PDA

View Full Version : 69 Charger design for you folks

city_ofthe_south
02-28-2007, 03:17 PM
apparently they only host the pic for so long. here's a link to the pic on my website. http://www.odellstudios.com/pics/2tone_charger.jpg

So I drew this car just for this place since I'm new and it's my first submission. I've never done a Charger, don't ask me why. I've also been refining my style and do only cars that I can claim as my own concept by at least 90%. So for this one I wanted to go all out on the mods. Stance had to be right, 2 tone paint with flat black and silver, big wheels, low tires. I'll provide some close ups but the stripe says HEMI of course and I deleted the trim around the wheel openings, replaced with little creases for some detail in that area. If a Charger was a woman she'd be a track runner - long and tight - so I got rid of some clutter to show it off... you know, door handles (who needs em!) Side markers, gone. I pushed the bumpers in and gave them the body color. That little spike on the nose of Chargers, shaved it off. I think that covers it. Enjoy, and don't be afraid to point out anything you do or don't like. Oh, I was going to put side exhaust, let me know what you might think about that. Something simple, flush with the body, right infront of the rear wheel.

XcYZ
02-28-2007, 09:20 PM
Looks awesome. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hdesign
02-28-2007, 09:40 PM
Frikken sweet. Very clean and nice color combo. Good wheel choice too!:thumbsup:

CarterHickmanDesigns
02-28-2007, 10:02 PM
Very nice and clean. Is it Illustrator?

ten1nchrubbers
03-01-2007, 01:04 AM

Alex396ss
03-01-2007, 02:37 AM
:thumbsup:

Alex

city_ofthe_south
03-01-2007, 08:41 AM
Thanks everyone for the comments. Toad, yup Illustrator ... I'm using 9.0. I'm glad people keep saying clean because that's exactly what I'm trying to do with my drawings now - I'm not shooting for photorealism. I've always loved the ink and marker style drawings because they seem simple yet look just awesome ... they're super clean. Anyway, I also wanted to throw in for you PHR readers to put a name with the art .... or something like that .... I'm part of the so called "Dell" brothers that own the white Mustang coupe from the first photo contest PHR put on that was in the best of the rest group. It's O'Dell not just Dell but anyway, that's my car and my brother and I did the photos. I think it was that same issue with Horton's car where he talked about lateral-g that got me here a whole, year or more later. So I'm Colter O'Dell, great to meet all of you.

XcYZ
03-01-2007, 02:22 PM
Do you have any more renderings of muscle cars?

city_ofthe_south
03-02-2007, 08:52 AM
only buckets of em. my website is in my sig below where most of them can be seen but I'll post more.

stylEmon
03-02-2007, 02:05 PM
nice work, and nice portfolio site.

How many different web designers have you gone through?!! J/Jwould it be possible to hook us up with a wallpaper size file of the SRT-8?

Rock!

city_ofthe_south
03-02-2007, 04:53 PM
haha. cause every page on my site looks different - I hear ya. I've only gone through one web designer ... me. I have all these ideas and can never settle so there ya go. Try things out on my site and try to be organized when i build someone else's I guess is my theory. I'm working on a more fluid, uniform site presently.

Uh, I can get a wallpaper of the SRT8 if you like. Like 1024 x 768?

Hey, I looked at the thread about posting pics in a forum, but does anyone know, can i do the same thing with pics from my own webiste?

Dodgenut64
03-03-2007, 12:19 PM
Very nice

Roger Poirier
03-03-2007, 03:48 PM
IMO I would keep the door handles on it. After all you have all the chrome trim around the windows. Side exhaust would also be a nice added feature.

Very nice work indeed. What I like it has a street look to it! :thumbsup:

R.P.

city_ofthe_south
03-06-2007, 09:24 AM
thanks again. well the door handles do have some function on a car. hehe. but the window trim is in the black, the handle would be in the silver ... i dunno. sometimes i think cars that do have the handles shaved look a little too blah when your looking down the side of the car.

syborg tt
03-06-2007, 01:58 PM
If you don't mind can i show this to a friend that is building a 69 Charger.

The car has a complete tube chassis with viper drivetrain and finished off with a TT v10. I can post pics/link if you are okay with it.

SteveMcqueenRules
03-06-2007, 03:33 PM
I just love your charger super clean and great combo of parts and color. how do I make drawings like that I have corel draw 10 is there some kind of tutorial i can find somewhere? I figured I would draw my car on paper then scan it into corel draw and go ape with it.

city_ofthe_south
03-07-2007, 09:35 AM
that would be cool with me syborg. i'd love to see the car and meet your friend, especially if he wants to build something along these lines.

and for mcqueen, yeah corel will work well for doing this sort of art. deviantart is a great place that i only recently discovered with ALLLLL sorts of art. (also noticed another deviant artist joined lateral-g a few days ago posting some 3D hot rods) ... anyway, I'm not real familiar with corel, especially draw, but apparently it'll do vector art, or bezier curves, much like Illustrator. I've seen some people doing cool stuff with it. here's a link to a whole slug of tutorials. http://search.deviantart.com/?section=browse&qh=boost%3Apopular+age_sigma%3A24h+age_scale%3A5&q=corel+draw+tutorial
if that doesn't work just use the search at the top of www.deviantart.com and search for corel tutorials.

syborg tt
03-07-2007, 01:48 PM
that would be cool with me syborg. i'd love to see the car and meet your friend, especially if he wants to build something along these lines.

Actaully the car is being built as we speak. It has left the fab shop and is at the body shop being getting the rest of the tim work completed.

here is a link to the car.

http://www.sportmachines.com/gallery/CFTTV10Charger

http://www.sportmachines.com/albums/CFTTV10Charger/2006_07_15_013.jpg

http://www.sportmachines.com/albums/CFTTV10Charger/2006_07_15_014.jpg

stylEmon
03-07-2007, 02:20 PM
thanks for the wallpaper, that is a sweet rendering man!
I feel ya on the web design. I used to redo my site one avery 2 months. so many ideas...

I am working on a site for my buddies shop, I'll toss you a link when i get control of the domain.

city_ofthe_south
03-08-2007, 08:43 AM
*collecting his jaw from the floor* ... well that is quite a Charger for sure. :wow:

np emon, glad you dig it. isn't that a "piston" from a rotary engine in your avatar?

syborg tt
03-08-2007, 09:43 AM
[QUOTE=city_ofthe_south]*collecting his jaw from the floor* ... well that is quite a Charger for sure. :wow: QUOTE]

yep it's a little over the top

Diognes56
03-08-2007, 11:00 AM
Nice rendering :yes: .

David

stylEmon
03-08-2007, 01:49 PM
isn't that a "piston" from a rotary engine in your avatar

LOL, well its a rotor from a rotary engine...:unibrow:

city_ofthe_south
03-09-2007, 08:44 AM
heh, i guess that's what the quotes were for. they need a shrugging smiley for me. *shrugs*

stylEmon
03-09-2007, 10:11 AM
it's all good. check this out when you have some spare time.

http://www.87rx7.blogspot.com/

or locally, and leave a comment...

http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=8404