PDA

View Full Version : changing from carb to tpi?

fennerford
02-10-2007, 01:20 PM
i have a 79 small block chevy would it be possible to change from my 2 barrel intake to a tpi system from an 80's corvette or camaro? what would i all need to do it and wut work would it take?

fennerford
02-10-2007, 03:05 PM
and what sensors will i all need?

speedshopmike
02-23-2007, 11:42 PM
sure you can.
in general, you'll need a whole new hi-psi fuel system, with a return line to the gas tank and a bypass regulator, hi-psi fuel pump.
the computer and harnesses.
stock sensors for temp, map, etc.
the intake, fuel rails, TB, and injectors.
if interested, i'm seeling a polished tpi with upgrade lucas injectors and a TB for pretty cheap.
painless wiring sells a nice stand-along wire harness to do this swap.
many ways to do the fuel system.

deuce_454
02-24-2007, 06:25 AM
ive read this thread mabe 15 times and started wrinting an answer 14.. but the problem is that the obvious answer.. get a junkyard setup, complete with harness, sensors, manifold and injectors, while the cheapest route, it just insnt somthing id advice... first of all because it will only be optimal on a non tuned engine, if you have done, or are planning any mods naturally aspirated... stick to the carb.. the gains by switching to efi arent big enough to warrant the cost.. unless.. you have bigger plans, supercharger, turbos.. or big NA. horsepower and idle+mileage..

so to answer your question with more questions, what dirrection are you going with car.. what is you HP goal, how do you intend to get there, what is the primary use of the car, what is your budget???