PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy front end sheetmetal?

HotRod68Camaro
05-16-2007, 09:23 PM
I need to buy new fenders, valence, and header panel. Classic Industries and Goodmark are about the same, and D&R is quite a bit cheaper. Where do every body prefer to buy their sheetmetal from (who do you think has better fitting pieces)?

Thanks

ItDoRun
05-16-2007, 09:33 PM
We recently installed the OER stuff from Classic on my friend's '69 and it fit like crap. The 68 panels are different and may fit better though. Flip a coin...they're all pretty much the same. I just received a rear deck filler panel from NPD that is made by Dynacor (who supposedly makes the OER stuff for Classic) and it's made in...you guessed it...Taiwan.

Just my .02

HotRod68Camaro
05-18-2007, 10:58 AM
hmmm, if only the NOS werent so expensive.

any other opinions?

Gordz32
05-19-2007, 04:54 PM
goodmark! I am right now in the process of making my danchuk fenders fit correctly. I also might add that I've been doing this for the last couple days. And I'm really pissed off!! All I can go by is that all of the sheetmetal I've done on the chevelle and on cars at work, goodmark panels fit the best. This includes 1) both quarters and decklid on the chevelle @)Roof skin, two quarters, and outerwheelhouses on a 68 camaro at work. These were all goodmark pieces and they fit with very minimal work. If I could go back and do it again, I would have just bought all the sheetmetal for the chevelle from goodmark but I wanted to save on the shipping cost so I went an picked it up from DAnchuk. :(

marty69212
06-10-2007, 08:07 PM
it doesnt matter.. they are all from the same place tiawan!!!! unless they say made in usa !!!! goodmark is no different than anyone else .. their panels have made in tiawan stickers on them too!!!

ItDoRun
06-10-2007, 09:28 PM
From what I'm told, there are two manufacturers...OER and Golden Legion. Goodmark sells the Golden Legion panels.

Taylor1969
07-18-2007, 01:50 PM
I bought a goodmark driver fender and i thought fitment is great. I have the OEM panel on the passenger side and I thought the goodmark fits just as well as the OEM. I'll be able to post some pics this weekend of the unmassaged panel. I plan to fit everything this weekend so I can do a before and after to show it.

deuce_454
07-18-2007, 02:29 PM
somone posted a link with aluminum repro panels that looked prety good! priced between OEM and OER, ald it saved somthing like 100 lbs (or so the poster claimed) but it looked trick and it would be noce to see somthing different

ProdigyCustoms
07-18-2007, 05:19 PM
Sounds like it is time for a little instructional video on adjusting repo fenders

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u212/ProdigyCustoms/th_2dbe5f69.jpg (http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u212/ProdigyCustoms/?action=view&current=2dbe5f69.flv)

Gandalf
07-18-2007, 05:40 PM
Uncle Frank - you rock! Please post the part numbers for those tools you used in the video so I can get my very own. I suspect Harbor Frieght Tools carries those... :)

G.