PDA

View Full Version : Sema 2007

bigtyme1
03-28-2007, 09:57 AM
Registration opens 04/02/07. Non-Exhibiting Manufacturers will only be permitted two registrants per company. Infants or individuals under the age of 16 will not be admitted. Childcare will not be available.

What to do?

camcojb
03-28-2007, 11:05 AM
Registration opens 04/02/07. Non-Exhibiting Manufacturers will only be permitted two registrants per company. Infants or individuals under the age of 16 will not be admitted. Childcare will not be available.

What to do?

Now sure what your question is.

Jody

bigtyme1
03-28-2007, 01:27 PM
Why only 2 people per company?

camcojb
03-28-2007, 01:37 PM
Why only 2 people per company?

All new non-exhibiting companies can only have two people starting last year. And to my knowledge one of them cannot be an employee, it must be your spouse.

My guess is they want you to pay for a booth, that is their main goal. So they let two of you in on the hopes that you will see it and get a booth the next year. Once you have a booth you can have several people join you.

At least that's how it was explained to me.

Jody

Musclerodz
03-28-2007, 01:56 PM
All new non-exhibiting companies can only have two people starting last year. And to my knowledge one of them cannot be an employee, it must be your spouse.

My guess is they want you to pay for a booth, that is their main goal. So they let two of you in on the hopes that you will see it and get a booth the next year. Once you have a booth you can have several people join you.

At least that's how it was explained to me.

Jody
Glad I am coming solo

Mike

chucks73
03-28-2007, 03:47 PM

Jody

I agree with you about the two people, But as far as last year it was two employees. There was an option for spouse.

Musclerodz
04-02-2007, 12:32 PM
I got my hotel registration and staying at the Flamingo. Just talked with registration and unless you have attended before, new applicants can't register for the show until April 6. Got a good deal on the room through AAIW, $142 per night for 1 bed.

Mike

Hdesign
04-02-2007, 12:43 PM
Mike, Did you call AAIW? Online registration is still unavailable....that sounds like a great deal.

Fluid Power
04-02-2007, 01:01 PM
I just registered as well (online) It appears you can have a spouse AND an employee.

Darren

chucks73
04-02-2007, 02:17 PM

What to do?

I called and talked to someone at SEMA and the key word is Manufacturers If you are not exhibiting and are not a manufacturer then the the two limit does not apply.

camcojb
04-02-2007, 02:26 PM
I called and talked to someone at SEMA and the key word is Manufacturers If you are not exhibiting and are not a manufacturer then the the two limit does not apply.

I am not exhibiting and not a manufacturer (listed as a buyer) and they limited me to 2 people.

Won't let me register yet. I think I deleted the e-mail with the link, so I went to their site and says no-go.

Jody

Musclerodz
04-02-2007, 02:44 PM
Mike, Did you call AAIW? Online registration is still unavailable....that sounds like a great deal.
I did call them direct.

Mike

Hdesign
04-02-2007, 03:15 PM
I called too, I guess I'm all set now with the event registration anyway. Still need to reserve the hotel though.

I'm stuck between Flamingo and Riviera. Any reviews on either?

bigtyme1
04-17-2007, 11:55 AM
I got my hotel registration and staying at the Flamingo. Just talked with registration and unless you have attended before, new applicants can't register for the show until April 6. Got a good deal on the room through AAIW, $142 per night for 1 bed.

Mike

I will be at the Flamingo as well. I did get my tickets also.

camcojb
04-17-2007, 12:27 PM
I called too, I guess I'm all set now with the event registration anyway. Still need to reserve the hotel though.

I'm stuck between Flamingo and Riviera. Any reviews on either?

All the cool guys and gals stay at Flamingo! :D Actually, last year was our first year at that hotel, and we were impressed. Cool margarita bar, and the shuttle stops at the hotel, so getting to/from SEMA is a 5 minute deal.

Jody

Musclerodz
04-17-2007, 05:04 PM
I got my email to day to register so all that is left to do if get a good deal on a flight.

Mike

nvawgn
04-19-2007, 10:34 PM
i am planing on going this year with my wife, how do i get in if i am not a manufacturer, is there any way i can go?

xplantdad
04-23-2007, 12:43 PM
I registered a week ago. Went last year for the first time. I did it all online. If I'm not able to make it...I'm only out 15 bucks at this point...LOL:D

Someone could always get a fake ID and go as "me":rolleyes:

Spiffav8
05-02-2007, 04:23 PM
i am planing on going this year with my wife, how do i get in if i am not a manufacturer, is there any way i can go?

I'm in the same boat. If you find anymore info please let me know. I live in Las Vegas and would be happy to haul anyone around that might be staying a bit further away from the event. Also I say we all meet up at ISLA for dinner...it's my favorite place in all of Las Vegas to eat.

Hdesign
05-02-2007, 04:48 PM
All the cool guys and gals stay at Flamingo! :D Actually, last year was our first year at that hotel, and we were impressed. Cool margarita bar, and the shuttle stops at the hotel, so getting to/from SEMA is a 5 minute deal.

Jody

LOL, I guess I'm not cool this year. I'm staying at the Riviera, just a walk across the street to LVCC, no monorail necessary from what I've heard.

Hey, is it too early to start asking about a Lat-G dinner? Last year was awesome, I had a blast meeting everyone!

bigtyme1
05-02-2007, 06:35 PM
Glad you could make it Ben, I'm in for the G Party as well!

HRBS
05-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Got my confirmation today.
I just gotta book the hotel now.
I'll do it tonight if I can get my a$$ in gear :willy: !

stg2ROUSH
06-04-2007, 10:27 PM
Ok , i was on sema's site a couple of days ago, and seems as if you regester as a non-active member, as an officer of a car club , you can get into the show, is that true???? just curious. thanks for any kind of help I know this site rocks like the other two great ones I'm on:hail:

nvawgn
06-20-2007, 11:08 PM
Ok , i was on sema's site a couple of days ago, and seems as if you regester as a non-active member, as an officer of a car club , you can get into the show, is that true???? just curious. thanks for any kind of help I know this site rocks like the other two great ones I'm on:hail:

i would like to go too, anybody?:willy:

race-rodz
06-21-2007, 01:15 AM

Jody

soooooooooooooo..... if i make reservations at the flamingo...does that mean im in the "cool" crowd??:_paranoid

race-rodz
06-21-2007, 01:18 AM
actually i dont care if im "cool"...i just need to know if anybody will help my g/f drag my drunken/passed out a$$ back to the room:D

camcojb
06-21-2007, 09:22 AM
actually i dont care if im "cool"...i just need to know if anybody will help my g/f drag my drunken/passed out a$$ back to the room:D

Scott'll video it, will that help??!!!! :lol:

race-rodz
06-21-2007, 01:00 PM
gold coast it is:lol:

HAULNSS
06-25-2007, 11:43 PM
Registered! :thumbsup:

Just trying to decide which rental car to abuse. :unibrow: :lol:

actually i dont care if im "cool"...i just need to know if anybody will help my g/f drag my drunken/passed out a$$ back to the room

Please post pics of the G/F before anyone decides if we help out. ;)
:rofl:

Randy

bigtyme1
07-26-2007, 10:00 PM
Got the air tickets today, there still pretty cheap. 189.00 round trip, Anybody staying at the Flamingo we can spit a limo to the G Party if they have one this year. Good Idea Jason....

HRBS
07-27-2007, 07:51 AM
Hey... Scott any details on that G-Party ?