PDA

View Full Version : Coil on Plug Ignition on SBC

Nutsy
04-15-2005, 07:13 PM
Ok, im planning on running either BigStuff3 or FAST EFX. I want to do a 1000hp Twin Turbo coil on plug setup on a 427 World or Dart Aluminum SBC.

What components are required for this style of ignition?

JamesD
04-16-2005, 01:09 AM
I know MSD is developing a kit, i'm not sure when its going to be available though. You can use ls1 coil packs, and use FAST's e-dist controller.

Steve Chryssos
04-17-2005, 08:56 PM
The MSD C.O.P. system is available. Although--according to Todd Ryden there is no major performance benefit. But I still want it!!

Nutsy
04-17-2005, 09:18 PM
Does the MSD system have its own ECU? or will it plug in to the BS3 or FAST to allow the standalone to control the timing. I would prefer to have one box and one software interface to do both fuel and timing if possible.

TwinSting
04-18-2005, 09:52 AM
I am running the Electromotive TEC3 system on my all aluminum 434 SBC. It offers huge tuning parameters and the ability to control just about anything.

Nutsy
04-18-2005, 10:16 AM
Ya i like that the Tec3 has the integrated coil system. I am still considering that as a solution for me, however, what i really like are the features of BS3 and FAST. There are a few things that the BS3 does do that the TEC3 doesn't that i am interested it.

I have also heard that the Tec3 system is a bit cumbersome to work with as they have several "different" terms in their software that may be confusing come to tuning.

BigAl...
04-19-2005, 10:35 AM
BS3 has an lsx system that you can use with lsx coils that would work perfect for your project.

BigAl...

Ricochet
04-19-2005, 11:40 AM
Ya i like that the Tec3 has the integrated coil system. I am still considering that as a solution for me, however, what i really like are the features of BS3 and FAST. There are a few things that the BS3 does do that the TEC3 doesn't that i am interested it.

I have also heard that the Tec3 system is a bit cumbersome to work with as they have several "different" terms in their software that may be confusing come to tuning.

I liked the integrated COP system the Tec3 offered as well. I talked to quite a few people that really know the tuning aspects of these systems & heard Electromotive can be cumbersome to work with as well. I have heard great things about FAST & Big Stuff. I'll be going with BigStuff 3 & integrate the COP system into it.

Nutsy
04-19-2005, 12:22 PM
I'll be going with BigStuff 3 & integrate the COP system into it.

Which COP system are you referring to?

Ricochet
04-19-2005, 02:00 PM
Which COP system are you referring to?

At this point I do not know which direction I will go. I know MSD makes a system that can be adapted, as well as a factory GM system. Once I'm ready to pull the trigger I'll contact Big Stuff & see what my options are.