PDA

View Full Version : anyone have or see ISS seats anywhere?

Flash68
04-19-2007, 02:41 AM
Saw these seats in a nice pro-touring 68 Camaro at the recent Nor Cal Good Guys show. Looked damn good and have the dimensions I am looking for.

http://www.issseating.com/18bucketseat.php

http://www.issseating.com/20bucketseat.php

thanks

Silver69Camaro
04-19-2007, 08:22 AM
Those look like nice seats. But I gotta ask, what about headrests? A small rear-ender could turn into a nightmare.

sick65
04-19-2007, 08:29 AM
The ISS seats are very comfortable. You should be able to buy them direct from ISS. Just give them a call.

Musclerodz
04-19-2007, 09:22 AM
I saw them at the NSRA show here in OKC last weekend. Nice but more aimed towards the hot rod market

Mike

kennyd
04-19-2007, 09:51 AM
you can order them from tracy at the recovery room . 402 235 3800

Flash68
04-19-2007, 07:25 PM
Those look like nice seats. But I gotta ask, what about headrests? A small rear-ender could turn into a nightmare.

It is a valid point, but there are a lot of things that could turn into a nightmare with our high performance, high powered cars.... and I just hate the way 99% of the aftermarket seats stick so high up close to the headliner in the 1st gen. I really like the low back seat style and I will just have to take my chances....

novanutcase
04-19-2007, 07:30 PM
Nice but look kind of street roddish to me! These guys do much the same thing:

http://www.wiseguys-seats.com/catalog_frame_foam.html

John

Flash68
04-19-2007, 07:30 PM
The ISS seats are very comfortable. You should be able to buy them direct from ISS. Just give them a call.

Yep, those links I posted are directly from their website. They sure look comfortable.

novanutcase
04-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Don't mean to hijack your thread but since we're on the subject, does anyone know who makes a lowback with a removable headrest with good sidebolstering?

John

Flash68
04-19-2007, 07:34 PM
you can order them from tracy at the recovery room . 402 235 3800

Recovery Room??

sick65
04-20-2007, 08:24 AM
Recovery Room??

Recovery Room is an interior shop out of Nebraska. He can get you the seats and cover them as well.

The seats may look a little street roddish, but your ass and back will thank you after a long drive. If you are going to the track to race, this is probably not your seat. If you want a great modern look and comfort, I would recommend a pair.

Flash68
04-26-2007, 03:02 AM
Recovery Room is an interior shop out of Nebraska. He can get you the seats and cover them as well.

The seats may look a little street roddish, but your ass and back will thank you after a long drive. If you are going to the track to race, this is probably not your seat. If you want a great modern look and comfort, I would recommend a pair.

Thanks Dennis. I will rarely take this to a track so it should be a good fit.

Okay, let me switch the topic (and maybe it should moved to the Safety Tech section??) but still relating to these seats.

I am about to order these 20" buckets. What is the best harness I could use with a low back seat like this? A 3 point? 4 point?

Dennis, do you or does anyone else have a good idea on this?

thanks

PRRC
04-26-2007, 07:30 AM
We have the 20" ISS seats in the 62 we are building. The are very nice and have plenty of adjustment .
Tim

Flash68
04-26-2007, 11:26 AM
We have the 20" ISS seats in the 62 we are building. The are very nice and have plenty of adjustment .
Tim

Hey Tim, a 62 what?? And what are you going to use for belts/harness?

thanks

RECOVERY ROOM
05-02-2007, 09:57 PM
Recovery Room??
I have sewed up at least 100 iss seats for all kinds of diffrent cars,yes they are geared more towards street rods,but they are awsum for us to work with because i can cut them up to what ever shape i want or style of cars.Glide seats have a bucket with high bolsters that work very good,but you have to have them covered. Recovery Room is the name of my interior shop.click on are logo in the advertisers side bar.

Flash68
05-03-2007, 01:51 AM
I have sewed up at least 100 iss seats for all kinds of diffrent cars,yes they are geared more towards street rods,but they are awsum for us to work with because i can cut them up to what ever shape i want or style of cars.Glide seats have a bucket with high bolsters that work very good,but you have to have them covered. Recovery Room is the name of my interior shop.click on are logo in the advertisers side bar.

Tracy, you have a PM.

RECOVERY ROOM
05-03-2007, 10:52 PM
i am working on getting bids for a foam pack to place on frames that will give a good look for pt style cars,there is a need for a good looking seat that can be produced for a decent price. Using a formed foam is faster and longer lasting than cut and glue.I have sent specs out to diffrent foam companys across the country and am waiting for there replys.I will keep working on this.

RECOVERY ROOM
05-03-2007, 10:53 PM
Tracy, you have a PM.
sent one back at ya

68driver
05-21-2007, 01:40 PM
Do these ISS seats include tracks that match first-gen Camaro mounting points, or do you need to buy / fabricate adapters.

Those 20" seats look great. Anyone installed these with a first-gen factory console? I'm gonna take some measurements tonight.

- Rob C.

Flash68
05-21-2007, 02:32 PM
Do these ISS seats include tracks that match first-gen Camaro mounting points, or do you need to buy / fabricate adapters.

Those 20" seats look great. Anyone installed these with a first-gen factory console? I'm gonna take some measurements tonight.

- Rob C.

Hey Rob- we looked at the brackets you can get from ISS and said no thanks. We are gonna modify the stock 1st gen tracks for these seats. Should have them installed in about a month. Will have pics then. I am not doing a console though, so can't help ya on that.

I saw these seats in a 68 at the recent Goodguys show and said that's what I want...

RECOVERY ROOM
05-23-2007, 01:55 PM
We installed a set in a 69 camaro, and made a bracket to bolt in car,then welded them to the slide tracks.with the Iss seats you have to watch the headroom.I always take the foam pac and cut about 3 inchs off the bottem to get them down on the floor,i will have them covered next week and i can post pics.the owner of this car wanted me to build him more of a street rod style.You will still be able to get an idea of how it looks.