up late posting this! I saw your car at Ironworks last week....... Looking good!

Feel free to keep posting pics (at whatever time of day you want, but just keep posting).

--Eric

awr68
06-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Great work guys! Brent, good to see the ball rolling once again!! :thumbsup:

ironworks
06-03-2009, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the Props Brent, But I must say for that moderator status, I thought you might be able to get the pics and not just the link. It took me 2 years to finally get a Photobucket account but Your a Big Fancy "Moderator", Guys like me look up to your computer moderating skills.

Thanks again

ccracin
06-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Great work Rodger! Brent, this is the kind of motivation everyone needs. The car looks great. Keep that ball rolling!:lateral:

XcYZ
06-03-2009, 12:25 PM
More please. :D

Ricochet
06-03-2009, 12:26 PM
yes, beautiful work. Hey Brent, I ran into Rodger at the Pleasanton show and he'd like me to ride down with you when you pick the car up, maybe take a look at the tune on his truck. So you'll have some company if you want.

Jody

I can always use a Co-pilot!! Thanks - just don't try to spend any more of my $$ - Got it!! :lol:

Brent,

Looks like you were up late posting this! I saw your car at Ironworks last week....... Looking good!

Feel free to keep posting pics (at whatever time of day you want, but just keep posting).

--Eric

Thanks Eric. Checked out your car as well. Awesome!! I'll be posting more!

Thanks for the Props Brent, But I must say for that moderator status, I thought you might be able to get the pics and not just the link. It took me 2 years to finally get a Photobucket account but Your a Big Fancy "Moderator", Guys like me look up to your computer moderating skills.

Thanks again

Took me awhile to get my photobucket account and learn how to hotlink (thanks Scott!!) or should I say just finally took the time to learn!! It has been fixed Rodger. I'll do you better next time buddy!

rwhite692
06-03-2009, 12:29 PM
Looks great Brent, glad to see you making progress...as Scott said, More pics please!

ironworks
06-03-2009, 12:51 PM
Took me awhile to get my photobucket account and learn how to hotlink (thanks Scott!!) or should I say just finally took the time to learn!! It has been fixed Rodger. I'll do you better next time buddy!

No Problem, I thought they would have covered that in the moderator training course........

Ricochet
06-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Here are a few more pics of what the crew at Ironworks have been doing on the car. I really didn't care for factory fender mounts. They are just so big and bulky looking for what I am was trying to achieve. So I gave them an idea of what I was looking for and and Brycen nailed! The end result exceeded my expectations!

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss355/DuPont55/Motor%20Compartment/FenderMount.jpg

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss355/DuPont55/Motor%20Compartment/FenderMount1.jpg

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss355/DuPont55/Motor%20Compartment/FenderMount2.jpg

Rybar
06-03-2009, 05:50 PM
Awesome news, I was wondering what was going on with your shoebox. Work looks stellar :thumbsup:

Ricochet
06-03-2009, 06:03 PM
For those who have never seen or forgot what the rendering looked like - here is what we are trying to achieve. These renderings were done by a good friend of mine Mike Desmond five years ago when I started this project. As said - been along time coming. As you can probably tell -I'm getting a little excited about this thing finally moving in the right direction......again!!

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss355/DuPont55/Nickelback/55.jpg

Thanks for support!

KlasSic68
06-03-2009, 06:36 PM
^ The renderings look awesome! Love the direction of the build, cant wait to see more.

awr68
06-03-2009, 07:03 PM
It's all in the details and this car is full of them!! Thanks for sharing, Brent!! :thumbsup:

youthpastor
06-03-2009, 08:49 PM
wow Brent- looks awesome, makes me want to build a shoebox!!

awr68
06-03-2009, 09:11 PM
wow Brent- looks awesome, makes me want to build a shoebox!!

And your's made him miss his camaro! :lol:

Stuart Adams
06-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Can't wait to see it done. It will be special.

syborg tt
06-03-2009, 09:48 PM
Brent - I have alway's loved this car. I am so looking forward to seeing this beast on the road.

Actually I am just happy your working on it again

The Rendering of you car is so freaking cool!!!!!!

