PDA

View Full Version : Race Day Sunday March 18th Springfield, MO

Nitro_Ranger
02-26-2007, 12:56 PM
My name is Bob Allen and starting in 2003 I have helped my Church, West Division Street Baptist Church, put on an annual event dedicated to the local racers and race fans. The event is titled Race Day Sunday and is a day to recognize and honor the local heroes from our race tracks, their crews, families, and fans. David Martin of On Track Ministries (affiliated with the NASCAR chaplaincy program) from Indiana will be our speaker. David’s son Jonathan is a driver with several wins in Karts as well as a championship in Street Stock while still a teenager. David is a race track chaplain in Indiana, helps coordinate NASCAR chaplain programs, and is a car guy that everyone in motorsports can identify with.

The day includes Sunday School at 10:00AM for all age groups with some refreshments for those that missed breakfast, the Church Service at 11:00AM where all of the racers, owners, and families are recognized. After the service we have a car show that is open to all of the local racers, hot rodders, motorcycles, etc. The car show is free to participate in. We will have lunch and games for young and old.

We have room for parking trailers and there will be gentlemen keeping an eye on everything while the racers are inside being honored and participating in the Church service. I just ask that everyone have there car there by 10:00am, but no one will be turned away if they are running late. Call if you have any questions. My cell phone is 417-299-0057. Look forward to seeing some PT cars March 18th!!!