PDA

View Full Version : Cool article on Kurt Urban's Nova in the latest Hot Rod

XcYZ
09-14-2006, 10:13 PM
Definitely a good story, it's a seriously fast car... but Jody, could you have found a rougher car for him to start with? :lol:

Rick Dorion
09-15-2006, 07:04 AM
Very cool. Makes me feel better about my sheetmetal!

camcojb
09-15-2006, 09:33 AM
Definitely a good story, it's a seriously fast car... but Jody, could you have found a rougher car for him to start with? :lol:

Hey, it's getting hard to find original paint cars that old anymore; I thought it was pretty clean considering it was sitting in a neighbors field.

Jody

XcYZ
09-15-2006, 09:38 AM
Wait until you see the creative lighting they used for the 2 page lead in to the story. :yes:

astroracer
09-15-2006, 12:24 PM
Yes, very cool article but what floored me was the fact that W2W took the time to make the car a right hand drive while they were doing the sub & chassis work... :unibrow:
Mark

67Sally
09-16-2006, 09:09 AM
It was a great read. awsome car.
W.

Jr
09-16-2006, 10:58 AM
Scott,
What is on the cover of this hotrod?

3kidsnotime
09-16-2006, 01:22 PM
Cool car and great fab work :thumbsup: Looks like a plumbing nightmare :bow:

GBodyGMachine
09-17-2006, 02:03 PM
Very nice car. I have seen Him on Telegraph a few times and at milan dragway. I have tried to talk to him about it but he always ignores me, or closes the hood when I try to look under it.
JEff

clill
09-17-2006, 11:40 PM
Very nice car. I have seen Him on Telegraph a few times and at milan dragway. I have tried to talk to him about it but he always ignores me, or closes the hood when I try to look under it.
JEff

That doesn't sound like Kurt. Have you done something to piss him off ? LOL.. He had the hood open throughout Power Tour and was talking to everybody about it.

T Bell
09-18-2006, 09:41 AM
JEff

are you drooling too much when you come over? Or do you have tools in hand?

GBodyGMachine
09-18-2006, 04:27 PM
are you drooling too much when you come over? Or do you have tools in hand?

May have been the drool factor. But He was just very blunt with me. I had a bunch of questions, someone may have pissed him off before I got to him.

JEff

camcojb
09-18-2006, 06:13 PM
May have been the drool factor. But He was just very blunt with me. I had a bunch of questions, someone may have pissed him off before I got to him.

JEff

I would guess that's it, because Kurt is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. Very easy to talk to.

Jody

jonny51
09-18-2006, 07:01 PM
I would guess that's it, because Kurt is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. Very easy to talk to.

Jody

Yeah,he is a nice guy and easy to talk to.

09-19-2006, 02:37 PM
We will have the car at Milan this weekend for you to see. If the hood is down, grab the latch and open it!!
Just got back from Dragweek on Saturday. We won small block power adder class with a 9.30 et average and a 148mph average. The car now has another 1600 miles on it!

KurtMay have been the drool factor. But He was just very blunt with me. I had a bunch of questions, someone may have pissed him off before I got to him.

JEff

Speedster
09-19-2006, 04:00 PM
We will have the car at Milan this weekend for you to see. If the hood is down, grab the latch and open it!!
Just got back from Dragweek on Saturday. We won small block power adder class with a 9.30 et average and a 148mph average. The car now has another 1600 miles on it!
Kurt

Awesome job Kurt !!

How much boost were you running ? Must be getting some decent 60 foot times. That video I saw at Gainesville of the full track burnout was just too funny...

GBodyGMachine
09-19-2006, 05:26 PM

Kurt

Ok, when you see a young guy slobbering on your hood trying to figure out how to open it, that'll be me. I would love to talk to you if you have a few minutes this weekend. Name is Jeff, Ill be there all weekend.
Jeff

09-20-2006, 08:21 AM
The boost is around 20psi at the finishline with sixty foot times in the mid 1.4's. My best sixty was 1.38 at my home track.

G-body, I will be at Milan all weekend racing a yellow 4th gen Camaro. The Nova will be pitted with me. We can talk as long as I'm not working on a car (I try not too!!).

Kurt

rwhite692
11-18-2011, 11:57 AM
Hey Jody and Kurt did you see this in the Jan '12 HRM? ...Was great to see that the current owner is having fun with it

SuperSport
01-04-2012, 02:18 PM
Here's one I just picked up. I am going somewhat that route with the car.:)

Swiftshifter68
01-05-2012, 04:19 AM
Wow! Granny Fresh, right down to the Poverty Caps and paint choice. Build it!

---==Temio Williams
Yuba City, CA

Stuart Adams
01-05-2012, 09:14 AM
He built my motor for my current project. Have not talked to him in a year, picked up the phone and called him last week. It was like I just talked to him the day before, easy to talk with, extremely knowledgable on LS motors - best IMO, and just a great guy. Jody hooked me up with Kurt, I'm lucky for that.

You need something done or built, or have a question, he's the guy.

His new location should be great.

6D9 Matt
01-05-2012, 10:02 AM
Yeah Kurt Urban and Billy Briggs are two guys that I have heard might be good to look up when thinking about building an LS setup.

02-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Nice Nova, looks like it will be cool.

Kurt

camcojb
02-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Kurt, you need to put your shop in your signature. :)

http://www.kurturbanperformance.com/

Revved
04-03-2012, 03:19 PM

Jody

+1 on that... Was fortunate enough to work with Kurt over the phone a bit at my former employer while he was still at W2W. He was a great resource for advice when I went solo on everything from parts suppliers to EFI questions and has always been a great guy to talk to. Its always fun to hear what whacked out over octaned projects he has going on.

Someday I might even get to meet him in person! :lol: