PDA

View Full Version : general small block fuel injection question..

ArisESQ
01-24-2006, 03:35 AM
so i just had 2 basic questions that i was hoping you guys could clear up for me...

1) i havent really seen or heard of too many people using the holley stealth ram setup... does anybody have any good or bad opinions about it?

2) as far as the chevy small block goes... what are my efi options? any that people say are better than others?

thanks a lot guys!

Blown353
01-24-2006, 02:20 PM
The Stealth Ram is a good setup. Pretty compact, good runner length, looks good, and is nicely integrated. A friend has one on his '69 Camaro with a Procharger. Stielow also used one on Malitude.

The lower manifold on my car is a heavily worked and extrude honed stealth ram; the upper is custom sheetmetal with extended bellmouth velocity stacks inside and is side-fed by a BBK 5.0 'Stang throttle body.

As far as EFI options, what do you mean? Off the shelf? Custom? Pieced-together? Or just looking for opinions on the various computers available?

Troy

ArisESQ
01-24-2006, 08:45 PM
ive been tryig to learn as much as i can about the holley stealth ram, as that setup has so far appealed to me most from what i have seen for sbc efi setups that are easily available, but i was curious what other people are doing for efi... thank you for your response.

crazy1969
02-02-2006, 06:05 PM
ive been tryig to learn as much as i can about the holley stealth ram, as that setup has so far appealed to me most from what i have seen for sbc efi setups that are easily available, but i was curious what other people are doing for efi... thank you for your response.
d.f.i. is the way to go gen 7

almcbri
02-02-2006, 08:06 PM
I think that all depends in what you want. For instance the Holley Stealth Ram is an awesome set-up but is a bit pricey for what you get. There is a forum that is dedicated towards the stealth ram and 3rd gen F-bodys but I am having a tough time finding it right now. Really it is all depending in what you want.

I think many people tend to look over TBI's. I am not saying this just because I am using a TBI set-up, but TBI's are more reliable and still can be modified pretty well. As far as appearance nothing looks better than the S.Ram set-up as well. Check out Craig Boones 69 camaro on the pro-touring page he uses a TBI style set-up on a SB w/ a bit over 500 HP. Check this site out. http://www.goingfaster.com/spo/spo_technology_central.html It not only gives great info on TBI'S but TPI's as well. A lot of reading, but good info. Hope this helps.

Andrew

camcojb
02-02-2006, 08:54 PM
d.f.i. is the way to go gen 7

Disagree, not a simple tuning setup for a beginner. Many tuners struggle and more still will not even tune them anymore.

Jody

57hemicuda
02-07-2006, 02:20 PM
please move this post to a new thread in the classifieds.

Thanks.

Jody