PDA

View Full Version : Big Doggie

Steve Chryssos
12-01-2004, 08:14 AM
Wow! There are some amazing cars under construction. Looks like if you want to be top dog in 05/06, you'd better have a full custom frame, full custom suspension that works, and the like. A few of the cars even have channeled bodies so they will look like airbag cars but handle like true supercars. I won't name names for fear of leaving anyone out. But congrats to all of you for for having the guts and gumption for elevating the game without losing sight of functionality. And congrats to Scott for showcasinng these special rides.

I--for one--cannot wait!!!

Ricochet
12-01-2004, 08:40 AM
But congrats to all of you for for having the guts and gumption for elevating the game without losing sight of functionality.

I agree with you, Steve!! The bar keeps getting raised! Where it used to be a handful of cars were "Over the Top" now they seem to be popping up everywhere like weeds. Function seems to be the #1 mindset for most & this time around that is my main goal more than anything!!

Big thumbs up for Scott for having his fingers in the middle of all this for us to enjoy!!

BC69
12-01-2004, 12:33 PM
I think its cool now that alot of private owners/builders are able to build cars just as good as the big name shops are putting out. The playing field has leveled and its up to the imagination of the builder to take the next step.

And of course to a Thumbs Up to Scott whos a perfect example of an owner/builder bring his own car to the next level. Thanks

Tim

Stuart Adams
12-01-2004, 03:26 PM
Scott and Jody deserve alot of credit for allowing us to support our disease in a civilized manner. Keep it up.

jonny51
12-01-2004, 03:46 PM
Hey Stuart what type of distributer does your yellow car have?

camcojb
12-01-2004, 04:03 PM
Hey Stuart what type of distributer does your yellow car have?

MSD #85561

Jody

XcYZ
12-01-2004, 04:38 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words. It's amazing how something this big has grown from just having a few pictures of mine and Trush's on my ISP provided webspace. Lateral-g is averaging just shy of 150,000 hits per day moving right around 1.6gig of data per day. It's just amazing.

Ricochet
12-01-2004, 04:42 PM
I have a brand new one for sale..I think it's the same number. I will check if you are need of one.

XcYZ
12-01-2004, 04:49 PM
Hey, you Nor-Cal guys, stay on topic! :p

Hydratech®
12-01-2004, 04:53 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words. It's amazing how something this big has grown from just having a few pictures of mine and Trush's on my ISP provided webspace. Lateral-g is averaging just shy of 150,000 hits per day moving right around 1.6gig of data per day. It's just amazing.

I'm predicting that these numbers will be atleast 10 times the current levels in less than 6 months (!) ;)

jonny51
12-01-2004, 04:53 PM
Anybody seen Spiderman 2? LOL jk Scott\

The reason I asked about the distributer was because of the black cap.Can you get one for MSDs or is that paint or?

XcYZ
12-01-2004, 04:55 PM
Jonny, don't make me come out there. Again. :D

jonny51
12-01-2004, 04:57 PM
Jonny, don't make me come out there. Again. :D

Now your just looking for a reason to come here!

907rs
12-01-2004, 07:32 PM
Anybody seen Spiderman 2? LOL jk Scott\

The reason I asked about the distributer was because of the black cap.Can you get one for MSDs or is that paint or?

Jonny, you don't need that distributor unless you're doing a tall deck block.
You should be able to pick up a black cap just about anywhere. :)

Scott, I'd like to see ya come up here! :D

Ummgawa
12-01-2004, 07:38 PM
Oh BIIILLLL

I believe I am stil kickin butt, my friend... :D

jonny51
Thanks Bill,I was just curious were the black cap came from.Somebody told me I couldnt get one for an MSD.I guess my rookiness is showing :(

Ummgawa
Well Crap we're dead even again.

907rs
12-01-2004, 07:46 PM
No we're not Jim!

Ummgawa
12-01-2004, 07:50 PM
I have a tradition of existance to my family and to the community at large, Bill, and I will not go quietly into the night.

67Sally
12-01-2004, 08:50 PM
Wow! There are some amazing cars under construction. Looks like if you want to be top dog in 05/06, you'd better have a full custom frame, full custom suspension that works, and the like. A few of the cars even have channeled bodies so they will look like airbag cars but handle like true supercars. I won't name names for fear of leaving anyone out. But congrats to all of you for for having the guts and gumption for elevating the game without losing sight of functionality. And congrats to Scott for showcasinng these special rides.

I--for one--cannot wait!!!

I totally agree!

Keith
12-01-2004, 09:22 PM
If it weren't for the likes of sites like these and people like Scott, there's no way the average person could have access to the knowledgebase needed to build a car that could compete on any professional level. My girlfriend and I are real rookies when it comes to playing in the area with the big boys but we have passion and some really awesome people like you guys supporting us and helping us facillitate our ideas. It's no full custom, 100K ride but it's hopfully going to turn some heads. I'm extremely grateful to have a venue that allows us to share this with other people... :cool:

Stuart Adams
12-01-2004, 09:56 PM
Jonny 51, Jody is correct - Mallory Pro Built Billett Dist. Part Number 85561.

Musclerodz
12-01-2004, 10:41 PM
I say hats off to everyone here for building top quality cars that perform as well as they look. With the increase in exposure in magazines and on TV, it won't be long before everybody is jumping on the band wagon. I hope we can keep this trend grounded so it doesn't fade away like so many styles have in the past. With all the awesome cars that will be finished in 05/06, I hope my 68 Camaro can compete with the rest. :D

Mike