PDA

View Full Version : Hemi X by McBride

XcYZ
02-15-2007, 07:32 AM
Check out John's NASCAR inspired Hemi GTX. It has the whole back page of Popular Hot Rodding dedicated to his rendering.

Looks awesome, John! :hail:

http://www.lateral-g.org/artwork/mcbride/hemi_X.jpg

TravisB
02-15-2007, 07:35 AM
Very cool:yes:

HRBS
02-15-2007, 07:42 AM
Nice one John...
Man you're getting famous :D

Smack_talker
02-15-2007, 08:06 AM
Very Cool...congrats John. I may need a rendering someday.

Bowtieracing
02-15-2007, 09:09 AM
Awsome!!! Brutal mopars are:hail:

Hdesign
02-15-2007, 09:11 AM
Speechless....:drool:

slck6t9
02-15-2007, 09:40 AM
That is AWESOME!!!

Steve1968LS2
02-15-2007, 09:43 AM
It's a new thing I came up with. We ended the "indusustry profile" deal and I thought it would be cool to have a rendering each month from a different artist.

Next month is Ben Hermance.

And John always does sweet work.. look what he did for my Fairlane:

http://www.fquick.com/images/vehicles/full/391319702.jpg?1168403300

Speedster
02-15-2007, 10:23 AM
I want one of those cars... Nice rendering John.

MaxHarvard
02-15-2007, 11:18 AM
:wow:

I suddenly need a change of pants.
:_paranoid

907rs
02-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Awesome work, John! Congrats on the ink.

JohnnyGMachine
02-15-2007, 12:31 PM
Hey thanks guys! Thanks for Steve and PHR for giving me the opportunity and thanks to Scott Gulbranson as well. He's also helped me out with so much.

I really wanted to do something different. Mopars are hot but you see plenty of Cudas and Challeners - Chargers as well. At first I thought of doin' a Roadrunner but then it hit me...how about a GTX to be really different. The GTX was always the "sport luxury" car in the B-body lineup. There were Chargers and Roadrunners used as NASCARs what if the same basic theme was applied to a GTX. Since the Hemi would be the only logical choice I merged the NASCAR theme with Hemi and GTX to come up with HEMI X. The other thing I tried not to do was go too literal with the NASCAR stuff. The car would have to be driveable. The headlight covers can be removed and even though there's a side exhaust it still has some mufflers keeping the exhaust somewhat under control. I'd really love to build this car but it's outta my budget range for sure. The motor alone. Anyways, I had fun and hope to get a chance to do something like this again with Popular Hot Rodding.

I look forward to seeing Ben and some other guys work in there as well.

J

jonny51
02-15-2007, 12:49 PM
Nice work once again John!

HRBS
02-15-2007, 01:25 PM
I'm no fortune teller..... but something tells me your work will be in Chevy Rumble this month too :unibrow:

Sales@Dutchboys
02-15-2007, 01:48 PM
Man that thing is sick! Great job:thumbsup:

mazspeed
02-15-2007, 05:21 PM
Thta looks killer, what a great idea. Now to find a car to build :thumbsup:

Mr.VENGEANCE
02-15-2007, 05:40 PM
nice!!

JohnnyGMachine
02-15-2007, 06:38 PM
Man would I ever love to build this. I've had ideas for this concept for some time. I love the B-bodys especially the 1968-1970 Roadrunner and GTXs. I've been a Mustang guy for a long time primarily the fox body Mustangs. As a matter of fact I just put my S10 on 20s up for sale and bought an 88 Mustang GT for daily use. Evene though I dig the stangs, I have a desire to own a killer Mopar someday.

JayR
02-15-2007, 06:48 PM
Looks great, John! Good job!
I'm not a Mopar guy either but that thing makes me consider it!

Roger Poirier
02-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Steve at PHR, thats a like front spoiler that you still need to have made and installed on your Camaro. Very cool looking.

R.P.

jimhamptons
02-15-2007, 09:10 PM
Awesome!! That car needs to be built!!

Steve1968LS2
02-15-2007, 10:35 PM
Awesome!! That car needs to be built!!

For some reason that car has "Steve Strope" written all over it..

Rodger, yea.. I'm diggin that spoiler!

novanutcase
02-15-2007, 10:43 PM
G**D*M* MOTH*R*U**ER! That thing is a work of art! It just HAS to be built!

