PDA

View Full Version : Glossy or Matte finish for my rendering???

atomicjoe23
04-16-2007, 01:13 PM
All,

I can't make up my mind. . .should I go with a glossy finish or with a matte finish for my artwork? I didn't realize I was going to have an option so now I can't make up my mind.

Here's the rendering:

Hdesign
04-16-2007, 01:38 PM
Are you talking about the whole car or just the stripe? Satin black will look good but satin gray may look like Krylon primer if you're not careful.

That car looks EVIL! Nice!!!:thumbsup:

Great job Brian!!!.....as usual.

atomicjoe23
04-16-2007, 10:05 PM
HDesign. . .I was talking about the paper that I will get the rendering on. Glossy finish paper or matte finish paper.

The car itself will be matte for the black and I'm pretty sure that I agree with you on the stripe. . .probably go glossy with that, but I haven't decided entirely on that. . .in the end the actual shade of the stripe may end up being much closer to the body color.

Let me know what you think about the paper. Thanks.

asaenz
04-17-2007, 05:17 AM
If the car is mostly glossy go w/ glossy.
If the car is mostly flat go w/ matte paper.
Can you get a print of each, glossy and matte then decide?

Cool rendering

Hdesign
04-17-2007, 08:53 AM
I never use glossy paper for renderings. It's more of a personal choice but I don't like the glare and I just think the matte paper looks better. I've always used Epson Premium Quality Matte inkjet paper from my Epson printer. They come in a variety of sizes and as long as you print on the correct (bright) side, it'll look very sharp with great saturation. I've also noticed that matte is a little more scratch resistant than glossy.

Brian probably has his own preferences and can offer more insight I'm sure.