PDA

View Full Version : '67-68 Camaro/Firebird body panel interchangeability?

atomicjoe23
04-19-2007, 09:56 AM
I know that I have read about this before in the past but I can't remember and I haven't been able to find it using the "Search" function either.

Which parts of the '67-68 Firebird's & Camaro's are interchangeable?

If I remember correctly the doors and deck lid are interchangeable, but the front fender panels are not. Obviously I know that components such as the front valance panel, tail light panel, hood, & grill are not interchangeable, but what about the unibody itself? If I remember correctly I think that I have heard that the unibodies are the same with the exception of the tail light panel and the vents in the rear quarters on the Firebird's.

I ask because the '67 Camaro coupe bodies are now available on the aftermarket and it would be nice to be able to use a readily available replacement body if when I get my '67 Firebird coupe media blasted I find much more extensive rust damage that what I am currently expecting. . .hoping for the best since there is no missing paint, no surface rust, and no bubbling paint. . .hoping for just the normal stuff around the wheel wells and the rocker panels if anything at all, but we all know that paint can hide some pretty significant problems.