PDA

View Full Version : Which solid subframe bushings to buy?

Musclerodz
04-11-2005, 03:24 PM
I know there are sevral companies offering solid subframe bushings but I am not sure if any brand is better than another. Do any of them innerlock (sp?) differently than another? I am considering machining them myself as they are about $10 worth of material. I really don't like the aluminum ones due to high stress loads especially in a turn, and possibilty of corrrosion over time. Steel would be much better and it is what I prefer to use. What are your thoughts?

Mike

MarkM66
04-11-2005, 07:13 PM
I think they all interlock the same way.

If you want a set anytime soon, get the DS&E ones, no doubt about it. I'd get the cheap Moroso ones second.

I don't want to vendor bash, so I'll keep quite on the other two companies that make them.

I'll put it this way, I ordered a set about a month and a half ago, from two companies in that time frame, and I'm still without a set.

I REALLY get fustrated when parts are holding up my build. Especially when they never said there'd be a hold up when I ordered them, :mad: .

Musclerodz
04-11-2005, 07:39 PM
I like DSE products, but $110 for bushings and $60 for 6 polished stainless bolts is a little pricey for my needs. I will probably end up having my machinist make some steel ones to my specs before it is all over with. If you want to product bash, pm me so I know who not to go to.

Mike

rwhite692
04-12-2005, 12:16 AM
I have a set of the Speedtech ones, I think they were $125. They do interlock and the quality and fit was very good. :thumbsup:

Musclerodz
04-12-2005, 10:38 PM
Well after reviewing everyone's prices, and talking to my machinist, I went ahead and ordered the DSE solid bushings today. Price wise they were upper end, but I like their quality. Machinist said by the time I got finished buying material, machining, and anodizing or plating, they would have cost the same or more. The polished bolts for $60 are still too high for my blood.

Mike