PDA

View Full Version : wiring kits

CraigMorrison
04-28-2005, 08:43 AM
Just curious what kits you guys are using for wiring up your cars. I've used Ron Francis and Painless on past projects....... Has anybody used American Auto Wire? Anyway, would like to hear what your using and if you would use that kit again. THANKS!

shanekennedy
04-28-2005, 09:25 AM
i've ordered the AA kit, but haven't received it yet. got it 20% off thru classic-industries recent sale. from what i've read it includes most of the connectors already attached providing for an easier install.

MarkM66
04-28-2005, 09:48 AM
EZ-wire. Cheap, and comes with GM style plugs. :D

JohnM69SS
04-28-2005, 02:06 PM
I used Factory Fit wiring kits for my car, which I purchaed through Ricks First Gen (www.rickscamaros.com). When I put the new wiring next to the old wiring, they looked correct and the fittings were the same as the original GM factory fittings. Then again, I was looking for a correct replacement and you might not need that.

I was very pleased.

conekiller13
05-03-2005, 09:47 AM
I used Painless 18 circuit kit last time I put the car together. The hardest part was pulling out the factory wiring. This time I'm going with Painless 12 circuit mini fuse kit.

race-rodz
06-03-2005, 03:23 PM
i have installed several ron francis kits... with mixed feelings. i have never ever had any kind of problem with them.... but i do not like the fact that all the terminals are "crimp-it-forget-it" where they tie into the main panel. the part in the directions where they tell you to stack terminals on top of each other is also kind of a joke. like i said... no problems.... but i just dont think its the best way to do it. on my newest project i am going to run an EZ wire kit...for the simple fact the panel is prewired. have never run a painless kit... so i cant honestly say anything about it.

69MyWay
06-03-2005, 06:42 PM
Lots of good luck with Painless wires here.....