PDA

View Full Version : 18x7 & 18x8 for 69 firebird?

RBR
06-18-2007, 11:42 PM
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I'm restoring my 69 bird. I have a fatman front end or (mustang 2). It also has 2in drop spindles. I plan to run 18's with 4.25in bs in the front an 4.5in bs in the rear. Can anyone see any reason they won't fit? I was hoping to order some rims soon. Thank's in advance. Dennis

I forgot to mention it also has the aftermarket control arms and 12in willwood front brakes. Not sure what I'm going to do with the back yet.

DriverzInc
06-19-2007, 06:04 PM
Only problem I can think of is if the Fatman Mustang II stuff moves out your track width any, but I don't believe it does. If no, you should be just fine with those measurments. What wheels are you going with? Let us know, we can help.

RBR
06-20-2007, 01:22 AM
I was going to go with torq thrust 2s, but I would like to see what opions I have with other wheels. Do most compainies have the BS I would need? How long does it usually take to get the wheels if they are special ordered? Thanks Dennis oh, I live in the bay area

awr68
06-20-2007, 06:34 PM
You should call Fatman to double check that the track width is the same as stock. If it is, go with 18x8 w/ 5" b.s. and a 245/40/18 tire...it's the widest trouble free package that fits on the first gen F bodies.

DriverzInc
06-21-2007, 12:19 PM
All depends on how far you want to go with your wheel an tire package. The custom stuff is very nice, but can take anywhere from 4-6 weeks to get. Going this route though allows you to put the widest and best fitting wheel and tire package. For something off the shelf like the TT2, or my new favorite the Torqlite, you can get these wheels off the shelf in 7's and 8's for less than the custom stuff. It just depends on what you want. All the custom places can build the offsets you need. Places like American Racing keeps TT's (and others) in stock in back spaces that will work but not as wide as you could potentially get with the custom build. Hope that all makes sense.

I was going to go with torq thrust 2s, but I would like to see what opions I have with other wheels. Do most compainies have the BS I would need? How long does it usually take to get the wheels if they are special ordered? Thanks Dennis oh, I live in the bay area

RBR
06-21-2007, 12:20 PM
Thank's for the reply, I'll give fatman a call.

RBR
06-21-2007, 12:54 PM
I just got off the phone with fat man and they say my track width is 1" shorter on both sides.