PDA

View Full Version : Twin Turbo V8 - Aussie Style

Boxer
02-06-2006, 05:45 AM
This car has run a 7.1 but has only hit the track a handful of times and stil isn't running all that much boost!

http://www.fullboost.com.au/contrib/boxer/Ivan.wmv

Car is a genuine Holden LJ Torana GTR XU1. Originally powered by and in-line 202ci 60cylinder with tripple carbs. Now has a MONSTER 400ci with two big turbos and some rather big tyres up the back. SOUNDS INSANE!

Licence plate says MR MAD!

markss28
02-06-2006, 09:05 AM
That was awesome.

tomsullivan
02-06-2006, 09:27 AM
This car was featured in last month's Street Machine mag (Australian), it has one of the nicest engine bay I have seen, I was almost temped to stop work on Scott's car and start working on this one :) .

I don’t actually have the mag atm but I have read it in there he talks about changing it to a pro-charger, so he can compete in the blow outlaw category in Australia. If I can find a issues of the mag I will get some pics its well worth it.

TravisB
02-06-2006, 10:38 AM
wow...that thig runs pretty hard....I bet the shortwheel base makes it INTERESTING to drive

syborg tt
02-06-2006, 11:18 AM
This car was featured in last month's Street Machine mag (Australian), it has one of the nicest engine bay I have seen, I was almost temped to stop work on Scott's car and start working on this one

i would love to see pics of the underhood

Boxer
02-06-2006, 04:59 PM
This car was featured in last month's Street Machine mag (Australian), it has one of the nicest engine bay I have seen, I was almost temped to stop work on Scott's car and start working on this one :) .

I don’t actually have the mag atm but I have read it in there he talks about changing it to a pro-charger, so he can compete in the blow outlaw category in Australia. If I can find a issues of the mag I will get some pics its well worth it.

Actually, if you take another look at that story, I wrote it :thumbsup:

i would love to see pics of the underhood