PDA

View Full Version : Finsihed TT Headers

Diesel77
04-07-2006, 08:48 AM
I made a header/ log style for fit purposes, out of 304 stainless for ease of making, and for the cool factor, when you open the hood I want two turbos staring you in the face. They should fit under the hood by 2 inches if our measurements are correct. We'll see, worst case I'll put 2 bubbles or tear drops above the turbos, not sure how that will look with a 4 inch cowl, hopefully the turbos clear or I'll re work the header and try and get the turbo flange lower. Im putting these in my 88 MonteSS which is currently getting mini tubbed, lowered and a cage. Next time I get to the shop I'll get some pics of the work so far. Also trying a carb first, because first off its cheaper, second its easier to get on my car and running. and thrird, its cheaper lol. Maybe later I'll put a EFI system on it. I also built my own hat for twins. Right now Im just happy the wife is letting me spend as much money as I already have :D

LIL QIK
04-07-2006, 04:30 PM
Heard that about the wife....lol

Got any more pics of the headers themselves..?

So far it looks pretty good.

D Rock
04-07-2006, 05:58 PM
awesome setup, I agree about more pics. I would like to see some pics of just the headers.

hotwheels
04-08-2006, 01:10 AM
awesome job man, very talented work............ :thumbsup:

chuntington
04-11-2006, 07:12 AM
amazing man! and have you any pics of the actual heards??

im intresed in somehting similar (with the turbos bit further back) fora project im planning! ;)

thanks Chris.

Diesel77
04-11-2006, 12:49 PM
I'll try and get some pics of the headers this week.

nitrorocket
04-14-2006, 09:43 PM
No intercooler?? What are your plans??

Diesel77
04-15-2006, 04:03 PM
Eventually but not for a few months. Ive got a budget I promised the wife I would stick to and Im almost tapped out after buying the car, ignition stuff, cooling system, trans and converter, rims, tires, interior stuff, exhaust, mini tubbing, rear, suspension goodies, cage, fuel system, and lots more. Once the car is running and I save up more money, I'll put an intercooler in. I just want to get in running and enjoy it some this year and not go to far over budget. This project started only a few months ago and probably will be an ongoing upgrade as most hot rodders know, the never ending cycle of new fads, parts, and always more power :willy:

nitrorocket
04-15-2006, 05:36 PM
As far as more power goes. Once you get an intercooler hooked up and the car tuned right, you won't need any more power. I know mine at 15 psi is friggen nuts on the street! :yes:

jeff s
04-16-2006, 02:05 PM
Way to go!