PDA

View Full Version : sheet metal help needed

mickey
05-10-2005, 03:48 PM
i own a 03 Monte Carlo SS and they do not make the sheet metal for the front of the rad. support . you know the stuff around the hood latch etc, that everyone has on the older cars. Well i had the bright i idea of doing it on my Monte Carlo but i need some help trying to figure out how to bend the metal to make it have a good bend in it . I dint have a brake and no access to one this is the dilemma. I can fit it and cut it but i have to figure out how to bend it in to the right place. do any of you out there in puter land have some suggestions for me to get a good bend on some aluminum so I'm not doing this 100 times or so to get one bend right.
Thanks

XcYZ
05-10-2005, 04:32 PM
Welcome, Mickey. I guess if you have to bend sheet aluminum and don't have access to a brake, you'll have to make one. Have you thought about using 2x4's or 4x4's and some clamps? That would ensure the brake point is sharp and straight.

Just a thought.

race-rodz
06-11-2005, 09:16 PM
try checkin out a local heat and air place.... 90% of them have the sheetmetal tools in their shop.... i would think one quick bend should cost more than a 6-pak or so.