For those who have never seen or forgot what the rendering looked like - here is what we are trying to achieve. These renderings were done by a good friend of mine Mike Desmond five years ago when I started this project. As said - been along time coming. As you can probably tell -I'm getting a little excited about this thing finally moving in the right direction......again!!

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss355/DuPont55/Nickelback/55.jpg

Thanks for support!

legend
06-04-2009, 04:21 AM
great sketchwork there, I love tri chevys but couldn't find any using the search, could you guys point me to some link?

engine sketch looks amazing, but the console looks quite rugged and as such maybe a little at odds with the original wurlitzer jukebox dash styling

i think the hummer hx nailed the rugged jukebox look really well, apologies if it sounds like i'm being negative, the car looks awesome :thumbsup:

http://image.motortrend.com/f/auto-shows/hummer-hx-concept-details-released-early/8167321+w700+cr1+re0+ar1/hummer-hx-concept-interior.jpg

big image (http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2008/ghij/2008-Hummer-HX-Concept-Console-1280x960.jpg)

blowngasr
06-04-2009, 09:53 AM
Here are a few more pics of what the crew at Ironworks have been doing on the car. I really didn't care for factory fender mounts. They are just so big and bulky looking for what I am was trying to achieve. So I gave them an idea of what I was looking for and and Brycen nailed! The end result exceeded my expectations!

HOOOOLEEEEEEEEEE COW BATMAN......is it? could it beeeee...? is it brent, tune in next week....same fab channel.. for more metal bending suspense..........on ricochet.......:willy: :willy: :willy:
sorry brent, just could'nt help myself..i almost fell out of my chair when i seen your post..:D

Ricochet
06-04-2009, 11:25 AM
And your's made him miss his camaro! :lol:

True story right there Anthony!:yes:

great sketchwork there, I love tri chevys but couldn't find any using the search, could you guys point me to some link?

engine sketch looks amazing, but the console looks quite rugged and as such maybe a little at odds with the original wurlitzer jukebox dash styling

i think the hummer hx nailed the rugged jukebox look really well, apologies if it sounds like i'm being negative, the car looks awesome :thumbsup:

http://image.motortrend.com/f/auto-shows/hummer-hx-concept-details-released-early/8167321+w700+cr1+re0+ar1/hummer-hx-concept-interior.jpg

big image (http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2008/ghij/2008-Hummer-HX-Concept-Console-1280x960.jpg)

No worries!! No negativity taken!! One thing the rendering doesn't show is the dash - or lack of for a better term. The original dash is long gone. We have a complete custom dash in the works and will share more once we get closer and fitted in the car. The console will not be 100% of the rendering but it will be extremely close. I think it will all blend nicely together.

Ricochet
06-04-2009, 11:27 AM
HOOOOLEEEEEEEEEE COW BATMAN......is it? could it beeeee...? is it brent, tune in next week....same fab channel.. for more metal bending suspense..........on ricochet.......:willy: :willy: :willy:
sorry brent, just could'nt help myself..i almost fell out of my chair when i seen your post..:D

You have been sniffing way to many paint fumes, my friend! Don't you have a blue Camaro that needs sanding and polishing or something! :lol:

fleetus macmullitz
06-05-2009, 04:50 PM

That interior is awesome..a lot of ideas could be pulled from it. That big image is... :thumbsup:

I have hundreds of tri five pics here. A few are photoshopped.

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/wnyjazz/Badd55%20big%20pics/?start=all

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/wnyjazz/55%20Chevys/?start=all

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/wnyjazz/56%20Chevys/

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/wnyjazz/1957%20Chevy/

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/wnyjazz/57%20Chevy%20in%20focus/

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/wnyjazz/Tri-Five%20Chevys/

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/wnyjazz/Project%2055%20Gassersolo/

Reckley
06-07-2009, 08:08 PM
Awesome work Brent. Love the detail.:thumbsup:

The Chassis and exhaust look amazing. I really like how you have the mufflers in the back. I've always wanted to do that.

Keep the pics coming.

Mike

customcam
06-07-2009, 08:59 PM
looks familiar that routing of the exhaust, trying to figure out were iv seen it before :thumbsup:

legend
06-08-2009, 10:50 AM
That interior is awesome..a lot of ideas could be pulled from it. That big image is... :thumbsup:

I have hundreds of tri five pics here. A few are photoshopped.

