PDA

View Full Version : Seat suggestions?

Blown353
04-25-2005, 02:36 PM
Looking for aftermarket seat suggestions guys. Now that my 87 'Vette has sold I have some "fun money." The Chevelle needs seats, BADLY. The stock seats look great but offer ZERO lateral support.

I definately want seats that utilize the factory mounts. I have Sparco Milanos and Recaro Sport's in mind right now; I believe each are available with tracks to fit my factory mounts.

Any other suggestions for comfy yet supportive seats? Looking to keep the price under $1000 per seat. 4-point belt provisions would be a very big plus as I plan on putting some monkeybars in the car when it comes apart for paint, at which time I'll add the 4-points.

BTW, for fitment suggestions, I'm 5'10" 150 lbs. Large/wide seats don't do so well with me as I'll flop around in them. :P

Troy

almcbri
04-25-2005, 03:08 PM
www.corbeau.com

spaztikatik
04-25-2005, 09:02 PM
corbeaus CR-1's are extremely popular from both price and selection, they seem to seat me just fine, i'm 6'2" and 195 lbs, and that's what i'll be using. Sparco makes damn good seats if you can bite yourself for buying them...

my .02

Blown353
04-26-2005, 12:05 AM
Whoa, the Corbeau's are 13 lbs per seat lighter than the Sparco! The Milanos are 44 lbs, while the CR-1's are 27 lbs.

Then again, the Sparco's are TUV certified which I'm sure has something to do with their weight.

So far so good guys... any more suggestions?

I'm either buying seats for the car or building another rifle, it's going to be a tough decision. :P

468Camaro
03-19-2013, 08:45 AM
I like the Race seats out there..but some of them look Collosal-? in a First Gen Camaro.. I think you have a better window" of what looks Right.. with a Chevelle build.. I like C5 Vette seats !