PDA

View Full Version : 5speed Tremec in 67 camaro ?

wheelermojo
03-07-2007, 05:33 PM
I recently bought a Tremec tko 600 from a friend of mine and have run down almost all the parts necessary to put it in a 67 camaro. I'm having some difficulty finding a solution for the shifter and drive shaft. I'm trying hard to avoid cutting my trans tunnel because the car has all the original floor/trunk pans in it and is a matching #'s car. I've called several companies and found out that Pro 5.0 is coming out with an offset shifter in 6-8 weeks but I'm hoping to put the trans in before then. I wanting to see if anyone had an answer or has already been through and solved this problem. Also I'm having trouble finding a drive shaft for sale that will fit - all the companies that I've called only sell the kit for GM's. If anyone knows the correct length for the drive shaft or where that I might be able to purchase one that would be a huge help. Thanks again for any responces - I'm eager to get the car ready for warm weather.

XcYZ
03-07-2007, 05:48 PM
You should be able to just have the stock driveshaft shortened. That's what I did. As a matter of fact, I still have the driveshaft on the shelf from when I ran a TKO in my 69.

67bird
03-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Check out classic chevy 5-speed. They sell mcleod shifters with the offset. They are called slic stiks (sp?).

TBART70
03-12-2007, 07:01 PM
Summit sells the shifter. I called summit and gave them the part number to the shifter for my 70 Camaro, Mcleod gave me the number and told me it would be cheaper to buy it from Summit. I believe they added the part numbers to all Camaro years to the catalog, My buddy was looking recently at it for a 67 and said it was there.

speedshopmike
03-22-2007, 10:52 PM
i have an offset shifter in stock right now i'll let go for $179 and 10 to ship it anywhere.
brand new, was a customer return.
send me an email if you'd like a picture.
thanks
mike