PDA

View Full Version : What fuel line with a LS?

huggerz
05-22-2013, 08:14 PM
Hey guys I have a 69 Camaro that I am installing a LS1 in. I am at the point where I need to get the fuel to the engine. I have a Spectra tank with a internal fuel pump, and plan on running the Corvette fuel filter. My question is this. Can I splice into the factory 3/8 steel fuel line and use AN fittings, or do I have to run all new line? Will the factory fuel line handle 60 psi of pressure? I really don't wanna run braided hose or the plastic Dorman stuff. Whats everyone doing?

camcojb
05-22-2013, 09:09 PM
Hey guys I have a 69 Camaro that I am installing a LS1 in. I am at the point where I need to get the fuel to the engine. I have a Spectra tank with a internal fuel pump, and plan on running the Corvette fuel filter. My question is this. Can I splice into the factory 3/8 steel fuel line and use AN fittings, or do I have to run all new line? Will the factory fuel line handle 60 psi of pressure? I really don't wanna run braided hose or the plastic Dorman stuff. Whats everyone doing?
The factory steel line as long as it's in good condition would be fine.

huggerz
05-22-2013, 09:20 PM
Awesome! A couple of adapter fittings and I will be good to go. Thanks Jody!

camcojb
05-22-2013, 09:24 PM
Awesome! A couple of adapter fittings and I will be good to go. Thanks Jody!
You're welcome Aaron.

NvrDun71
05-23-2013, 11:05 AM
Inline Tube will add AN fittings to stock replacement pre-bent hardlines. That's what I'm planning to run on my swap, give them a call for more info

hifi875
05-23-2013, 11:47 AM
I am currently running a ls that I just switched over from carb to fuel injection(Holley Terminator). I bought a tanks inc. setup with walbro pump and new sending unit. I didn't want to mess the old factory tubing and since I had to do a return anyway I just ran all new lines with Earls pro-lite lines and ano-tuff ends. Everything is black, looks great and I didn't have to rig this or adapt that to make everything work.

http://www.holley.com/350004ERL.asp
http://www.holley.com/AT304620ERL.asp

this is the kind of stuff I used(different sizes though)

excuse the mess, not done yet!

huggerz
05-24-2013, 12:50 PM
Call me paranoid, but I would like to stick with a steel line. Theres something about that much hose that makes me cringe. Im trying to get the car done for Kool Deadwood Nights in Deadwood SD. Nothin like a 400 mile shakedown trip.

Hey hifi875, Is that a Locar tranny dipstick tube screwed to your firewall? If so got a part number? BTW whay mess?