PDA

View Full Version : New guy has turbo questions

MDG27
03-16-2006, 10:15 PM
Looking for info & from my reading it seems everyone one here has good knowledge. Helping a friend that does not have internet access, he has a 1973 impala 2dr w/ a 454 & wants to put on a single turbo, not sure what size turbo or if their any kits out their that include somethings needed, if someone can help us, I was also wondering about tuning & fuel as will, thank you

Speedster
03-17-2006, 11:20 AM
Looking for info & from my reading it seems everyone one here has good knowledge. Helping a friend that does not have internet access, he has a 1973 impala 2dr w/ a 454 & wants to put on a single turbo, not sure what size turbo or if their any kits out their that include somethings needed, if someone can help us, I was also wondering about tuning & fuel as will, thank you

Pick up a book at Barnes and Noble or Books A Million or someplace like that titled "Maximum Boost" by Corky Bell. Someone here told me to pick up a copy and it is all about turbos.

MDG27
03-17-2006, 01:58 PM
Thanks, I was hoping i could get some basics off of here though! :(

XcYZ
03-17-2006, 01:59 PM
What exactly are you looking for? Headers? Will this be a single or twin? Intercooled? :)

flynbyu82
03-26-2006, 12:39 PM
Well lets see...

I probly wouldn't go much smaller than an 88mm turbo because of the size of the engine. Because it's a big block, your not going to find many kits. Custom made headers are probly going to be a must in your situation along with the rest of your piping. I also recommend Corky Bell's book, its a great read for new people getting into the turbo scene.

As for online forums, try turbomustangs.com. There is ENDLESS amounts of information on that site, and their will be be a wider avail of people there that know turbos.