PDA

View Full Version : Disassembly for hi-temp coating?

rwhite692
12-22-2005, 12:58 PM
Hi Jason,

I'm about to get my manifolds and housings high temp coated.

I would like to know if there are any special considerations or instructions for disassembly of the turbos. It looks very straightforward, but figured I should ask first. If OK to disassemble, what are the torque specs for re-assembly?

If there is a lot of associated complexity/risk, or will put me SOL if there is a problem with the units later down the road, then I won't bother, and will just do my manifolds.

Also...shouldn't the bolts on the turbo housings be set up for safety wire?

Thanks,
Rob

slow4dr
12-22-2005, 02:20 PM
Hi Jason,

I'm about to get my manifolds and housings high temp coated.

I would like to know if there are any special considerations or instructions for disassembly of the turbos. It looks very straightforward, but figured I should ask first. If OK to disassemble, what are the torque specs for re-assembly?

If there is a lot of associated complexity/risk, or will put me SOL if there is a problem with the units later down the road, then I won't bother, and will just do my manifolds.

Also...shouldn't the bolts on the turbo housings be set up for safety wire?

Thanks,
Rob

Safety wiring isn't necessary.

Break the 6 bolts loose on the turbine housing. Place the turbos compressor inlet face down on a nice flat bench area. You can do it with the compressor side facing up also. Finish removing all 6 bolts and accompanying 3 mounting plates. Then just lift the turbine housing off being careful not damage the turbine wheel. Reverse steps for puting it back together.

12-15 ft-lbs

rwhite692
12-22-2005, 03:41 PM
Thanks Jason for the quick reply! -Rob

slow4dr
12-22-2005, 05:12 PM
Thanks Jason for the quick reply! -Rob

:thumbsup:

I wanna see pics after they're coated. :unibrow:

rwhite692
12-22-2005, 06:18 PM
Jason, I will post pics...Scott already had his done, I think.

I'm going with a matte black coating so...they won't look (in photos) much different than parts sprayed with BBQ black paint!! :D