Well we were asked by Goodguys earlier this year if we would be interested in doing the giveaway car for Goodguys in 2011. I thought about it for a while and came up with a multispoked game plan and if any of these points could not happen. Ironworks was not interested.
1) It had to a Tri-5 Chevy to display our Tri-5 Chassis we are working to make available to the public. What great advertisement?
2) They had to let me out source the paint and interior work to Kenny Davis @ Kenny Davis Hot Rods and Tracy Weaver at the Recovery Room. Since we don;t paint or sew we had no choice.
3) We had to use an EMI 55 Chevy convertible body, Because Kenny and I had heard on may occasions that they are really nice pieces. Brand new means no rust, and seriously, what do you have to do to a 55 chevy Convertible to make it cool.
4) Since it would be and Aftermarket body and Chassis, and the guys from GM have wanted us to use there new E-rod engine to power a vehicle for since they unveiled the engine at SEMA last year.
5) And we had to get the body pretty early in the process so we did not have to Thrash to get this car done.
I know it almost seems like cheating.
Some pics and a post from Goodguys about the project.
A picture of the chassis
So You guys will have a chance to win a new bodied 55 Chevy convertible, with a 430hp LS3 engine, with a 4L60E trans sitting low on one of our chassis's on 19's and 20's. Ben Hermance drew up a quick Sketch of a project Goodguys wants to call Project CleanAire 55 for the Emission compliant engine in a specially constructed car.