PDA

View Full Version : Any new progress on the Banks' Camaro?

Musclerodz
04-12-2005, 10:52 PM
I have not asked in a while. Waiting to see what cool thing they do next.

Mike

jonny51
04-13-2005, 12:03 AM
I thought they put that car on hold for right now,atleast I thought I heard that.

907rs
04-13-2005, 12:19 AM
I thought they put that car on hold for right now,atleast I thought I heard that.

Jon, you're thinking too much. :rolleyes:

slow4dr
04-13-2005, 09:58 AM
No news as of late. The car has been moved to a shop behind our main Race Shop where Rick Lefever spends all his time.

Gale has taken on a joint venture with Bosch and will be tied up trying to finish it. http://bankspower.com/DmaxTypeR.cfm

I have been taking some video of the shop lately. I plan to give a VIRTUAL tour of the shop for you guys that love high performance as much as I do.

:thumbsup:

Musclerodz
04-13-2005, 01:31 PM
That is definitely a wild looking project. I would be laughing my a$$ off if I saw a truck fly by the Porshe's and Corvette's it was competing against.

Mike

slow4dr
04-13-2005, 01:35 PM
That is definitely a wild looking project. I would be laughing my a$$ off if I saw a truck fly by the Porshe's and Corvette's it was competing against.

Mike

And a diesel truck at that. :)

slow4dr
05-11-2005, 12:09 PM
Not really an update on the Camaro but I just learned that LeFever hasn't worked here for a few months. I am guessing that isn't good news for the Camaro.

Sorry fellas! I am still working on the virtual tour though. :)

XcYZ
05-11-2005, 12:36 PM
Jason, you should have Gale stop by here and see how popular his products and how much we'd love to see a few new pics. I'll even host them for you guys. :cool: I know it would be great publicity for Banks.

How am I doing with the sales pitch? :D

slow4dr
05-12-2005, 09:22 AM
Jason, you should have Gale stop by here and see how popular his products and how much we'd love to see a few new pics. I'll even host them for you guys. :cool: I know it would be great publicity for Banks.

He's seen it and loves it. Colin, Gale's son and sales manager has also been in here. They like what you've done with the place. I have a few minutes of video on tape I just need to put something together. I will take some pics as well because the Race Shop has new goodies in it everyday. The newest purchase was a set of Intro billet wheels and 29X18X18 tires.

XcYZ
05-12-2005, 12:41 PM
Very cool. :thumbsup:

kel
06-30-2005, 10:26 PM
And a diesel truck at that. :)

And a Cummins diesel at that!! :unibrow:

:yes: <====says Kel who just so happens to work for Cummins.

race-rodz
07-01-2005, 02:44 AM
hmmmmm... i think he was refering to the duramax powered road racer.... not the dakota.

either way.... the thought of a truck passing a high end sports car...while puking black smoke out the tail pipe makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

slow4dr
07-01-2005, 10:25 AM
And a Cummins diesel at that!! :unibrow:

i think he was refering to the duramax powered road racer.... not the dakota.

:thumbsup:

http://bankspower.com/DmaxTypeR-pages/TypeR-render1lrg.jpg

DCreations
08-20-2005, 03:56 PM
Any pics of the Sidewinder D-Max Type-R that have not been posted on the banks site? that truck looks killer with that body kit!!! :D

slow4dr
08-22-2005, 03:09 PM
Any pics of the Sidewinder D-Max Type-R that have not been posted on the banks site? that truck looks killer with that body kit!!! :D

They are pretty tight lipped about it right now. They were doing a photo shoot last week so I am waiting to see when they release the pics. ;)

DCreations
08-22-2005, 03:44 PM
Cool :thumbsup:

*rayman*
12-14-2005, 04:17 PM
I wanna see an update on the camaro.....!!!

TravisB
12-14-2005, 05:14 PM
me too I posted about in the open disscusion last week to no avail.....where is the car what is the plan to finish it?

slow4dr
12-15-2005, 09:04 AM
The car is still in the other building and it hasn't been touched. The race shop is very busy with the Duramax race program and updating the SBC Twin Turbo system.(more info to come soon) Sorry to disappoint but I don't forsee the Camaro being finished let alone worked on in the next few years.

DCreations
12-15-2005, 10:08 AM
Damn that is sad :(

rwhite692
12-16-2005, 06:34 PM
....very busy with the Duramax race program and updating the SBC Twin Turbo system.(more info to come soon)....

I have the SBC TT system so...MORE INFO on the upgrades/changes PLEASE!!!

slow4dr
12-19-2005, 09:56 AM
I have the SBC TT system so...MORE INFO on the upgrades/changes PLEASE!!!

We have changed to the Tial 44mm waste gates with a v-band discharge. I will start a new thread once it becomes offiicial and we are ready to start shipping them.

BonzoHansen
01-26-2006, 10:09 AM

Indeed. My 1982 T/A had a Banks Power Pack 3” cat-back exhaust in it (it was actually manifold back, less cat, IRRC). I think they were 1st to market with a system like that. Best sounding exhaust I ever owned, it fit like a glove, and lasted almost 9 years of mostly daily northeast driving. And way back when I bought it in ’88 or early ‘89, their tech guys were very helpful, even describing how I would have to modify the r/h manifold pipe because my car did not have an EFE valve (CFI).

After reading this, I just thought I’d throw my $.02 in. Back to lurking….

anjar
01-26-2006, 11:17 AM
hey jason just saw mccoys nova in the new super chevy on page 110

slow4dr
01-26-2006, 04:58 PM
hey jason just saw mccoys nova in the new super chevy on page 110

:thumbsup: Awesome! I will have to go pick it up tonight. Congrats to Dave & company. :yes:

Leadfoot1
04-04-2006, 09:41 PM
[/QUOTE]Sorry to disappoint but I don't forsee the Camaro being finished let alone worked on in the next few years.[/QUOTE]

Next few YEARS!!!!

OK...Let me go get my checkbook. (It would save me many hours of work on my pile of junk :rolleyes: )

How about we ALL drop by this week-end and finish it????

GREAT car.

Lead.

Leadfoot1
06-26-2012, 09:00 AM
Woww....

My last post dates of '06 about this Camaro and i get up this morning still thinking about it lol!!!

I lost the pictures i had of it does anyone have any?? I got a 67 project recently and would like some inspiration from this car. I always loved it even tough its not gotten done...

Thanks!

Lead.

slow4dr
06-28-2012, 11:04 AM
Woww....

My last post dates of '06 about this Camaro and i get up this morning still thinking about it lol!!!

I lost the pictures i had of it does anyone have any?? I got a 67 project recently and would like some inspiration from this car. I always loved it even tough its not gotten done...

Thanks!

Lead.

Dead thread was dead....LOL

This car surely has an inch of dust on it tucked away somewhere in a hidden warehouse. I talked to Lefever a few months back and he hadn't heard anything about it.

-J