PDA

View Full Version : 1970 Camaro Z/28 RS

Ricochet
05-07-2005, 02:12 AM
1970 1/2 Camaro Z/28 RS, Here is the story, I bought the car being told it was an SS/RS. The SS emblems were not in right spots though, which raised my curiosity. With all the options it had I knew it was something, but not sure about an SS. Well once I got it home, I dropped the fuel tank. There it was, the original build sheet. It was in fact not an SS, but a Z/28 RS. This car was built in Los Angeles & has always remained in California. Options it came with. High HP 350 LT1/360HP, Turbo 400, 5 pack multi leaf, factory front & rear sway bars, 3.73 12 bolt posi, PDB, PS, Tilt, factory tach & gauges, Black Deluxe comfort weave interior, orig colors were Daytona Yellow w/ black stripes. As you can see in the pics it has been painted red w/ black stripes. Unfortunatley the orig motor & trans are gone. The car overall is in excellent condition, but needs to be done. One very small (silver dollar size) spot of rust in the pass lower fender. Other than that no rust can be found. Very solid car!! Here is the "Million Dollar Question", The car has A/C!! From what I know & what I have been told, solid lifter high HP cars did not come with A/C. The A/C looks 100% factory. I'm not sure if was dealer installed or what?? But I compared it to a friends 72 SS/RS that we know came from the factory with it, & it is identical. The part of the build sheet that would show the code for A/C is unfortunatley deteriorated. The pics below are not the best. I will have some better ones over the weekend I can e-mail out. Anyways, if your looking for a extremely nice project car, this is it. E-mail me at [email protected] I have alot more pics I can send.

$6500.00 Firm

A/C update....After much discussion with others, looking at the build sheet more closely & learning how to decode it here is what I found. On the build sheet in Box #52 A/C Compressor it has dashes in it - which tells me it did not come with A/C..But in Box #97,98,& 99 It states "350-360HP with AC-Labels & Mounts". Who knows?? The build sheet does in fact prove what the car is & what it has (other than A/C) - It is the real deal Z/28 with the above options. My thoughts are this..I'm sure it was dealer installed. Etheir way..It is extremely nice car that will make a great project for somebody.

c.schulz
05-07-2005, 10:11 AM
Contact Bryan Cope.He is looking for a car just like this.He is a member here under the name of carbuff. :thumbsup:

Jim72SS
05-07-2005, 10:42 PM
You dont still have the SS emblems? I just got a nice 72 camaro and after running the vin and cowl tag it is a SS with the orig eng so im looking for some emblems.

Ricochet
05-12-2005, 12:46 AM
You dont still have the SS emblems? I just got a nice 72 camaro and after running the vin and cowl tag it is a SS with the orig eng so im looking for some emblems.

Jim-
I no longer have the emlems..

At this point the car is pretty much SOLD!! And it looks like we'll be able to see the build up on this site!! I know it will become a killer!!!

Stuart Adams
05-12-2005, 10:56 AM
Congrats on the sale Brent. I like that year Camaro also. :thumbsup:

Ricochet
05-17-2005, 09:25 AM
Contact Bryan Cope.He is looking for a car just like this.He is a member here under the name of carbuff. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the lead!! Bryan is buying the car. We are finalizing the details as we speak!!