PDA

View Full Version : More media for the Yellow Car/ZL1 Clone/Alumin8or

XcYZ
12-27-2005, 04:50 PM
My mom got me a Camaro Calendar for Christmas and check out the pic for the month of January. The picture is awesome; my poor attempt to capture it with my digital camera doesn't show it. lol There's also 67 Pace Car and a Yellow 2002 ZL1 that's also in the calendar that may be of interest to a few. It's $14 at www.BrownTrout.com

Calendar back cover (http://www.browntrout.com/media/images/002/258/0763186325_b.jpg)

Anyways, just had to share. :thumbsup:

clinthart
12-27-2005, 05:53 PM
A really nice looking car.

zbugger
12-27-2005, 07:00 PM
Gee, the backgrounds on the three cars mentioned looks the same to me. Quite familiar as well. Makes ya wonder......

96z28ss
12-27-2005, 07:32 PM
When did the ALuminator have TT2's?

XcYZ
12-27-2005, 08:27 PM
Gee, the backgrounds on the three cars mentioned looks the same to me. Quite familiar as well. Makes ya wonder......

LOL, no doubt, Allen.

When did the ALuminator have TT2's?

The car has a lot of history. It would make a great monthly feature car because of that alone.

Before the Fikses, before the TT2's, it rolled on these:

http://www.camcojb.com/zl1index/zl1sideviewinside.jpg

And Jody just couldn't leave it alone. :D

http://www.camcojb.com/zl1index/zl1front2.jpg

A little history from when Jody had it:

Here's a few pics of what I started with. It was a beautiful ZL-1 clone, patterned after the show car that was built in 69, other than the paint scheme. The first thing I did was convert the Yenko block to FAST EFI, add a 2004R in place of the TH400, and add Baer brakes and 17" Torque Thrust wheels with F1's. This combo made 485 rwhp and almost 600 rwtq and was fun to drive. But soon the "more power" bug hit and since I'd done a couple of centrifugal superchargers in the past I bought one for the 468. The motor came out again and was put together as a blower-specific engine this time. I bought the kit from SD Concept Engineering. Great people with a LOT of knowledge on these blowers. This setup made 720 rwhp at only 5500 rpm, shutting off the Dynapack chassis dyno for exceeding it's torque range. At that point I knew it was making too much power to live with the old ZL-1 block and since it had value I sold it and purchased a new Arias block. Used a 4.5" bore and 4.25" stroke to end up at 540 cid. When the engine was out I picked up a Wayne Due front end for a great price from a friend. Once it was up and running the extra torque killed my lockup convertor in the 2004R. So I decided to swap in a TKO and twin disc oval-track clutch. Ended up making 804 rwhp with only 11 psi of boost. Later tried a pull with 15 psi of boost but the inlet split at about 5500 rpm so didn't get full numbers.

TravisB
12-28-2005, 07:54 AM
nice car...I love watching the video of this car on this site

clill
12-28-2005, 09:10 AM
I personally think it looked the best when I had the plain americans on it. Ron Kimball came and took those calendar pics. He also shot the Mule, the Pace car, the 02 ZL1 and my wifes Mini Cooper. These is the first calendar I have found them on.