PDA

View Full Version : Fuel tank help....

T6Lark
04-11-2007, 07:27 PM
I'm in the middle of a project that is my first attempt at an EFI car. It is a 65 Buick Skylark with an 87 Grand National engine. I need some advice as to which fuel tank/pump to go with. I want to do things right with no cavitation or fuel starvation issues, but it will be great if I could avoid spending $1300 on a custom tank with a built in pump.

I'd love to hear some opinions on what my options are.

Thanks.
-Rich

ProTouring442
04-11-2007, 08:02 PM
I'm in the middle of a project that is my first attempt at an EFI car. It is a 65 Buick Skylark with an 87 Grand National engine. I need some advice as to which fuel tank/pump to go with. I want to do things right with no cavitation or fuel starvation issues, but it will be great if I could avoid spending $1300 on a custom tank with a built in pump.

I'd love to hear some opinions on what my options are.

Thanks.
-Rich

Do a little searching here or on Pro-Touring, for a Camaro with a late model RWD Impala tank. Looks pretty doable in any of the rear tank cars I think.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
'72 442 "Inamorata"
www.FQuick.com/ProTouring442

T6Lark
04-14-2007, 07:42 AM
I'll do some measuring, but it looks like that one would be very visible below the bumper. The 64-65 a-body tanks are only about 6 3/4" deep.

Does anyone have any experience good or bad with weld-in sumps like the one from Aeromotive or Competition Engineering on fuel injected cars?

-Rich