PDA

View Full Version : I need some help!

melman109
03-02-2007, 09:14 AM
Well I called a body shop to get some work done on my 68 Camaro, and I was told that I needed to remove the rear suspension and the sub frame in order for them to appy the rhino coating.... I need to know how to build one of those dollies that holds the body up on casters, or where I could buy one

here's an example of what i'm looking for.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/melman109/dolly-1.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/melman109/dolly1.jpg

Musclerodz
03-02-2007, 04:45 PM
You have the pics right there. It attaches to the front sub connector and the front leaf bracket

Mike

almcbri
03-03-2007, 08:21 PM
I used 3" square tubing for my body cart. Eastwood sells them, and right now eastwood has free shipping until Monday I believe.

I would build the cart to be a bit taller than the pics you have, or make it adjustable with pins, so you can raise the heights.

there isn't much to it, just a little measuring, cutting, and welding. I made mine adjustable for a variety of cars. good luck

melman109
03-06-2007, 08:16 AM
Thanks andrew!! Thats exactly what I was looking for:thumbsup:

T Bell
03-06-2007, 09:32 AM
one question, how will they Rhino line the area that the attachment point covers up. I am thinking about having mine done and was thinking of using 4x4 pretreated lumber (I have it available) and casters similar to the angle iron.

almcbri
03-06-2007, 09:57 AM
one question, how will they Rhino line the area that the attachment point covers up. I am thinking about having mine done and was thinking of using 4x4 pretreated lumber (I have it available) and casters similar to the angle iron.

The points that are attached, like in the pictures above are covered anyways by the subframe and by the leaf spring shackles. When I had my car sprayed I had it mounted on a rotisserie, and after I got it off I sprayed the mounting point areas that didn't get covered w/ a heavy coat of black paint.

One thing to consider when having your car rhinolined, is to apply a good coat of primer. I wouldn't just apply the bed liner material to bare metal.