PDA

View Full Version : Make them Sinister?.. or keep them Shinier?.. help me choose, mang!

Mr.VENGEANCE
03-28-2007, 10:14 AM
Alrighty..

ive been debating powdercoating my Boyds for a LONG time..
and now im getting antsy about the idea..

the difference is tho is that i want to black the lips too.. also they will be a matte black.

the car is blacked out alot of things and im planning to PC the chrome trim but keep some of the chrome here and there. like the marquez lights.

so... peep the pics and vote!

Shinier..
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/VenomousType/Blackwheels2.jpg
Sinister...
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/VenomousType/Blackwheels1.jpg
Shiny..
http://www.hostdub.com/albums/DarkDemon/VenomisAngle.jpg
Sinister..
http://www.hostdub.com/albums/DarkDemon/VenomisAngleBlack.jpg

awr68
04-01-2007, 03:04 PM
I agree something needs to be done to not be so main stream...but I don't care fot the all black...unless you are a big fan of Night Rider! :lol:

What i would do is powder paint the centers and do a brushed lip. This will help tone down the wheels without going overboard. Also what trim you wanted to leave shinny should go brushed as well. Just my thoughts!! :thumbsup:

mazspeed
04-01-2007, 04:11 PM
I agree with Anthony 100 percent. The brushed look on the outer rim is killer looking with a power coated center. That's my next wheel as well.

jy211
04-03-2007, 09:54 AM
powdercoat the wheel lips and leave the center???

JayR
04-18-2007, 08:09 PM
powdercoat the wheel lips and leave the center???

They'll blend in with the tires and lose the total diameter so I'd suggest satin-black out the centers and satin finish or polish the hoops.

96z28ss
04-18-2007, 08:44 PM
paint the centers black but give the lip a brushed look.

Leadfoot1
04-29-2007, 07:21 PM
AAaaaahhhhh, now i get your comment on Mizfits car... (haden't seen this post)

How about dropping the rear and another model of wheel?

Not sure on the all black theme. it tends to kill the wheel.

Lead.

californiacuda
04-30-2007, 09:58 AM
How about a silver/metalic grey double stripe down the middle of the car body? Use a matt finnish dark grey on the wheels. Nice looking car.

GBodyGMachine
04-30-2007, 06:32 PM
I kind of dig the all Black. Makes it look EVIL:evil: .

Mr.VENGEANCE
04-30-2007, 07:41 PM
AAaaaahhhhh, now i get your comment on Mizfits car... (haden't seen this post)

How about dropping the rear and another model of wheel?

Not sure on the all black theme. it tends to kill the wheel.

Lead.

kinda ironic that i asked him to help me source a set of Iforged wheels that i am going to do all black only to not get back to me and post up what you saw.. and you see the date of this thread too.

makes you go.. hmm...:rolleyes: :rofl:

either way.. my Iforged are on their way.. and yes they are all black except the bolts..
and oh yea the rear is dropped now too.. ahhaha new Gbar in the rear with coils now.. MUCH better.

so the harms are going bye bye

rockatanski
05-05-2007, 09:18 AM
i dunno what you guys would think of like a deep bronze - thay seems to go good on black or white cars imho.

or if thats a little too...importey, maybe gunmetal instead of bodycolor matched black? that way the wheels are still set off a little bit, but they dont draw as much attention as when they were shiny.

John Larson
05-10-2007, 06:05 PM
After looking at the car and the other comments, I think the black center w/ brushed rim would look cool. Having said that, do you want this to be our car or yours?

DarKnight
05-24-2007, 03:24 PM
how much do you want for your old wheels...unpainted??

Mr.VENGEANCE
05-30-2007, 07:08 PM
yea my wheels arent painted.. i got a new set.. if you want them IM me..:thumbsup:

nowukno
06-19-2007, 05:32 PM
I like it,but I would like to see what it looks like with the polished lip.Did you PC your grill? I like that,Might do that to my el camino's grill but in the cedar wood metallic..

StanBo
11-01-2007, 04:06 PM
I am new here and don't know many of your cars but thought I would throw this out there.

I see the car is keeping with an all black theme. The calipers are currently red so I took this into effect when offering this:

Black base with possibly a red wine or rootbeer pearl? It would keep with the all black them but bring something out when looked at in the right light and angle.

:unibrow:

steemin
11-02-2007, 08:28 AM
I vote sinister.
Although I would like to see photoshops of a black center with a polished lip and black center with a brushed lip.
Just enough IMHO to work well with the side exhaust...
I am thinking about doing this on my 70 Nova with 17" Centerline Meteors.
The car is LeMans Blue with a black vinyl top and I think the black with polished billet lips will pull it all together...
By the way your car looks great!!
Scott

Spiffav8
11-05-2007, 01:59 AM
NO, NO, NO, NO! The black wheels are a BIG no!

