PDA

View Full Version : RS Conversion and Turbo plumbing

XcYZ
04-17-2005, 01:02 PM
Here's a few updates on my project. The front clip is just mocked up so I can test the fit of the RS buckets and weld in the tabs on the fenders.

I have all the oil feed and return lines and wastegate lines bent, I'm just waiting for a -10 to -6 adapter for the T at the back of the block as well as an AN flare tool (37* flare) and that part is done. Next week, the intake will be on its way to Force-EFI to have the injector bungs welded in.

http://www.lateral-g.net/gulbranson/rstestfit.jpg

http://www.lateral-g.net/gulbranson/rstestfit2.jpg

http://www.lateral-g.net/gulbranson/turbosupply2.jpg

http://www.lateral-g.net/gulbranson/turbosupply.jpg

68protouring454
04-17-2005, 01:24 PM
scott looks awesome, i bet you are getting excited, i cannot wait to bull on my car, this shop building is killing me, but it will be good, has given me a chance to collect alot of parts for build, again, looks killer
jake

jonny51
04-17-2005, 01:44 PM
Looking good Scott :thumbsup:

It must be tough just looking at that stuff!

Steve Chryssos
04-17-2005, 03:00 PM
Moch up, schmok up. Put it all together and paint it next winter.

A lot!!

Edit: Oh yeah, Looks great. (Can you tell I'm enthused?)

907rs
04-17-2005, 03:23 PM
Looking good, Scott. :thumbsup:

It must be the weather, as I'm spending more time out in the garage as well!!!! :D

almcbri
04-17-2005, 05:22 PM
Scott,

that thing looks incredible. The Banks twin turbo is awesome addition. Are you going to make the power tour this year?

Andrew

zbugger
04-17-2005, 05:46 PM
Looking good Scott. Hopefully some day it will look as good as the rendering.... :yes:

XcYZ
04-17-2005, 08:37 PM
Thanks guys, I'm definitely fired up again. Hopefully I'll be posting more updates on a regular basis.

radrambler
04-17-2005, 08:48 PM
SCOTT

:hail: your engine looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
great looking ride ...... :thumbsup:

you da man

radrambler

RussMS
04-17-2005, 10:49 PM
Wow. . .

What about sums it up. Wow

Steve1968LS2
04-17-2005, 11:16 PM
Screw the car.. I want that motor :drool:

Just kidding.. the car is very nice too.. even if it is just a mockery ;)

69rs
04-18-2005, 06:32 AM
Good choice joining the RS crowd! :yes: The car looks great! I love the wheels. :thumbsup: That motor should definately give you a little :morepower !!!

JohnM69SS
04-18-2005, 09:09 AM
Scott - That looks great! One of these days when it's done, you'll have to take me for a ride.

:hail:

camcojb
04-18-2005, 10:07 AM
Looks trick Scott. Glad to see you've had a little time to make a bit of progress!

Jody

Musclerodz
04-18-2005, 11:51 AM
About time, that thing was about as MIA as mine has been. Looking good there all dressed up in red.

Mike

MarkM66
04-18-2005, 12:05 PM
Nice! It's good to see progress. :D

Ummgawa
04-18-2005, 04:14 PM
Scott!!

Way too cool on the progress, man!! I am fired up for you, keep up the work and quick before you are staying up all night for other reasons. Good deal, You da man!!

BC69
04-18-2005, 05:38 PM
Scottt!!! Nice to see you are getting some work done! Doesn't moching it up just drive you to want it there for real. Of course the engine is artwork on its own, dont know if you want to hide it under the hood at all.
BTW: In all honesty I didnt read the other replys, so I am probably repeating alot...but whatever, I still think its cool you are getting things going and the car looks great.

Tim

XcYZ
04-18-2005, 06:31 PM
Thanks again, guys. :) I've had the car on the back burner with the new addition to the family coming soon, but I have a handle on that now, so it's time to get back to the car.

Jay Hilliard
04-19-2005, 07:32 AM
Scott,

That twin turbo setup is nice. Glad you have found time to work on it. It would be a crying shame to have that engine sitting there and no time.

Waiting for more pics. AWESOME CAR!

MaxHarvard
04-19-2005, 08:08 AM
hehe, i knew you couldnt help yourself, even with the little kidlette on the way ;) :D

Steve1968LS2
04-19-2005, 09:04 AM
Thanks again, guys. :) I've had the car on the back burner with the new addition to the family coming soon, but I have a handle on that now, so it's time to get back to the car.

Did ya know that Recaro makes child seats :thumbsup:

XcYZ
04-19-2005, 09:11 AM
Cool, we have the Simpson car seat, but I didn't know about the Recaro.

Payton King
04-19-2005, 12:21 PM
Glad to see that you started again. You are my hero. Every time I see that motor it takes me back to when I was 15 or 16 and I think hotrod did an article on it. There was carb on it, but the block was yellow with all that chrome. I have never wanted something so bad in my life. I ordered the litature on it and was broken hearted...$3500 for the kit. I believe the year was 1981. I wanted to put it in my 78 vette, but I had only paid $8000 for a 3 year old car used with 22,000 miles.

Thanks for living my dream. I get a ride next year on the power tour. Maybe we can switch cars for a leg of the trip.

Edward Bednar
04-21-2005, 07:41 AM
Nothing like a good fine whiiiiine, Scott. Looks great. Ed

Y-TRY
04-22-2005, 12:25 PM
Great job, Scott! I really like how you've used hard-lines for the oil and even vac. lines! I was considering that change for mine and your example really helps the case.

How do you plan running your downpipes around the clutch linkage? That was an issue with mine and arranging the turbos that way. I'm interested in seeing what you come up with.

Also, what kind of oiling are you using? That looks like a pretty deep pan and a passenger-side oil filter or something. Looks crazy and cool! I can't wait until you can give us some driving impressions!

XcYZ
04-22-2005, 01:30 PM
How do you plan running your downpipes around the clutch linkage? That was an issue with mine and arranging the turbos that way. I'm interested in seeing what you come up with. Also, what kind of oiling are you using? That looks like a pretty deep pan and a passenger-side oil filter or something.

Thanks! :)

Downpipes are a big concern, but my plans include a front steer rack setup and a hydraulic TO. The Dart block doesn't have a provision for an oil filter since the rails are spread .800", so I have to run a remote oil filter. It's still going to be tight with the master cylinder.

Y-TRY
04-25-2005, 12:30 AM
Right on. I knew something looked fishy with that block and oiling!

My plan, with that arrangment, was to actually make the Z-linkage into an H-linkage. I was going to use the same pivot points but engineer the center section to jog around the down-pipe. I decided to go with the downpipe down by the engine mounts instead, but that completely vetos power steering or any low-mount accessories. I was real interested in how you were going to work that all out.

The engine looks awesome an you're going to love the power, fo' sho' (see my post in "Updates.. Driving Impressions Pt. Deaux)
:thumbsup: :eek: :hail: :yes: