PDA

View Full Version : Coil on Plug aftermarket systems?

Slick
10-30-2006, 05:07 PM
I'm planning my distibutor/spark situation...it's for a TT 302 with an Accel DFI fuel injection kit. Easiest thing is just use a dual sync distributor...problem is they are to high, even the "small" caps...so I'm looking for options. I can put crank trigger on the front....but I still need a distributor and a sync for the DFI system....I talked to DFI tech support... he was talking about using a crank trigger, a ford plug to go in the distributor sport (forget the name he used, but it's a ford part number) and instead of a dist. use a coil on plug system from say a 98 or 99 mustang on the4.6l...got my attention with that...after 5 minutes of me asking questions about his setup I ask if there is any aftermarket coil on plug kits and he says they are coming out with one in the spring....why didn't you say that sooner!!! :) I did some internet searching and didn't see any around...anyone know of any coil on plug aftermarket systems? Opinions?

Thanks!!

ohcbird
10-31-2006, 10:49 PM
I'll be running one of thier COP systems on my six, as It's a natural COP engine. Who did you speak to there?

You might look at the 4.6 stuff- there are guys making adapter kits- esp for 4/6/8 combos.

Slick
10-31-2006, 11:37 PM
I spoke to an Eli (spelling?), nice guy, seemed to know his stuff. Do you have any info on the kit or have a contact there who does? All I have is the tease he gave me that it's coming out in the spring :)

kfcobra
02-25-2007, 07:31 PM
Slick,

Have you done anything related to your previous question on this thread? I have been doing the same thing for quite a while and lets see what you decided to do. I am building a tt 351 in a cobra replica.

Kevin