PDA

View Full Version : Motor Input

PhilM
01-21-2007, 08:37 PM
If you had your choice, what would you do?

A BBC with a blower or a LSX with a blower? And why?

I have both. just trying to make a perminate decision. Not looking for peak potential just cool factor or ???

Thanks.

Sales@Dutchboys
01-21-2007, 08:40 PM
Will the blower be popping threw the hood?

camcojb
01-21-2007, 08:44 PM
LSX is more current and would likely be more highly valued if you sold. Will also get better mileage, and definitely weighs less, helping handling and e.t.

Jody

PhilM
01-21-2007, 08:51 PM
Both of the blowers are centrifical. One a procharger and pne a Vortech YSI. No pokey out of the hood.

Im keeping this dude for a long time. I gave my second gen camaro to my son so we are building a cream puff 283 or something. So now I have a lot of spare motors.

Sales@Dutchboys
01-21-2007, 08:53 PM
i like the lsx package myself . that seems to be "in" right now.

JayR
01-21-2007, 08:56 PM
I'm with Jody, especially if the BBC has a roots blower through the hood. Unless the car is in the 7s, I don't want to see a blower!

What kind of car/theme/purpose is it anyways, because that has some bearing on things too.

Sorry Phil, I really read all the posts but you answered my questions while I was typing them. Derrrrr

Mizfit
01-21-2007, 09:02 PM
LSX all the way!!!
We did it and we are talking to others here on this site that are moving this direction. Lots of options and plenty of power to made:thumbsup:

71Nova
01-22-2007, 01:56 PM
the big block will slow you down in the corners and the lsx will speed you up in the corners. Thats all that I need to know. You also have the advantages of fuel mileage, throttle responce, modern reliability, tuneability, and the fact that lsx's are more popular now so your car should be worth more with one.

Mizfit
01-22-2007, 02:47 PM
71nova - you read my mind...All great points and very valid.:yes: