PDA

View Full Version : Gen 1 mechanical linkage LS1

johnny rockett
03-31-2007, 03:35 PM
Can anybody tell me if there is an adaptor offered to retain the mechanical linkage of a gen 1 camaro to the lSX serires of engines. I want to use the TKO 600 behind the LS1 but retain the mechanical linkage of my 67 Camaro.
Thanks in advance for the ideas.:thumbsup:

JimM
04-08-2007, 01:34 PM
kinda old post, hope you're still looking for an answer...
I just been through a question and answer on another site about this.

LSX motors in fourthgen Camaro's have a cable linkage, just use that throttle body. Lokar has a cable kit. A firstgen Camaro with a 6 cylinder motor has a gas pedal made for a cable, as does 70 and newer Nova's. Put em all togther and you have an LSX without drive ny wire in a firstgen.

Forget the stock linkage rod. Even if you could get it over or thru the LSX manifold, it's looks would leave a bit to be desired.

Mkelcy
04-08-2007, 02:04 PM
kinda old post, hope you're still looking for an answer...
I just been through a question and answer on another site about this.

LSX motors in fourthgen Camaro's have a cable linkage, just use that throttle body. Lokar has a cable kit. A firstgen Camaro with a 6 cylinder motor has a gas pedal made for a cable, as does 70 and newer Nova's. Put em all togther and you have an LSX without drive ny wire in a firstgen.

Forget the stock linkage rod. Even if you could get it over or thru the LSX manifold, it's looks would leave a bit to be desired.

Jim: I think, based on his mentioning that he's got the TKO600, that he's referring to a mechanical clutch linkage.

To answer the question, yes, both Lakewood and McLeod make bellhousings that should bolt to the LSx engine and your TKO. You'll have to fabicate an inner Z bar mounting point (the LSx's don't have one), likely shorten the Z bar, and maybe play with the clutch fork pivot height to get the geometry right depnding on where your LSx motor mounts put the engine.

johnny rockett
04-09-2007, 08:08 AM
Well actually both you guys have helped......I was referring to the mechanical clutch linkage. I figured something could be fabbed but with the popularity of these first gen's I thought maybe there was somebody fabing something already.
Thanks again!