PDA

View Full Version : So I Started My Turbo Build...

RickM415
02-18-2006, 08:43 PM
So Can Both Turbos Be Fed Out Of The Same Oil Line And The Return Can It Be Y-ed Too ?

How About An Intercooler....2 In And 2 Out Or 2 In And One Out ? Whats The Difference ?

J2SpeedandCustom
02-20-2006, 08:35 AM
So Can Both Turbos Be Fed Out Of The Same Oil Line And The Return Can It Be Y-ed Too ?

How About An Intercooler....2 In And 2 Out Or 2 In And One Out ? Whats The Difference ?

I would pull separate oil lines to the turbos just my opinion.

On the IC you can do whatever suits your plumbing needs. The difference will be in the IC core and the amount of pressure drop you'll have. The piping and routing doesn't affect much.

hotwheels
02-25-2006, 10:41 AM
Can Both Turbos Be Fed Out Of The Same Oil Line on my twinturbo's car, i came off of where the oil pressure sensor was, i have one line from there, to a "T" and then a line from there to each turbo.......The Return Can It Be Y-ed Too no, each line need's to be atleast 5/8" hose and each need's to be set up to free drain to your oil pan.....I know it will take extra effort, but it really need's to be done this way.....2 In And 2 Out Or 2 In And One Out 2 in and 2 out will be alot of extra pluming........on my car, i went with 2 in, and 1 out.......so my turbo compressor side feed's in at the bottom of my intercooler and the air out, leaves the top and goes to my engine from there......For some simplicity, i would do the 2 in and 1 out......

hotwheels

RickM415
02-25-2006, 11:18 AM
Thanks Guys For All The Info