PDA

View Full Version : Rendering - 70 Camaro

70gotboost
05-17-2007, 04:35 PM
I'd like a 3D rendering of my '70 Camaro "Julius". How do I go about having someone do it up? Anyone interested? Cost?

Hdesign
05-17-2007, 08:33 PM
Carter Hickman [email protected]

Kris Horton www.carsbykris.com

In no particular order......good luck and please post it when it's done!!:thumbsup:

ccracin
05-17-2007, 09:10 PM
Carter Hickman [email protected]

Kris Horton www.carsbykris.com

In no particular order......good luck and please post it when it's done!!:thumbsup:

Ben is being modest. Not to take away from the guys he recommended, but Ben is very good. He should also be considered. Check out www.hermancedesign.com.

XcYZ
05-18-2007, 07:40 AM
All these guys are excellent. And to have Ben point you in the direction of someone else and not himself only shows how much class he has. He does fantastic work, too.

Hdesign
05-18-2007, 07:56 AM
Thanks Chad and Scott, I appreciate it!

I typically use photoshop over hand-drawn linework and details but I have been trying to set aside time to build a 3D database of a 69 Camaro for fun. Since I use Alias (3D modelling software) all day long for my day job doing various products, I'm usually burnt out on using it for cars. I guess it's more of a personal taste issue but I've always liked to balance a high level of accuracy with an artistic, "brush-stroke" feel. The products that I 3D render are a little too sterilized looking for me. I prefer car renderings that look like renderings rather than photos.

Anyway, that's just me and there are so many different styles that are available to people. That's a very good thing. None is better than the other to be honest. Some people like Italian food and some like Chinese food.

No matter who you decide to use, I'm sure you will be very happy with the results. All of the artists that are on here, I consider friends and they are all top-notch people that are eager to help.

Kris Horton
05-20-2007, 06:51 AM
Thanks for the nod Ben. And as always, your work = :hail:

70gotboost, if you're looking for a 3D rendering, shoot me over an e-mail, [email protected] or feel free to call me anytime (760) 481-5542 and I'd be happy to discuss your project with you! I definitely haven't done enough 2nd Gen F-bodies and I'm sure it'd be fun. :thumbsup:

Kris

70gotboost
05-24-2007, 09:23 AM
messages sent... Thanks guys!!!

Blake Foster
05-24-2007, 05:09 PM
probably too late but

Paul at Killer Customs does some nice stuff too
you can contact him at 604-460-0204

70gotboost
10-05-2007, 07:27 AM
I wanted to show off another fine rendering from Ben Hermance. Ben was awesome to deal with and does great work. Even with the SEMA rush, Ben was able to get Julius completed and 'on paper'.

THANKS AGAIN BEN!!! :thumbsup:

http://www.70camaro-julius.com/temp/Julius1024.jpg

XcYZ
10-05-2007, 07:38 AM
Awesome! :bow:

ZVT
10-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Quality very nice lovin it!!:thumbsup:

DVierstra
10-21-2007, 07:28 PM
Ben Hermance does some really nice clean work. I really like the Orange Camaro!

syborg tt
10-22-2007, 12:24 PM
Anyone want to buy an s10 mini-truck i'm really wanting to build a 2nd gen camaro

Nice Work by the way Ben

ps - attached is a Foose 2nd Gen Rendering

ccracin
10-22-2007, 02:29 PM
Anyone want to buy an s10 mini-truck i'm really wanting to build a 2nd gen camaro

Nice Work by the way Ben

C'mon Marty, it's NOT a mini-truck! How many times do we have to keep telling you that!:rofl:

55chevyman
10-26-2007, 06:11 PM
was the julius rendering drawn then photoshoped or was it done on alias?

syborg tt
10-27-2007, 02:41 PM
C'mon Marty, it's NOT a mini-truck! How many times do we have to keep telling you that!:rofl:

I am so glad that someone agree's with me.

Hdesign
10-27-2007, 06:40 PM
Alex, this time around the final artwork is Illustrator and Photoshop based on a rough sketch. I usually do Tshirt art this way so that it's screen-printer friendly.

70gotboost
10-27-2007, 11:18 PM
Alex, this time around the final artwork is Illustrator and Photoshop based on a rough sketch. I usually do Tshirt art this way so that it's screen-printer friendly.

My original intent for the rendering was to be able to do posters and t-shirts of the car/rendering, in which Ben nailed beautifully. Scott is working on a website too, which will go 'live' shortly after SEMA. Check out www.70camaro-julius.com for complete build pics, updates and media.

Special thanks to Scott and Ben for making my 'dream' become a reality!!!

Kevin

:cheers:

Young Gun
10-28-2007, 01:51 PM
My original intent for the rendering was to be able to do posters and t-shirts of the car/rendering, in which Ben nailed beautifully. Scott is working on a website too, which will go 'live' shortly after SEMA. Check out www.70camaro-julius.com for complete build pics, updates and media.

Special thanks to Scott and Ben for making my 'dream' become a reality!!!

Kevin

:cheers:

that web-site is a tease hahah

55chevyman
10-28-2007, 03:57 PM
thanks guys
i was thinking about buying photoshop 6 or 7
or what do you recommend me getting for my first time around

Hdesign
10-28-2007, 07:48 PM
Either one will do, there are advantages and disadvantages to both.

70gotboost
10-29-2007, 05:29 AM
that web-site is a tease hahah

LOL it's a tease right now, I hesitated to even post it. Scott has been on my a$$ to get him some pics. I just burned a CD with over 180 pics and video for the site this weekend. Once the SEMA rush is over the site should be up in a couple weeks. Stay tuned...

Sorry for the tease. ;)

syborg tt
12-05-2007, 10:31 PM
LOL it's a tease right now, I hesitated to even post it. Scott has been on my a$$ to get him some pics. I just burned a CD with over 180 pics and video for the site this weekend. Once the SEMA rush is over the site should be up in a couple weeks. Stay tuned...

Sorry for the tease. ;)

okay times up - let's see your pictures

woody80z28
12-06-2007, 08:32 AM
Very nice looking rendering. Inspiring!

I should really get back into that kind of work. I've been too busy with wrenches the last year to get out the tablet!