PDA

View Full Version : Convertible owners PT cars

bigtyme1
04-05-2007, 09:18 AM
Are you guys still using the cocktail shakers in the rag tops? I'm thinking with the right suspension set up there not needed?

ProdigyCustoms
04-05-2007, 10:45 AM
Oh Hell NO! That is 200LBS. And the last set I sodl brought $600 on ebay after a little clean up and paint

69Lt4
04-05-2007, 02:33 PM
I haven't been actively looking for some, but I do need some. Let me know if you want to sell them.
Thanks,
Kevin

PTAddict
04-05-2007, 03:09 PM
Are you guys still using the cocktail shakers in the rag tops? I'm thinking with the right suspension set up there not needed?

It's not the suspension setup, it's body rigidity mods. My '67 convert has DSE frame ties, a 4 point bar, and the HTH truck arm cross member welded in, and now I'm not using cocktail shakers and get very little cowl shake. But before those mods, the cowl shake without the dampers was absolutely ridiculous. It was worse after I stiffened the suspension with springs, shocks, sway bars, bushings.

bigtyme1
04-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Thanks Guys, I guess I'll hold onto them until the build is done just incase. I'm not doing as much mods as you guys and I don't want to get rid of them just yet.

Frank, Send me some business cards with my next order, I'll be down in may if I get time to visit will go out for a brew.

68protouring454
04-05-2007, 08:02 PM
pretty sure i have a complete set of 68's, sandblasted and primed interested? pm me

bigtyme1
01-03-2008, 08:35 PM
ok, I got a guy who offered me 500.00 for my set. Worst case if I sold them and there is a problem, is there a solution? General consensis on this sight is to loose, take the money and run.

ProdigyCustoms
01-03-2008, 10:51 PM
Last 69 set I watched brought $650 on E bay. I would e bay them first.

68LS1
01-04-2008, 11:43 PM
Thanks Guys, I guess I'll hold onto them until the build is done just incase. I'm not doing as much mods as you guys and I don't want to get rid of them just yet.

As another convertible owner I'd definitely hang on to them, drive car with & without them and then decide. I drove a standard Firebird without them and it was terrible.

Mine is still not on the road, but was surprised/impressed with how much body stiffened with DSE weld in SFC, so may work without them.

cheers Roger

Rick Dorion
01-05-2008, 06:14 AM
I do not have mine in and with welded sfc's, solid body bushings and a 8-pt cage don't have any issues. Although tempting to sell them to fund other purchases I'm thinking of hanging on to them in the event I ever buy another vert that's missing them.