PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: 70-73 Camaro RS (details within)

carbuff
04-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Hello everyone,

Perhaps someone out there in the WWW world can help me. I'm shopping for a new car to base my next project on. I have some specific wants, but am flexible on some things as well.

Must haves:

1970 - 1973 Camaro Rally Sport

Nice to haves:

Black in color
Automatic tranny
High rear spoiler
All original sheetmetal

I know those are short lists. There is more, not to worry. I'm specifically trying to find a car that has the body and paint work already done. I've been going back and forth, but I realize that I just don't have the time right now to do the body work on a new project. I really want a black with white stripe car, although I would consider a few other colors (red or one of the new darker blues). I prefer the original sheetmetal where possible, but not completely required. I actually would like to remove the emblems from the car at some point, so if that's been done as part of the above work, all the better.

I would be happy to find a car with no engine / transmission, since I will almost guaranteed replace those anyway. However, a fully drivable car is fine so that I can enjoy and evaluate what exactly I want to do for a while.

You are probably starting to get the picture that if I could find a project that someone just isn't going to complete, that would be great (provided it meets the above).

I will leave it at this for now. If I remember anything else that I'm specifically looking for, I will add it to the list later. Feel free to post here or email me (should be in my profile) if you have something which might fit the bill. Or if you run across one on a Craigslist type site, forward 'em along. I'm in Central Texas and get to North Carolina regularly, so anything close to those areas would be great, but again not required. I know a few people around the country that can help me out checking out cars...

Thanx for everyone's help!
Bryan