PDA

View Full Version : LF vs RT Golden Legion Doors

bigtyme1
04-16-2007, 10:17 PM
OK, 69 Camaro I have new LF and RT doors. when they are mounted with perfect gaps I need to use 2 washers on the driver side striker, My first thought was the 1/4 were off. But after measuring I found out the Door frames are different from left to right. where the stricker meets the door. The right is 1" from stricker area to the edge of the door. on the left side its 1 3/8" from stricker area to door edge. I bought the doors 2 years ago. So I called the guy and he said no problem bring them back. Tonight we opened up two brand new left doors and they are the same 1 3/8 to the edge. Me being a perfectionist I really want to use the Stainless strickers and they should match on both sides with out washers. What can I do to make it work. I know theres alot of you using after market door how did you get them to work and be even?

96z28ss
04-17-2007, 11:30 AM
Machine one of the door strikers longer.

bigtyme1
04-17-2007, 11:53 AM
That's what I was thinking, I just wasn't sure how hard it would be. I guess I'll have to ask pasqual.

B Schein
04-17-2007, 08:56 PM
My car has original doors and had three washers on the passengers side and on the drivers side from the factory. Where did you buy the doors from sounds like Dennys. He is always good about letting you return stuff you have had for a long time.

bigtyme1
04-18-2007, 05:09 AM
yea Denny is a great guy, he even told me if I find one that was correct he would give me my money back. Are you from the area?

ProdigyCustoms
04-18-2007, 08:49 AM
The striker is not your real problem area. The real trouble is in the door rubber area. Put the rubbers on it before you do anything else. typicaly when the outer skin is lined up, the inner shell is off so much the rubbers will not allow the door to close.

I HATE repo doors. I would rather fix any original door then use any repo door. The other probelm is that they are soft as hell, and if you look at it them worng they dent / ding.

comp-spec
04-18-2007, 09:46 AM
I HATE repo doors. I would rather fix any original door then use any repo door. The other probelm is that they are soft as hell, and if you look at it them worng they dent / ding.[/QUOTE]

I see U like them as much as I do. I WALK BY ONE TO CLOSE THE OTHER DAY AND IT DENTED.

B Schein
04-18-2007, 10:49 AM
I grew up in Harford County MD. My parents still live in Forest Hill. I bought most of my body panels from Denny when I lived up there. Now I deal with NPD down here in charlotte not same level of personal service as the small guys.

bigtyme1
04-18-2007, 04:54 PM
At this point I dont have much of a choice, everybody wants a arm and a leg for OEM doors. I'll just have to make it work some how.