Great car looks awesome but the black wheels will kill it. To much of a good thing. Need to break it up just a tad so it's not over kill.

Wayne S
11-05-2007, 01:16 PM
Although I really like the sinister look on certain cars, those particular wheels need to stay shiny chrome, to bring out the details.

My vote shinier....but this thread was made back in March...so what's happened since?

slyck68
11-08-2007, 02:41 PM
What size wheels are those anyway?! And my 2 cents, satin hoops, black centers!

BallnRods
11-08-2007, 02:50 PM
I believe he's selling the wheels, unpainted.

Did you ever get the iForged wheels if so post some pics.

buickfunnycar.com
11-08-2007, 02:57 PM
I agree something needs to be done to not be so main stream...but I don't care fot the all black...unless you are a big fan of Night Rider! :lol:

What i would do is powder paint the centers and do a brushed lip. This will help tone down the wheels without going overboard. Also what trim you wanted to leave shinny should go brushed as well. Just my thoughts!! :thumbsup:

Man with great taste.:thumbsup: ...that's exactly what I'd do too.
Too much black is just...too much black.I'd rather see a brushed rim with dark gray or flat gray centers.All billet generally isn't my friend...with my only exception being Black cars.
Ultimately it's your car...and your choice.Good luck and please post up your finished project.

Mr.VENGEANCE
11-08-2007, 03:11 PM
hey guys..

oldy thread.. my old wheels are long gone.. somewhere tearing it up in Luxembourg.

anyways..

i didnt QUITE go for all black.

I did get the Iforged..

the are Hyperblack centers.. aluminum bolts.. and Gunmetal Grey LIPS!

my car is a combination of gunmetal grey and black accents..

the thing about all black is that its a gutsy route to take.. being that its all black..

but i dont mind because im not looking to fit in or anyone to like it.. Im building this for me.. noone else.. other than my son.

but i did decide COMPLETELY black wasnt where i wanted to be. i think the lips will be a cool look..

i still havent decided the trim yet.. i already have powdercoated black trim but the car isnt finished.. so.. when its all done ill find out that one.

buickfunnycar.com
11-08-2007, 03:26 PM
hey guys..

oldy thread.. my old wheels are long gone.. somewhere tearing it up in Luxembourg.

anyways..

i didnt QUITE go for all black.

I did get the Iforged..

the are Hyperblack centers.. aluminum bolts.. and Gunmetal Grey LIPS!

my car is a combination of gunmetal grey and black accents..

the thing about all black is that its a gutsy route to take.. being that its all black..

but i dont mind because im not looking to fit in or anyone to like it.. Im building this for me.. noone else.. other than my son.

but i did decide COMPLETELY black wasnt where i wanted to be. i think the lips will be a cool look..

i still havent decided the trim yet.. i already have powdercoated black trim but the car isnt finished.. so.. when its all done ill find out that one.

Soooo...where are the pictures?:rolleyes:

OOCustoms
12-02-2007, 10:17 PM
ALL BLACK ALL THE WAY! yeah it may be what a lot of people do but so is all polished and the outer ring polished with black centers. I love it all black!! if you want to be diff then do somthing like all black but tap of jsut the faces of the blades so they stand out but the inner curves are black and so are the lips. that might look sick too!

skatinjay27
01-23-2008, 09:49 AM
omg when will this thread die!!!!! lol its old people he sold those wheel a while back.

Wayne S
01-23-2008, 10:27 AM
Well, no one had responded to this thread for 7 WEEKS! I'd consider that dead.

Thank yourself for bringing it back.

skatinjay27
01-23-2008, 07:54 PM
Well, no one had responded to this thread for 7 WEEKS! I'd consider that dead.

Thank yourself for bringing it back.
wth i must be lossing my mind... i could have swore someone else posted above me and this thread was at the top of the section :_paranoid lol

va72mlibu
01-24-2008, 06:15 AM
someone voted in the poll and bumped it up

Mr.VENGEANCE
08-05-2010, 03:38 AM
holy crap someone bumped this old school thread!

brraiiinnnzzz!!!!

Pete68
08-24-2010, 12:34 AM
Running black on my 68

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/173/3981/25431990020_large.jpg

98ssnova
08-29-2010, 02:14 PM
Running black on my 68

DUDE that looks good...

tones2SS
08-29-2010, 07:21 PM
DUDE that looks good...

I concur!! Looks killer!:thumbsup: :cheers:

CreepinDeth
09-07-2010, 12:10 AM
paint the centers black but give the lip a brushed look.

Agreed with this one.

I'm going to be doing the same to mine on my 78z. Sick of the polishing annually.
Plus black is the new chrome. Chrome has been around for 80 years.....time to modernize. :cool: