PDA

View Full Version : Arizen Racing Seats in a G-Body

Buick Motorsports
03-27-2007, 09:00 PM
has anyone done this?

I have decided to go with Arizen and hope that someone can help with the mounting situation.

Payton King
03-29-2007, 07:59 AM
Sorry no help. Did you speak with them about it?

Buick Motorsports
03-29-2007, 02:45 PM
Sorry no help. Did you speak with them about it?

Hey Payton,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I did talk to Mark directly, but he had no experience with regard to g-body installations. However, I have to say that he is one of the nicest guys I've talked to.

As it looks, i will likely have a local shop here fabricate the mounts so the seats are no higher than the stock configuration.

jeff hanson
03-29-2007, 08:42 PM
Good luck with the mounts. Hopefully won't be to bad. I have these seats going in my car and would also like to give a shout out to Mark. Definitely very informative and extremely helpful.:thumbsup:

Payton King
03-30-2007, 12:20 PM
1st gen camaros have a flat floor, so I can mount the flat plates directly to it after drilling some holes. You should be able to place the seat where you like at the height that you like and just fab up some legs. You could aways use your stock seat tracks and modify those.

Either way a very easy job and the product is outstanding. I had mine made with a hounds tooth insert for a little retro flair.

deuce_454
04-06-2007, 03:22 AM
g-body seats are flat underneath, and the seat sliders bolt onto the seat with 4 bolts, not unlike the aftermerket seats you are thinking of installing. ut is a matter of relocating the holes in the sliders, possibly weldibg tabs to the sliders and you are motoring.. id say a two hour job once the original seats are out..