PDA

View Full Version : Cooling a big block

Musclecar
04-28-2007, 10:28 PM
Ok guys.. Here's my problem. I just installed a ZZ502 in my 69 camaro. I am running a mechanical clutch fan on it with a griffin aluminum radiator. Running down the highway the temp is running about 185 and as soon as I get into traffic the temp starts going up. This evening when I pulled into the local cruise in after driving 35 miles to get there the temp went to 210 before I shut it off. My question is this. Is there any electric fan setup out there that will fit on my radiator and pull enough air to keep it cool in traffic? There isn't much room between the water pump pulley and the radiator but I know some of you guys are running a bb with electric fans.. Should I keep my mechanical fan and add a pusher fan in the front or get rid of the mechanical and go electrical all the way? If so, which set up works best? Thanks...

Garry

camcojb
04-28-2007, 10:34 PM
The clutch fan will be better with a shroud, but I've always preferred the Mark VIII electric fan, especially at idle. They will definitely move more air at idle than the fan you have now.

Jody

Musclecar
04-28-2007, 10:53 PM
I have the shroud installed with the clutch fan.. No luck... Will the Mark VIII fans fit without much fabrication?

ProdigyCustoms
04-28-2007, 11:32 PM
We have following Shroud / fan packages in various sizes. They are designed to fit our radiator line. but we also used one on the 69 Firbird griffen as Kevin already owned the Griffen before we took on the Northern line.

I just need the measurement between the tanks and top to bottom of the core will it will mount.

http://www.picturehosting.com/images/69camaro/incar_1.jpg