PDA

View Full Version : 68 Firebird design

city_ofthe_south
04-19-2007, 10:18 AM
Alright, this is my second attempt at flat black, only ... the whole effin car this time. This is a design for my brother's car. Already, post-drawing, changes have been made but there will be other drawings later. The really important part is the flat back and custom glossy hood stripe ... i don't think they will change much from this. right now we have a flat hood with a nice fat dent in the nose that we may end up using over the 400 hood, but he really likes the 400 hood and so do i. flat hoods have become popular and do help keep the lines clean on the over all car but whatever ... money will prolly make the choice in the end. We were going to ditch the door handles but I think they're back in play now. Black Bullitts were the orginal choice, that might also change (not the color though ... maybe). The chrome is going to get painted alluminum or similar to keep with a black on alluminum/silver theme inside and out. emblems are gone except perhaps the pontiac light on the rear quarters. what else? rear spoiler for sure, possible front.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t201/city_ofthe_south/68_Firebird.jpg

XcYZ
04-20-2007, 09:38 AM
Wow! Love it! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Alex396ss
04-20-2007, 09:39 AM
Superclean:unibrow:

Alex

Hdesign
04-20-2007, 10:02 AM
It has a very Mad Max look to it...that's a good thing!:thumbsup:

city_ofthe_south
04-23-2007, 10:12 AM
thanks everybody. we just got the front suspension put back together-ish this weekend. whoohooo! disk brakes, new springs and shocks and allllll new bushings and stuck the front end/frame back under the car. (lots of painting- just got me a couple paint guns for the big stuff) wheels and tires should come in the mail soon. the engine is here too and just needs a few things bolted on. body work will be coming up too cause it needs a LOT of it.... um, more like ALL of it. new door skins, rear quarters, a whole new front fender that was never even there, a little patching on the other. of course, around the windows is shot cause it used to have a vinyl top. there's no interior or floor pans either. boy this list is getting long - i think i'll stop talking about it.