PDA

View Full Version : ProCharger Accessory Drive

mike23109
10-28-2006, 10:33 AM
I've got a P1-SC on my 383 1970 Chevelle. The accessory drive (water pump, A/C, and alternator) are driven by a V belt. I've already ripped a couple of these apart. When I called ATI they said they were not aware of any problems with their set up (yeah, right!). I want to convert to a ribbed belt but the crankshaft pully is my problem. I saw a recent website, comcast.net/~procharged69. I have an almost identical setup on my car. I've seen responses to some of the posts in this forum from the builder of that car and like what you did on your conversion. Your website listed the steps you did for your conversion. However, it did not list any details on the spacer you fabricated. Is it possible to obtain the specs so I can construct one for myself? Any help would be much appreciated.

camcojb
10-28-2006, 08:04 PM
He's at Thunderhill today playing with some fast Fords. You can PM him, goes by blown353 on this site.

Jody

AllSpeedAndy
12-02-2006, 07:47 PM
We have had some trouble with the alignment of accessory v-drive pulleys aswell. With the same sbc P1-SC kit, every one had the water pump pulley spacing wrong...we installed a 1/8'' thick spacer behind that pulley to allign it and belt shreading troubles went away. May not be your prob. but ya might take a look. But does sound like an allignment problem possibly.

Andy

mike23109
12-03-2006, 07:53 AM
Thanks Andy.