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/wnyjazz/Badd55%20big%20pics/?start=all

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/wnyjazz/55%20Chevys/?start=all

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/wnyjazz/56%20Chevys/

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/wnyjazz/1957%20Chevy/

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/wnyjazz/57%20Chevy%20in%20focus/

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/wnyjazz/Tri-Five%20Chevys/

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/wnyjazz/Project%2055%20Gassersolo/

guy i used to work with is/was one of their designers, some of the work on that concept car is amazing :thumbsup:

Ricochet
06-09-2009, 05:21 PM

The more and more I look at this the more I like it! :thumbsup: Has me thinking! We'll see once I get it back!

syborg tt
06-09-2009, 10:07 PM
The more and more I look at this the more I like it! :thumbsup: Has me thinking! We'll see once I get it back!

I've got a shop that can cut it if you can get me drawings.

ironworks
06-09-2009, 10:59 PM
So can we and the car is already at my shop....:D

Ricochet
06-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Just not sure if my wallet can keep up!! :_paranoid

We'll Ironworks has still been plugging on away on the car. We had some issues do to rack and pinion location so building the driver side header was on hold until that was cleared up. That has been figured out now so they just finshed everything up. Exhaust done - time to move on to the motor compartment!! :thumbsup:

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss355/DuPont55/Exhaust/DriverHeader2.jpg

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss355/DuPont55/Exhaust/DriversHeader1.jpg

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss355/DuPont55/Exhaust/DriversHeader.jpg

syborg tt
06-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Nice - I am really starting to like that little shop called Iron Works.

ironworks
06-10-2009, 12:00 PM
Thanks, You should see what we can do with Novas and Farm trucks..

Roadster Shop
06-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Just found this thread and checked out the progress.... nice project. The renderings are sick! It is rare to see a non "Show Car" build on a Tri-5. It is a great looking car and should turn a lot of heads. Headers and exhaust look top notch too!

Ricochet
06-10-2009, 12:54 PM
Nice - I am really starting to like that little shop called Iron Works.

Yeah - they do ok work for the most part!! :rofl:

Just found this thread and checked out the progress.... nice project. The renderings are sick! It is rare to see a non "Show Car" build on a Tri-5. It is a great looking car and should turn a lot of heads. Headers and exhaust look top notch too!

Thanks!! Much appreciated especially coming from you guys. This is just a simple "home built" build with a few extra touches. So far accomplishing what I set out to do - just taking forever! But then again most of us are feeling that pain!! :lol:

In regards to the renderings - Mike Desmond (http://www.wargasser.com/) does killer work. He has been on the down low the past few years branching out in many other areas - but is coming back out in the mix. He did some other renderings for me that really pushed the envelope. I wish I had the talent and money to pull off his ideas.

Kendall Burleson
06-10-2009, 10:10 PM
The Car look killer your welding is getting better.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ricochet
08-01-2009, 01:19 AM
We'll Rodger and boys are still plugging away on the car. Now that the exhaust is all done we have moved forward to the air intake. Below is the renderinrg Mike Desmond did for me. As reality set in and really started to shape up we had to a couple audibles and changed a few things from the original rendering. We had to run it a little wider to accomdate the air cleaner and we decided to run it up the the firewall and cover the throttle body, TPS sensor and all the wiring etc. We'll see as she gets closer - but I like the way it is shaping up.

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss355/DuPont55/Nickelback/RAID2.jpg

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss355/DuPont55/Rodger1.jpg

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss355/DuPont55/Rodger0.jpg

Ricochet
08-01-2009, 01:30 AM
Here are a few more. One of my main concerns was I did not want a "Motor Cover" or look "Street Roddish" - nothing against - just not what I was wanting. So far I think we are acheiving our goal. To give it a more Industrial look I'm thiinking of using exposed hardware on top kinda of like the bolts on the on the intake but carry them down to the bottom near the grill area. Also it will be 2 toned. First part body color, satin clear & roll into Nickel as it gets to the intake to match the nickel intake, valve covers and other accessories. We'll see as it comes together.

