PDA

View Full Version : c/r Vs. Psi Vs. 93 oct.

Majik16106
02-06-2006, 06:56 PM
stupid question. Plan on running a 500ci mopar, mild cam (even for a supercharged car), fuel injected. 8.3:1 should be my final c/r. Just curious, with aluminum heads with minor work, I shouldnt have problems running 10psi should i?? This car is all pump gas.. 91-93 octane. And I really want to stay away from water/alch injection just because this is primarily a street car, and i will drive it alot, and i want it to be a true street car, nice seats, nice stereo, nice idle, nice ride, and most of all.. get in and go without having to put in expensive fluids. so with a d1-sc i was thinkin 10 psi should be good, i actually figured i could go 12ish but im afraid ill be pushing it. and i have no idea how to figure out whats a safe boost level with my given mods and a pump gas diet.

ProdigyCustoms
02-06-2006, 07:14 PM
You should be able to run 10PSI, however you will be getting near the limits of a D1SC at 500". especially if your combo is a good breather. it is not exactly the hot set up to run any blower at it's peak. If you think there is ANY chance you may want more from it someday, I highly suggest stepping up to the F series.

As far as boost, if you are willing to intercool it, we could set you up with 14 to 16 lbs boost no problem, on pump gas.

It's really all about outlet air temp. Cold ducting the intake is also a good help. let me know if we can help you get set up properly. We can save you some $$$$ on your blower set up.

Majik16106
02-07-2006, 05:36 PM
i did forget to mention that.. yes it is intercooled, and ill have a big AAR hood scoop to feed the air into the bay. I've looked and the d1sc seem like it would work out ok, i have had only one other person suggest going to the f1r or whichever is the smallest of the f series. I am considering it. Actually I think you are down the road from me Prodigy.. are you in canton ga? someone here is i think. I might need to go up there and just chat for a bit. I need to finish up the toyota in my garage and sell it.