PDA

View Full Version : Revolution Brakes..

speedzone
04-28-2007, 11:00 AM
I have read about all the bad experiences people had with Precision brakes Company, which is now Revolution Brakes, and I was wondering if they now have their act together, or if it was nothing more than a name change? Any good experiences?

camcojb
04-28-2007, 11:14 AM
there is a likely reason they changed the name. They have lost sponsorship of many auto boards for the way they do business, and even some of the ones who still have them listed as sponsors will remove them as soon as the contract runs out. They earned this reputation through hard mismanagement and absolutely no customer service, in addition to outright lying to people to get an order. Their reputation is shot so the name change was inevitable if they wanted to keep the business going.

My opinion, the old saying "not with a 10' pole".............. :mad: I would never use their stuff.

Jody

ProdigyCustoms
04-28-2007, 02:44 PM
They had MAJOR problems. We dodged that bullet as they were pursueing us heavyily to sell their stuff. I do owe them a debt of gratitude though, it put me in the brake business, LOL!

What do you need? No one sells Wilwood like we do.

awr68
04-28-2007, 03:56 PM
I guess I got lucky! I got my Wilwood front kit form PB during a GP at PT.com years ago and had no problems at all with the transaction. Perhaps they couldn't keep up with demand as they grew?

speedzone
04-28-2007, 07:47 PM
Prodigy, or anyone else that can help me: I am doing a complete, frame off, restomod(or pro-touring, if you will) on a 1968 Pontiac Catalina convertible. The 65-70 Pontiac big cars are very unique (oddball) and there are virtually no aftermarket parts available for these cars, so everything must be custom. I am having some control arms made, and was going to source the brakes from Precision Brakes because they supposedly had a system engineered for this car, but after hearing about their huge debacle, I'm not sure what to do. So basically, I need a brake system for this car.............

ProdigyCustoms
04-28-2007, 08:26 PM
As for them having a kit. The "custom kits " had the most problems in the old company. A friend, a very well known friend in the industry, likened them to the mafia brake company getting one body part at a time over a 1 year period to get enough parts to make a kit, LOL!

Maybe they have it together now. It would be unfair to judge by past actions.

We can help. There are a few ways to approach this. The rear will require some detailed measurments, possibly new ends and axles. The front, best thing to do is send me the spindle.

How big of a brake kit are you looking for?

J2SpeedandCustom
04-28-2007, 10:18 PM
Stay away like Jody said.

I have a 13" kit from Precision on a 69 Camaro, and a 14" from Prodigy on a 69 Camaro both are Wilwood kits. The Precision brackets, hats, custom stuff doesn't fit at all we had to modify it heavily. The kit from Prodigy was a Wilwood bolt on kit and fit like a dream!

And give Frank a call he is the brake_man. :yes:

speedzone
04-28-2007, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the input. Frank, we will be talking. More than likely I am gonna run a 9" rear, so a disc setup for that will be easy. The original rear has 31 spline axles, and is very strong, but once again, parts cant be found.I was thinking about getting all the Willwood parts and fabricating the brackets and such myself, for the front, but being this is my personal project, my time is very limited to actually work on it. So unless I farm out some of the work, I may never get it done. The main body is on a rotisserri, and I am just now doing the metalwork on the 1/4's, but the rest of the bodywork is finished. Its been more than 2 years, and I am getting very antsy to finish this thing!! The fun part will be bolting together all the cool new parts. The car is HUGE,but it will be BAAAAAAADDD!

ProdigyCustoms
04-28-2007, 11:10 PM
So get me one of those spindles. We will see if there is something we can swap it for. Or we can make you some brackets. Or hook you up with some parts, but it might be difficult to figure out what hubs will work. Now if we could swap for some other spindles, like Chevelle? b Body, etc, then we would be set

speedzone
04-28-2007, 11:21 PM
Frank, unfortunately there are no spindles that will work from another car. All the b-body cars ran their own unique parts through 1970, starting in 71 parts could be interchanged. Brackets will have to be made...........:(

pdq67
05-08-2007, 01:50 PM
Frank,

You want onna my free "pdqCBB" front caliper bracket cardboard templates that mounts a '69 and newer big single piston and a 1/4" wider jaw Van caliper on a 1988 'Vette 13" front rotor using either drum or disc A/F/X forged spindles depending on shims.

Cheapest "CBB" set-up going...

Let me know..

Probably be best to PM me over on Team Camaro b/c I may not check here often enough is all..

pdq67