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss355/DuPont55/Rodger01.jpg

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss355/DuPont55/Rodger00.jpg

awr68
08-01-2009, 02:08 AM
Looking real good guys! That's one trick car Brent!! :thumbsup:

waynieZ
08-01-2009, 04:43 AM
That looks sweet !

nvr2fst
08-01-2009, 09:14 AM
Whoa! Now that is going to look pretty trick

HWY Nova
08-01-2009, 02:24 PM
Looking good Brent..... I mean Mr. Ricochet!!

--Eric

Ricochet
08-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Looking good Brent..... I mean Mr. Ricochet!!

--Eric

Mr. Ricochet? That's almost as bad as being called Sir? Makes me feel old...LOL!!

awr68
08-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Mr. Ricochet? That's almost as bad as being called Sir? Makes me feel old...LOL!!

Yeah, I still hate that! Being called SIR at a drive up window as I grab a burger....I'm just not ready for that!! :lol:

fleetus macmullitz
08-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Most owners of '55 Shivy's get senior citizen discounts on their bacon burger dawgs...

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

:unibrow:

Vegas69
08-01-2009, 04:44 PM
Classy as hell....what in the world are you doing with a big block chevy under the hood? You have to go LSX dude.:unibrow:

Ricochet
08-02-2009, 03:24 AM
Most owners of '55 Shivy's get senior citizen discounts on their bacon burger dawgs...

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

:unibrow:

LOL!!

Classy as hell....what in the world are you doing with a big block chevy under the hood? You have to go LSX dude.:unibrow:

I know..I know...Something about those big valve covers though! Trust me though I have thought about it many of times - but I'm already so buried in this combo it's difficult to pull out now. Next car wil be an LSX of some sort!

Vegas69
08-02-2009, 10:13 AM
I was kidding!

Reckley
08-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Very nice work Brent!! Keep the updates coming.. I like what your doing with the intake.:thumbsup:

Mike

fleetus macmullitz
08-02-2009, 10:52 AM
This is how the 'BBC' broadcasts in the U.S. of A. :cool:

_PsY2W_KiyA

Looking forward to hearing Brents...

tones2SS
08-02-2009, 12:03 PM
LOL!!

I know..I know...Something about those big valve covers though! Trust me though I have thought about it many of times - but I'm already so buried in this combo it's difficult to pull out now. Next car wil be an LSX of some sort!

Nothing wrong with a BBC! lol
Project looks good. I am impressed with the header fabrication. Looks good.:thumbsup: :cheers:

Ricochet
08-02-2009, 05:04 PM
Thanks everybody!! Pretty stoked the way it is coming out. In regards to BBC - I wouldn't do it any other way with this car. Just amazing the power they get out of the LSX motors - not to mention the weight savings! Something about the sound of a ratty big block that is unmistakable. You now all about that Todd! I still remeber when you pulled up at Lat G party a couple years ago. You car sounds killer!

The fab work on the headers is second to none - but I can't take any credit for that - I just wrote the check!! :lol: The boys at Ironworks get the props! :thumbsup:

texas56
08-03-2009, 08:36 AM
WOW :hail:

tones2SS
08-03-2009, 01:52 PM
Thanks everybody!! Pretty stoked the way it is coming out. In regards to BBC - I wouldn't do it any other way with this car. Just amazing the power they get out of the LSX motors - not to mention the weight savings! Something about the sound of a ratty big block that is unmistakable. You now all about that Todd! I still remeber when you pulled up at Lat G party a couple years ago. You car sounds killer!

The fab work on the headers is second to none - but I can't take any credit for that - I just wrote the check!! :lol: The boys at Ironworks get the props! :thumbsup:

You said it about the BBC - sound is second to NONE!!! lol Maybe one of the reasons I love Todd's car so much!
But LSx engines are really nice as well. (I have a stock LS1 now.) IRONWORKS did a KILLER job with those headers. WOW!!:thumbsup: :cheers:
Will be following the thread.:thumbsup:

rwhite692
08-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Brent - Just getting caught up with your pics...looks really nice!!

nvr2fst
08-03-2009, 10:32 PM
Brent
If you follow through with the interior sketches as you did with the motor sketches this will be on the top of my list for 55s (subscribed)
dave

Musclerodz
08-03-2009, 10:47 PM
Rodger, do you have a Pullmax or did you use something else to make the reveal on the intake cover? Looking good

ironworks
08-03-2009, 11:04 PM
Yes I have a Pullmax, But we made that line on the bead roller. It takes to long to make the die to do that on the Pullmax.

