PDA

View Full Version : new guy on the block

Moose
04-22-2005, 05:38 PM
well like a lot of others, I bought my dream car when I was a teenager.

Picked up this 69 camaro last week. and I'm gonig to try my best to make a pro touring car out it..

http://www.richardf.com/juiced01ss/pics/69_Staging_Lane.jpg

I'm coming from the 4th gen LS1tech group.. I had a 10 sec all motor WS6. I plan on putting a ls1 in this car, but I want to get the suspension, rims and tires, and brakes done. Then the motor.. :yes:

Any help in pointers, to get me to the goal would be greatly appreciated...

Mike

BC69
04-22-2005, 05:43 PM
Welcome to the site! Car looks awesome, but a few of us here are partial to the color scheme! Looks like it will be an good start to your pro-touring car. Just a warning, being around here will turn that thing into a full blown insane pro-touring setup really fast. If you say, "What should I do" beware lol...the minds in here will just blow you away.

Welcome
Tim

jonny51
04-22-2005, 06:07 PM
Welcome aboard Mike,that's a nice project you have there :)

Steve68
04-22-2005, 07:14 PM
Watch out addiction run deep within these here pages, Nice car, sorta looks like another red 69 we've seen, the owner went with a LS1, and a blower, Nice car, Steve

907rs
04-23-2005, 01:41 AM
Welcome to the board, Mike.

Can you re-post the pic?......... I can't see it!! :)

Moose
04-23-2005, 06:18 AM
Watch out addiction run deep within these here pages, Nice car, sorta looks like another red 69 we've seen, the owner went with a LS1, and a blower, Nice car, Steve

I went througgh that stage with my 4th gen.. :) I'm hoping this time that I come out with a car I can drive just about anywhere I want to..

the hardest part for me so far, is just picking out wheels.

I want to get it right the first time, and not buy wheels twice. :willy:

almcbri
04-23-2005, 06:28 AM
first off welcome to the board.

Your gonna love this place, a great group of guys with a ton of information.
nice car by the way. What are your plans as far as "what will you be doing with the car" street use, racetrack? good luck,

Andrew

Moose
04-23-2005, 08:57 AM
Andrew..

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.. :hail:

my plans for the car are mainly street use, some drag racing.. I Had a roll bar in my 4th gen and will never do that again in my street car.

I want a really nice crusier, that i can go to the local shows and hang out with my friends. But I also want a car that doesn't lose to every honda on the block.. :D

XcYZ
04-23-2005, 09:37 AM
Welcome, Moose. :thumbsup: That's an awesome color combo you have there. :D

camcojb
04-23-2005, 09:42 AM
Welcome Mike, nice to see you made it over here! :thumbsup: I'm assuming you're the same "Moose" from the Pro Touring board.

Beautiful car. :)

Jody

jannes_z-28
04-23-2005, 01:05 PM
Welcome, nice to see another Z being PTed.

Jan

907rs
04-23-2005, 05:42 PM
Hey, I can see it now. Looks great, Mike! As much as everyone says red 69's are like belly buttons, I feel there can never be too many in this world.

Kind of like baseball and apple pie. :thumbsup:

Moose
04-24-2005, 11:04 AM
Hey, I can see it now. Looks great, Mike! As much as everyone says red 69's are like belly buttons, I feel there can never be too many in this world.

Kind of like baseball and apple pie. :thumbsup:

I was looking for a hugger orange one, but, everything I found in reasonable shape was 17000 and up..

I got this one for a lot less and it has a Brand new ZZ4 crate motor in it..:):)

Steve Chryssos
04-24-2005, 07:41 PM
Welcome to our club. Nice car. We LUV helping other members choose parts--especially wheels. What do you have in mind?

Moose
04-24-2005, 08:30 PM
My ideas that i'm sure i'm doing..

Global west upper a-arms.. (Just not sure what the difference is on yearone.com between 597$ ones, and 771$ ones)

QA1 coilover and shocks for the front. (doing this, because i plan on a LS1 conversion in the next year,, I'm coming from the 4th gen group..) :):)

I'm also doing a brake setup.. I'm looking at wilwood and baer, just not sure on which kit..

now Wheels..

I like the torq thurst wheels. Problem is a lot have gone that route.
I also like the fiske FM5'S. Not sure on pricing..
next are the budnik wheels Fontana, Tiller, Gasser.

I'm looking for a wheel that is a 5 spoke style, with a nice finish..

jonny51
04-24-2005, 11:15 PM
The Fikse FM5s run in the $800-$1000 per wheel area depending on size.