23corner_blitz
02-15-2007, 10:50 PM
I love his renderings :hail: :hail:

sonoma01
02-15-2007, 11:19 PM
Well John does work at GMP after all. Maybe he could help us all own a version of this...even if it is a little smaller.:D

Brandon

67Sally
02-15-2007, 11:22 PM
Very sweet indeed!
W.

almcbri
02-15-2007, 11:25 PM
That is amazing! John has some great ideas and of course mad art skills.

I just wish he would give me a discount on a rendering since he is one of my relatives.....

I am just kiddin, no direct relation.

jeff s
02-15-2007, 11:29 PM
That's wicked John

zbugger
02-16-2007, 12:53 AM
Damn, that thing looks bad ass John. Have you ever thought of drawing up a second gen Camaro? You know, one of the mid decade cars.... Big bumper type.... You know.. Kinda golden brown in color....:_paranoid

tyoneal
02-16-2007, 03:18 AM
Hey thanks guys! Thanks for Steve and PHR for giving me the opportunity and thanks to Scott Gulbranson as well. He's also helped me out with so much.

I really wanted to do something different. Mopars are hot but you see plenty of Cudas and Challeners - Chargers as well. At first I thought of doin' a Roadrunner but then it hit me...how about a GTX to be really different. The GTX was always the "sport luxury" car in the B-body lineup. There were Chargers and Roadrunners used as NASCARs what if the same basic theme was applied to a GTX. Since the Hemi would be the only logical choice I merged the NASCAR theme with Hemi and GTX to come up with HEMI X. The other thing I tried not to do was go too literal with the NASCAR stuff. The car would have to be driveable. The headlight covers can be removed and even though there's a side exhaust it still has some mufflers keeping the exhaust somewhat under control. I'd really love to build this car but it's outta my budget range for sure. The motor alone. Anyways, I had fun and hope to get a chance to do something like this again with Popular Hot Rodding.

I look forward to seeing Ben and some other guys work in there as well.

J

I really liked the rendering. The front spoiler Rocks.

Does anyone know if someone makes a front spoiler similar to the one on HEME X, for First GEn Camaro's, in stead of the flimsy plastic ones they sell now?

tyoneal

PASD U
02-16-2007, 07:55 AM
Dayum! :yes:

I agree Sonoma....as always. Maybe John's car will be in Talladega Nights II. haha.

JohnnyGMachine
02-16-2007, 11:57 AM
....as long as he doesn't drive it blind folded!!!

Thanks for the compliments guys, I'd love to see somebody do something neat with a GTX. Now I have to give some compliments...There's talented guys out there that I've always been inspired by like Chip Foose, Mike Desmond, and Steve Stanford. There's also a few favorite cars out there inspire as well...for some it's the Mule, or the Johnson Cuda. There's a couple cars that got me inspired to start on Hemi X. First I saw Charlie Libby's yellow 1966 Fairlane and loved it, plus it was a Ford which was different and being a Ford muscle car guy I couldn't get enough of it. The next car that I saw that really got me was the 1968 Charger that Steve Strope built for George Poteet. I absolutely love that car and would consider donating vital organs if it meant gaining ownership of that ride.
Hemi X is along the same vein as those but I wanted to do A GTX with my own take on it and see if I could push the street Fighter/NASCAR envelope, very functional yet still clean.

Again, thanks all for the compliments. I hardly ever have time to do anything for myself and this was something I've wanted to draw up for the last few months. My buddy Chris has been trying to pull me away from the Fords and drag me into the land of Mopars for awhile.

XcYZ
02-16-2007, 12:20 PM
I predict that Hemi X will be built. John's concept and design is just amazing, it has a blend of everything that's hot and on the cutting edge right now.

Diognes56
02-16-2007, 12:33 PM
It's a new thing I came up with. We ended the "indusustry profile" deal and I thought it would be cool to have a rendering each month from a different artist.

I really like that idea Steve :D .

Awsome rendering John :yes: .

David

crc
02-17-2007, 08:02 PM
I like it!!

syborg tt
02-18-2007, 09:16 AM
I predict that Hemi X will be built. John's concept and design is just amazing, it has a blend of everything that's hot and on the cutting edge right now.

i agree - when i saw the rendering the first thing i said is who is going to build this beast. I sure hope someone does.

vanzuuk1
02-22-2007, 05:46 PM
I loved johns sketch.

I have a similar spoiler on my car, made it from a sign I removed from a building. {I work for a sign company}

Ummgawa
02-22-2007, 05:57 PM
:wow:

I suddenly need a change of pants.
:_paranoid

Too funny man.