Tom.A
08-03-2009, 11:32 PM
Lookin sharp guy's. :bow:

Ricochet
08-03-2009, 11:39 PM
Thanks again everybody for the props! Throw's a little more fuel on the fire to get this thing done!

Brent
If you follow through with the interior sketches as you did with the motor sketches this will be on the top of my list for 55s (subscribed)
dave

Thanks Dave. All plans at this point are leaning to execute Desmond's rendering as possible for the interior.

BTW - Your Camaro is going to be insane! :thumbsup:

fleetus macmullitz
08-04-2009, 12:28 AM
The fab work on the headers is second to none - but I can't take any credit for that - I just wrote the check!! :lol:

When all is said and done you could call it 'Nickeleft'. :D

waynieZ
08-04-2009, 12:35 AM
:lol:

Ricochet
08-04-2009, 12:46 AM
We'll here are few more pics of where we are today. Other than Rodger and I agreed to change up the front and get rid of the bull nose and make it more hard like the rendering - it is done. They did a killer job. Like the way they rounded all the egdes. Really gives it a finished look! In the rendering it has an opening for the hood latch which we will not have. Once the package starting together with the Radiator, A/C condensor etc I ran out of room to support the middle section of the latch area. Minor hurdle IMO. My thoughts right now are to run some reverse pins that mount on the bottom of the hood that that will drop through the main support and pin through the grill opening. We'll see - have to do some brain storming.

Thoughts?

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss355/DuPont55/Rodger02.jpg

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss355/DuPont55/Rodger04.jpg

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss355/DuPont55/Rodger06.jpg

The bottom edge of intake below the throttle body is raw at this time. It will have to be cleared for the radiator hose then it will all be trimmed up, arched and radiused like the top.

fleetus macmullitz
08-04-2009, 01:05 AM
Very nice work, that has got to feel good seeing how it came out.

I just went back and looked at Ricochet's underhood pics.

Bodes well for the '55 engine compartment when finished.

camaro2nv
08-04-2009, 01:38 AM
Freakin awesome!!

zbugger
08-04-2009, 01:55 AM
Brent, the intake looks really good. As for the hood latch, have you taken a look at the Mule? It's got a latch at each front corner of the hood. Maybe it could work for you?

ironworks
08-04-2009, 08:40 AM
You should see The cover without the flipper the dolphin nose.

THEY CALL HIM FLIPPER.....FLIPPER ECK ECK ECK ECK ECK.....

I guess I will have to send you some pics

tones2SS
08-04-2009, 10:07 AM
Damn. That is some work there!!:hail:

Ricochet
08-04-2009, 10:12 AM
When all is said and done you could call it 'Nickeleft'. :D

Now that's funny, Skip!! But also sum's up the check book as of now! I need to save up some more nickel's (pun intended) to finish it up.

Brent, the intake looks really good. As for the hood latch, have you taken a look at the Mule? It's got a latch at each front corner of the hood. Maybe it could work for you?

I have seen those. If I remember right they are VW style latches. I ran one on the 57. Just may be the way to go. Once I get it back home this weekend I'll start thinking about options.

fleetus macmullitz
08-04-2009, 05:32 PM
Now that's funny, Skip!! But also sum's up the check book as of now! I need to save up some more nickel's (pun intended) to finish it up.

Brent, it may nickel and dime 'ya the rest of the way (pun intended part deux)...but based on the buzz the car is creating so far, 9 months after Nickelback is finished watch out for some '55 Shivy newborns showing up here... :unibrow:

Vegas69
08-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Looks awesome.:thumbsup: I wish I had the money to cover up a hogan intake. :rofl:

eqt555
08-04-2009, 10:23 PM
Holy Crap!! You left a post on my car so out of curiosity I came to look at what you had going. Thats out of this world wicked! The intake, fender braces, exhaust, renderings, etc... Un-freakin-real!! I can sorta imagine how bad you're bleeding financially, but only sorta! Someone earlier said it right, When all is said and done you could call it 'Nickeleft'.:thumbsup: