PDA

View Full Version : What Kind of Mods for a Stock 502 RamJet?

tomspo04
06-07-2006, 11:30 PM
I've got a new 502 RJ that's going in my 70 Camaro and wanted to add a few ponies while it's out on the stand. I've got a set of full roller rockers that I'll intall, but does any one have any advise for other mods? The engine is new and would be fine the way it is but I fugured it would be a good time to add HP. :unibrow: Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tom

MEAN LT1
06-13-2006, 11:29 AM
What are the specs of the cam, I would probably go with a bigger cam and depending on what kind of money your looking to spend, go ahead and get the heads worked.

69MyWay
06-13-2006, 04:01 PM
If you are running the ECM that comes with the RJ, you might be very careful on your mods since it is pre-programmed and as far as I know, non adjustable. If you switch out to a different operating system, the sky is the limit on mods.

I understand they are not friendly to many changes with the built in programming.

morbid creations
06-13-2006, 11:43 PM
i have just the link for you... i hope it helps..

http://superchevy.com/technical/engines_drivetrain/cams_heads_valvetrain/0408sc_ramjet_copy/

rockdogz
06-13-2006, 11:48 PM
Cool link, thanks! :thumbsup:

tomspo04
06-16-2006, 05:57 AM
I agree, great article...I was a bit surprised that they didn't get more un-sprayed HP than they did. I think that I'll eventually go with something like a FAST ECU, cam, headwork and injectors…but that’s later on. I have got a set of roller rockers that I’ll throw on before I drop it in, though. Thanks for the replies. I've been away from the computer for a while so wasn't able to give thanks earlier. Rock, thanks for posting the videos!!! :thumbsup: NICE CAR!!! :bow: Have you been able to get on it yet?

Tom

Efi69Cam
06-16-2006, 08:08 AM
The roller rockers won't fit under the covers without a spacer gasket.

Scoggin Dickey can get you the gasket.

rockdogz
06-16-2006, 10:49 AM
I agree, great article...I was a bit surprised that they didn't get more un-sprayed HP than they did. I think that I'll eventually go with something like a FAST ECU, cam, headwork and injectors…but that’s later on. I have got a set of roller rockers that I’ll throw on before I drop it in, though. Thanks for the replies. I've been away from the computer for a while so wasn't able to give thanks earlier. Rock, thanks for posting the videos!!! :thumbsup: NICE CAR!!! :bow: Have you been able to get on it yet?

Tom

Still babying it some, want to get some miles on all the new components... But oh yeah that thing is a monster... :cool:

rocketman
06-16-2006, 12:01 PM
Some engine builders build a Nos motor to be alittle lazy off the bottle and amonster when on it.I had a 768 in my pro mod and off the motor it was real lazy and only made 1550 put on the Nos it made well over 2400.

tomspo04
06-17-2006, 03:29 AM
The roller rockers won't fit under the covers without a spacer gasket.

Scoggin Dickey can get you the gasket.

Got it cover...I've got a tall set of valve covers for it. :thumbsup:

tomspo04
06-17-2006, 03:31 AM
:bow: Still babying it some, want to get some miles on all the new components... But oh yeah that thing is a monster... :cool:

Hey Tom, How many miles have you put on it so far? Oh, and what size exhaust, and kind of mufflers are you running...sounds GREAT!

rockdogz
06-17-2006, 10:56 AM
:bow:

Hey Tom, How many miles have you put on it so far? Oh, and what size exhaust, and kind of mufflers are you running...sounds GREAT!

About 140 so far. 3" spintechs. Thanks, I'm happy with how it sounds.