PDA

View Full Version : II Much: New Stuff

parsonsj
04-12-2005, 07:34 PM
Here's a link to some recent and different pics of my project. Bonus: Steve's driveway shot is there too.

jp

II Much New Stuff (http://www.iimuchfabrication.com/NewStuff)

XcYZ
04-12-2005, 07:35 PM
Absolutely killer!! :hail:

67Sally
04-12-2005, 08:59 PM
Thanks for sharing John.

On your rear wheel fit.....how much space is there between the wheel and the fender on the inside and outside?
W.

parsonsj
04-12-2005, 09:10 PM
Thanks guys.

William, (rear tire clearance) I've got about 1/4" on the outside. A solid inch on the inside, maybe more. The wheel wells are 14.25 wide and could theoretically hold a 335. Since I was limited to a 265 up front, I stayed at 315 to keep the tires in better balance.

jp

zbugger
04-12-2005, 09:22 PM
Don't you just hate when you start drowning in your own drool...... :rolleyes:

camcojb
04-12-2005, 09:27 PM
You're my hero John! :thumbsup:

Jody

Steve Chryssos
04-12-2005, 09:27 PM
For the hyperlink challenged
http://www.iimuchfabrication.com/NewStuff/photos/side%20view%203.jpg

66chevy
04-13-2005, 04:02 AM
John I admire all the work you have put into II much. I have loved the 66-67 Chevy II body style for a long time. I have also loved the G-machine/Pro-Touring build style but could not combine my loves into a car build like you have managed to do so well. Keep up the great work and keep the pics comeing. You may yet inspire me to actually attempt to turn one of my Chevy II's into a G-Machine. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :hail:

907rs
04-13-2005, 08:49 AM
Cool pics, John! :thumbsup: How much longer until the car is back from paint?

MaxHarvard
04-13-2005, 08:54 AM
I'm diggin' the gas tank! :D

ryans67deuce
04-13-2005, 08:57 AM
Hey JP - just an FYI, your description of the pic from behind the rear suspension states it's a 4-link. If I remember correctly, didn't you go to a 3-link??

Looks fantastic!!! And John U. - you do amazing camera work!!

Ryan

parsonsj
04-13-2005, 11:03 AM
Ryan,

Good question. The actual photos you see are of the original 4 link. So they are a bit "out of date". I won't be posting any 3 link photos for awhile ... I'll update the captions to make that clearer.

From the outside of the car, you can't tell the difference since the stance is the same.

jp

ryans67deuce
04-13-2005, 11:22 AM
Ryan,

Good question. The actual photos you see are of the original 4 link. So they are a bit "out of date". I won't be posting any 3 link photos for awhile ... I'll update the captions to make that clearer.

From the outside of the car, you can't tell the difference since the stance is the same.

jp

Cool - yeah i couln't really tell from the angle.

I am in awe!!! Looks awesome!!

Ryan

BC69
04-13-2005, 12:06 PM
That just looks insane!! After what seems like years of teaser shots of lil bits and pieces, seeing it sitting there just looks awesome. Your a true craftsman!

Thanks
Tim

Ricochet
04-13-2005, 01:14 PM
John-

The more pics I see - the more impressed I get!! I stated awhile back there are alot of killer cars out there, but once in awhile somebody comes out with a new car that raises the bar to another level. Well that my friend is you!!! That car is is a masterpeice from top to bottom!! :thumbsup:

Can't wait to see it!! Can we say SEMA???

parsonsj
04-13-2005, 01:44 PM
Thanks again. I appreciate the comments ... it really does inspire me to keep working on it. And when you've been working on the same car for such a long time, lots of encouragement is needed!!

Brent: SEMA looks iffy right now: my hoped-for SEMA ride has told me I'm their second choice. So I'm out looking for an interested sponsor these days.

jp

69rs
04-13-2005, 02:02 PM
You, sir, are an ar-teest! :thumbsup: Is the interior gonna be able to follow the body and mechanicals?

parsonsj
04-13-2005, 04:05 PM
The interior is gonna be tricky to "style". The idea there is to achieve comfortable and safe driving, make it pleasant to look at, yet still tie the rest of the car together with it.

I've got some ideas of how to do that; the difficulty is getting the interior guy (I can't sew ... so I ain't doing the interior) to see what I've got in mind.

Time will tell.

jp

Jims78elky
04-13-2005, 06:03 PM
Well,

In my opinion there is allot of nice well built cars on this site and over at protouring.If i was to choose the "definition" of protouring it would be john parsons project..I don't think we all fully understand the potential this man has on our hobby and the inspiration his work provides.

I look forward to the spotlight you will be in once the nova gets finished! :hail:

You have well earned it! :thumbsup:

Great pictures! :thumbsup:

-Jim :D

ryans67deuce
04-13-2005, 10:28 PM
Brent: SEMA looks iffy right now: my hoped-for SEMA ride has told me I'm their second choice. So I'm out looking for an interested sponsor these days.

jp

JP - well there must be one bad-ass ride out there being built if you're car doesn't get chosen.... :eek:

zbugger
04-14-2005, 01:29 AM
....If i was to choose the "definition" of protouring it would be john parsons project....
Ummm.... I call his car something more like "Pro-HolyCrapCanYouBelieveThatAmazingPieceOfWorkThatYou AreLookingAtRightNow!!!!!!" :hail: :hail: :hail::

Jay Hilliard
04-14-2005, 07:25 AM
John....that is truly awesome! :hail: If your car doesnt get selected for SEMA, the only reason is the SEMA committee doesn't want this car to show up the big names in car building (because it will do that).

Your craftmanship and car is simply amazing. :thumbsup:

JohnUlaszek
04-14-2005, 09:50 PM
Ryan,
Thanks for the compliment. I do the best I can to present what a cool ride JP's car is turning out to be.
I am lucky to live within a half hour of John's place so I get sneak peeks as he progresses. When the car comes back from paint I plan to document the rest of the build. I hope I can con John into letting me post some more sneak peeks.

69MyWay
04-15-2005, 04:07 AM
Wow.................. :hail: